Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings! (/showthread.php?tid=5722)

Greetings! - Rinette - 12-07-2013

Hello! I've actually been in game for a couple months (and lurking around here) so I thought it was time to finally introduce myself to the RP community and hopefully make some connections for my character.

--MMORPG background
I started in WoW (thanks to my husband) and played it for longer then I care to admit, I dabbled in DDO, SWTOR, Tera, and a few other free to plays that I don't really remember. Nothing was able to hold my attention like FFXIV has.

--RP experience
My RP experience is pretty boring, I started in 2004 on Gaia Online and stayed there for quite some time. Every so often I would be introduced to other forum websites but always ended up back on Gaia. Even though I played WoW for many years I didn't start to RP on there until a month before I quit. I did RP my entire stay on Tera (about 4 months) and enjoyed it a lot which lead me to find out which world was for RPing on FFXIV.

--Character ideas/info
I haven't had very many chances to RP Rinette but I have created a wiki page about her that's still a work in progress. Her attitude hasn't been worked out but I know that she'll be quiet, shy, and a bit reclusive. I might end up changing that though since it would make walk-ups with her boring and awkward. I get the feeling that without creating an IC history with another player she wont get much interaction. And now I'm just rambling..

--How did you learn about the coalition?
I googled "FFXIV unofficial RP server" and there it was!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Medium for sure. My character is already max level and geared so aside from capping my mythology each week I would like to spend my time RPing. Aside from that sticking to lore is important to me, I have yet to learn everything possible but I'm trying to read up on what lore pertains to my character. On that note anyone who is an expert on Miqo'te lore I would love to talk to you to make sure I'm not breaking lore with my character history.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
I'm a stay at home mom so I AFK a lot to get dangerous objects away from my two year old. I live on the west coast and end up playing whenever I get the chance. To be more specific 2-4PM and 9-midnight are my best times. I'm insanely boring because I have no real hobbies besides playing video games.

RE: Greetings! - Tobias Nightbringer - 12-07-2013

Welcome to the RPC! Feel free to send me a poke in-game or here and I will try to catch you around in-game some time as well Big Grin 

By the way, love the animated banner you got going on at the bottom!

RE: Greetings! - Gharen - 12-07-2013

Welcome to the RPC! If you see Gharen Wolfsong out and about you're more than welcome to shoot me a msg ingame or here for Rp. =)

RE: Greetings! - Olofantur - 12-07-2013

Greetings Rinette!

I've seen you lurking around a little bit so i'll skip the usual deluge of links and get to the "Holy crap another Gaia player!" admittedly theres hundreds of thousands, so not really that surprising, but still! I kinda miss Barton town, I only check in every few months to see how its doing. (the ZOMG, MMO kind of tie in with the housing was really interesting, if a bit buggy...)

If you don't mind me asking, what server did you play on in WoW? I was A Steamwheedlin' most of the time, but I had been a part of Twisting Nether and WRA at one point, although briefly.

Cool to see you've already started on a wiki page! they're awesome for letting people know what might be the best way to approach a character. A lot of people might not realize it, but the wiki gets literal hundreds of page views (the last time I asked) so its more read than people think!

If your already geared and would like a stable group to roll with, I'd suggest looking at "Balmungs Finest" in the Linkshell hall, I know I know, I said I wouldn't provide any links, but its just so tempting!

Anywho, good luck out in Eorzea, and best of luck with your adventures! Cactuar

RE: Greetings! - Hammer - 12-07-2013

Welcome, Rinette! Glad you spoke up!

(12-07-2013, 03:18 AM)Rinette Wrote: I'm a stay at home mom so I AFK a lot to get dangerous objects away from my two year old. I live on the west coast and end up playing whenever I get the chance. To be more specific 2-4PM and 9-midnight are my best times. I'm insanely boring because I have no real hobbies besides playing video games.

Stay-at-home-parenting is a profession that I have lots of respect for. You know, I recently saw a great infographic about this: http://www.upworthy.com/its-pretty-shocking-how-much-money-this-person-would-make-if-they-didnt-love-their-client-so-much-2

I hope you're enjoying Balmung, and good luck with your two-year-old!

RE: Greetings! - Wombat - 12-07-2013

Greetings and welcome to the RPC and Balmung! I think you'll like it here. =D

RE: Greetings! - Rinette - 12-07-2013

@Tobias: I'm pretty sure I saw you right before I logged off last night! I will definately send you a message if I see you. And thanks! I've been messing around with GIFs of Rinette and that and the one on her wiki page came out perfect, I thought it would be a waste not to use them.

@Gharen: Thanks! I really appreciate the offer.

@Olofantur: I thought I saw you mention Gaia a couple times! There may be a lot of them around but I rarely see anyone admit they used to RP there. I stopped checking it a long time ago, any RPs in Barton Town are all "Trapped in a vampire mansion! Guys are vamipres, girls are cute!" or "Mysterious forest! Just try to escape!" I couldn't bear the disappointment. I'm glad I never got too invested into the housing since it wasn't working at all for the longest time, I'm glad they tied it in with the ZOMG so that the people who did get into it didn't waste their gold.

As for WoW I hung around horde side on Moon Guard when I RP'd but my main character hopped around several servers over the years she was mostly on Boulderfist though.

That's good to know about the wiki, I was kinda worried that it would be pointless to make one except for personal use.

I will look into Balmungs Finest, I'm always on the look out for groups for anything. Although I think my FC is wanting to pull me into Turn 1/2/3 so I wouldn't be able to do that. I'm pretty sure your links lead me to most of my current linkshells!

Thanks a ton, you've been a lot of help!

@Hammer: I am really glad that you linked that actually. I'm going to show that to my hubby next time he complains about being called into work on his day off!

I absolutely love Balmung, it was worth the wait trying to catch the character creation lock down. Hope to see you around.

@Wombat: I love it here too, even though I've been lurking a lot it's a great place. I've already learned a lot about lore that I didn't know I needed. I've seen you around too, hard to forget that adorable icon.

RE: Greetings! - Lutra - 12-09-2013

Heya~~ Welcome to the RPC. C:

Woohoo, miqo'te-bard-fist-bump! ;D Best!

RE: Greetings! - Sahde Vhidgo - 12-09-2013

*sways to the banner-music*

Welcome to Balmung, and welcome to the RPC Smile Y'lyfriel Sikah, my main, is a Sunseeker Miqo'te who is going out of her way to learn about her tribal heritage; she has no connection to it, aside from her name.

If you ever want for RP, feel free to send a /tell in-game. Cheers! Tonberry