Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gauging Interest for RP LS - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Gauging Interest for RP LS (/showthread.php?tid=6164)

Gauging Interest for RP LS - Musemi - 01-19-2014

Had a concept to run, of a Knights training academy RP LS. This is a pure rp group with no pve, endgame, or voicechat support.

Players would come in as Pages, and be evaluated ICly, and then be awarded points OOCly in several different catergories pertaining to their education. Through participation in classes and other rp storylines, they could earn additional points.

Once enough points were earned, they could advance to the rank of squire. At this point they would be able to enter the field with knights. A similar, but longer points system would be employed for them to advance to the rank of knight.

Events would be twice a week. On odd weeks it would be two nights of knight classes.
On even weeks it would be one night of class, and one story-based rp session, which could be anything from IC dungeon runs, to telling personal stories, to knights riding out en masse to squash an enemy. If demand was high for more rp we could of course cross that bridge when we get there.

Though the concept is already established and ready to start rolling, Iknow a majority of people have already found their rp 'homes', which is why I wanted to do an interest check before rolling this out. There would be an application process that focuses primarily on OOC personality. We want friendly, laidback, and socialable people (the LS chat would be OOC, with RP happening face to face) who will help make this group great. We also highly encourage rp newcomers, and those with a love for forum and skype based rp.

ICly, it doesn't necessarily matter who you are, so long as you are there to learn. However, it is possibly to get kicked out ICly if you are shown to be evil, incapable of instruction, or consistently disruptive to the learning process. There are also some openings for civilians able to provide services throughout the Knight's keep

It doesn't really matter how big or small we are c: if we have about six students interested, it's enough to get started. So let me know if anyone's interested!

RE: Gauging Interest for RP LS - FreelanceWizard - 01-19-2014

That sounds like an interesting LS concept. Back when 2.x first launched, I seem to recall there being an FC that did something similar (knightly order with a squire system) and it was quite popular, so I'm sure there's people about looking for a similar experience. Also, "academy" groups are always popular. Smile

Alas, I don't have a character that'd fit well with this, but I wish you luck!

RE: Gauging Interest for RP LS - AvalonBright - 01-19-2014

[Delete]

RE: Gauging Interest for RP LS - Naunet - 01-19-2014

(01-19-2014, 01:50 PM)AvalonBright Wrote: It definitely sounds intriguing, but you lost me at 

To be fair, it's a linkshell. If you wanted to join this, you could get your PvE/endgame needs from another linkshell or a free company. :p

Sounds like a fun idea, OP, though I'm not sure I have any characters who would fit the concept (i.e. a wanna-be knight in training). A decidedly non-combat civilian, a loner assassin, a Garlean-in-hiding, and a nameless masked gardener don't exactly make knight material. xD Still, good luck!

RE: Gauging Interest for RP LS - Musemi - 01-19-2014

(01-19-2014, 02:09 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(01-19-2014, 01:50 PM)AvalonBright Wrote: It definitely sounds intriguing, but you lost me at 

To be fair, it's a linkshell. If you wanted to join this, you could get your PvE/endgame needs from another linkshell or a free company. :p

Yep yep, that's exactly the reason it would be a LS and not a FC Big Grin

Also, the reason why I was only gonna have 2 gatherings a week. So people had plenty of time with their FC's Smile

RE: Gauging Interest for RP LS - Anzio - 01-19-2014

My Elezen character might fit in with this. I'll be keeping an eye out.

RE: Gauging Interest for RP LS - Knight Kat - 01-19-2014

This sounds like a great idea! If I had ANY other character, I'd go for this. But despite my forum name, Kiht is not an aspiring knight. I made this one a scout and huntress...

I wish you luck with this!

RE: Gauging Interest for RP LS - Rosekitten - 01-20-2014

re-reading over this my character isn't the whole knight type or does well under being ordered about constantly even through training.. >w>

Though the services peaked my interests. I'd be interested in this give IC'ly my character dabbles in a different crafts, mainly being blacksmith and amorsmith and enough woodworking knowledge that she can do repairs on wooden or similar weapons but crafting them wouldn't be her strong point. >w<

RE: Gauging Interest for RP LS - Snow - 01-20-2014

This has peaked my interest; let me know if you go ahead and make the LS. My main is seeking knight hood.