Hydaelyn Role-Players
Places scribbles here~ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Places scribbles here~ (/showthread.php?tid=6034)

Places scribbles here~ - Rosekitten - 01-03-2014

Still beating myself into drawing more, I want to but my free time says otherwise. Two kids will do that to you Tongue

DA Link
Tumblr

I tend to post more wip and sketches on Tumblr then I do my DA, so if you are into that or enjoy seeing rough sketches that's where you should go.

Show Content

RE: Places scribbles here~ - Rinette - 01-03-2014

D'aw those eyes, she looks so sad. Was there RP inspiration with that sketch?

Either way I think it looks great, but I'm not an artist so I don't have an eye for anything related to it. There are tons of talented artists in this community so one of them will be able to give you better feedback.

RE: Places scribbles here~ - Rosekitten - 01-03-2014

none really, i wanted to fight with the hair i seem stuck on for the character.. love it to bits.. pain in the royal butt to draw .__.;

Though I guess it could be the proper expression if someone managed to get her to fess up about her past a bit. She's not too proud of it.

I noticed the ton of fantastic artists here ^^; i'll be happy to be half as good someday ~

RE: Places scribbles here~ - Rinette - 01-03-2014

That is my absolute favorite hair style, I wish miqo'te females had some sort of braids. You did a great job with it, I knew exactly what hair style it was the second I saw the picture.

Aw, maybe some day Rinette can learn about her past. I'm always looking for roleplay. :3

RE: Places scribbles here~ - Tla - 01-03-2014

More then sad she looks scared and horrified to me! Either way she looks very expressive, I like it like it!!
And that's a whole lot of braids indeed!

RE: Places scribbles here~ - Rosekitten - 01-03-2014

Rinette ~ I'm always up for rp ^^ if I seem busy feel free to poke me I tend to drop whatever I'm doing for rp's >w> hehe.. but yeah I drew that hair at least.. um.. 3-4 times before I called it a night. There is no real references for that sort of style =/ and most of the other elezen styles don't fit the character's personality.

Tlamila ~ possible as well.. given the odd little conversation she was having with a small group I may be scared as well for my own well being. ^^; I love expressions.. once i get back into the swing of drawing I'll probably go back to body expressions to work with the face/mood. 

I'm assuming the style is a lot of braids.. the hair graphics don't really give away that detail but logically.. thats the best i could come up with.

RE: Places scribbles here~ - Rosekitten - 02-06-2014

There I did something productive recently... even with me being mad as fire at my husband for his actions as of late ~grumbles..~ Still determined to finish the V-day image I started of our characters. 

Makes me a bit sad he doesn't roleplay so such a thing would never happen IC'ly :<

RE: Places scribbles here~ - Hyakki - 02-07-2014

I like your style! To me, it looks like she's hesitant "But I don't wanna..." and kind of pouty.

(01-03-2014, 01:13 PM)Rosekitten Wrote: Given I need motivation to draw and only recently have I been getting to of my dry spell in rp'ing I figured I'd start the new year in a good way and trying to keep o my word on drawing more. Feedback is more then welcome or if you want to request a sketch or to offer to be an experiment >_>

I told myself I'd do the same this year. Its been years since I did anything I was truly proud of and I've been slacking hard. Lurking this board has given me a spark but not quite yet the roaring fire under my butt that I need to get back into it. Good luck to you!

If you'd like a test subject feel free to draw my guys. I only have references up for Alves though.

Show Content

RE: Places scribbles here~ - Rosekitten - 02-07-2014

I can give it a shot, the last one i drew was the only one i've come close to finishing or doing the lines for in a LONG time to be honest. >_<; Stay at home mom and i do all the house work plus take care of the kids... heh i start a bit worn ^^;

But I'll try either way :3

as far as what you said on the image.. she would be not wanting to .. XD as a rp character she hates or distrusts Lalafells due to a few issues in the past. But my husband doesn't rp so this would never happen.

RE: Places scribbles here~ - Rosekitten - 05-19-2014

still alive! posted a present wip image that i need to finish .. I just need to stop being lazy.