Hydaelyn Role-Players
Newly Arrived Flotsam - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Newly Arrived Flotsam (/showthread.php?tid=6189)

Pages: 1 2

Newly Arrived Flotsam - Steel Wolf - 01-22-2014

The shores of the La Noscean coast must have felt like a pillow to her head.

There were more embarassing arrivals to port, to be sure, but Steel Wolf was loathe to think of them right now.  The moment she saw the beach, all sense of propriety was lost as her swimming efforts redoubled, her limbs kicking up spray like a school of angry pugils.  She unashamedly crawled her way up out of the surf, gasping as the weight of her soaked clothes seemed to double in onzes.  Her body flumped onto the soft sand in a dull thud, her back heaving as she greedily sucked in huge gasps of air. 

It would be a fine place to die.  Or, at least, to have a nap...right until a voice greeted her ears.

"Ahoy, bilge rat! Present ye'self or face me spearpoint!"

--------

Hello, RPC!  I'm Steel Wolf, and I'm a newly floated arrival to your forums/community!  It's great to meet you.

GAMING THINGS
I'm not new to FFXIV in its 2.0 configuration--I currently hold a level 50 PLD with IL 71 equipment as of this writing, along with a variety of classes ranging in level between 5-25'ish.  I'm something of an altoholic, so the fact that one character  can experience EVERYthing is something of a blessing and a curse for my attention span...but when called to action, I can absolutely focus without question.  I LOVE me some tanking, and this is one of the first games where dungeons felt like fun, for the most part.

Prior RP experience and MMO experience comes in the form of a variety of games over several years.  (Bullet points are fun!)
  • MechWarrior 3 and 4 (leadership role)
  • Everquest I
  • Everquest Online Adventures
  • Final Fantasy XI
  • City of Heroes (leadership role)
  • City of Villains
  • Rift
  • World of Warcraft (but who hasn't, amirite?)
  • TERA
  • The Secret World
  • Various RP-centric forums
IC THINGS
My character is named Steel Wolf in game.

I've a deep love of the Roegadyn, as they closely resembled the beloved Galka from XI.  The female variant immediately impressed when I was in the character creator, and so she's my go-to adventurer, and the only character I have in-game.  Even though I'm an altoholic, I don't see the value of making mulitple characters...though this does leave me in the IC trap of being a Mary Sue.  I've some writing ideas to circumvent the trap (she's awful at magic, but using a grimoire seems to help her significantly, though she'll never be an absolute master...or even a middling mage), but mostly I'm attached to the character and can't bring myself to alt, even if it makes mechanical sense RP-wise.

Her story will be elaborated upon in the pending wiki page I'll make for her, but in brief, she's a widowed woman who seeks to establish her husband's armoring trade, Steel Wolf Armory, and is using her martial prowess to fund this end.  However, the call of adventure is proving very hard to resist...

OOC THINGS
I'm a 23 year-old male whose interests include writing (obviously), drawing (barely), cooking (deliciously), gaming (derpily), and comedy (hopefully).  I'm very open about the kind of person I am in real-life, as I've had some very bad things happen to me as a result of keeping things too close to vest...so I lay out all of my cards on the table of things people can hate me for.

I kiss guys.
I like ponies.
I eat WAY too many Pringles.
I'm new to Doctor Who and think Matt Smith is tied with David Tennant as best Doctor, and I can't wait to see what Capaldi brings to the role.
I love football...both American and worldwide, and am a supporter of Manchester United.

Now that I've put it all out there, feel free to stop reading.  Anyone else still here?  Yay!

GOALS AND THINGS
I've recently transferred to the Gilgamesh server, after having started my character on Behemoth and having my former guild literally fall apart beneath me--hence the opening sinking ship thing above.  7-20 days when the last person in-guild logged in literally had the writing on the wall.

So, I'm seeking a new start and new interactions and new friends.  As I mentioned before, I have IL 71 equipment, but I'm always willing to improve if my desire to play alt classes permits.  I'm still quite new to a few of the encounters, but would like to quelch my fears of inexperience with a group of patient and friendly folks.  In return, you'll have a very eager and willing participant who can pick up on things quickly...and though I can be prone to frustration if my tanking isn't up to par, I try to use that drive to be the best Paladin I can.

My primary focus, of course, is roleplay.  IC dungeons, IC hanging around, IC PvP...I'm up for it all.  I have been missing this part of my game very VERY much, and I'm looking for some medium to heavy RP-focused group to adventure and grow with.  I chose Gilgamesh...but I may have made a hasty decision...so I'm hoping that I can find an active, warm and welcoming FC to play alongside.

My sword, my shield and my soul ready at your service!

RE: Newly Arrived Flotsam - Bryn - 01-22-2014

Hi Steel Wolf,

I loved your post. So much so that I am sad you're over on Gilgamesh and not here on Balmung. But hey, you're an altoholic, right? Alt it up here on Balmung, and drop Brynhilde Wulf a /tell. Wink

RE: Newly Arrived Flotsam - Steel Wolf - 01-22-2014

(01-22-2014, 12:06 PM)Bryn Wrote: Hi Steel Wolf,

I loved your post. So much so that I am sad you're over on Gilgamesh and not here on Balmung. But hey, you're an altoholic, right? Alt it up here on Balmung, and drop Brynhilde Wulf a /tell.  Wink

Thanks!  I'm honestly thinking I may have made the "wrong" decision...with wrong here meaning the least RP populated...but, you're right, I -AM- an altoholic.... XD

Thanks for the welcome all the same!  Big Grin

RE: Newly Arrived Flotsam - Lizzo - 01-22-2014

Hey, another altoholic!

I currently have 4 characters between ilvl 70-73, a lvl 32 BLM, lvl 20 PGL and a new toon (3 days old) who will be strictly for RP once she hits lvl 20. 

Throw me an tell on any of my characters anytime if you want to pve or rp. Welcome to Gilgamesh.

RE: Newly Arrived Flotsam - Asgarn - 01-22-2014

Hello, Steel Wolf! And welcome!

Firstly, I love the little introduction you gave. It's quite obvious that you also partake in forum roleplay as well as in-game roleplay, which I think is awesome! You're a dying breed, y'know that? (Not that I... Y'know... Want you to die...) Your roleplaying experience intrigues me and our lists have various crossover points. Which servers were you on in Final Fantasy XI, Rift, TERA and WoW? *Bombards with questions*

On another note, it is great to meet another Galka enthusiast! I actually designed Asgarn with the hopes of looking as "Galka-y" as possible. Sadly, Seawolves don't get the doggy-looking nose and Asgarn's story had no place in Hellsguard lore. *Sad RoeRoe* Also, your OOC interests (except football. Love American football, HATE English football/soccer... Sorry!) line up almost perfectly with mine. This is rather curious.

It's a shame you're on Gilgamesh as I think it would be great to RP with you some time, but if you're ever on Balmung, hit me up! Not... Literally. D:

And again, welcome! *Absorbs in to the community* "GLOOOOMP!" Moogle

Thanks so much for the awesome welcomes everyone!!  ^^

As for your questions, Asgarn...

-I don't remember what servers I played on, because my memory is bad and all I can think about are chicken wings.
-I'm totally fine with us being football fans if not soccer fans.
-Please don't kill me...I dun wanna be a dying breed!

Now if you'll all excuse me, I'm about to get Roe-glomp't!! 

*SQUIRSH!*

RE: Newly Arrived Flotsam - Roen - 01-22-2014

I will add to intro-love!  And welcome to RPC!  I hope you have fun at Gilgamesh and meet a lot of cool folks, but if you ever roll an alt in Balmung, please feel free to bump into my character!

And... really.  Who can just eat a few Pringles.  It's like a mixture of potato and AIR.

(01-22-2014, 12:57 PM)Brynn Wrote: And... really.  Who can just eat a few Pringles.  It's like a mixture of potato and AIR.
Despite their airiness, I have scientifically proven that Pringles are the best delivery method of bringing potato to face. 

/sagenod

Especially if you mash some potatoes up, throw some chips in there, followed by those cheesey-potato-y fried things. Then scoop it all up with a pringle and ram it in your face. ... By gah, that sounds like a carb-induced heart attack. One second, I need to go detox for even thinking of it.

RE: Newly Arrived Flotsam - Whittledown - 01-22-2014

Late to the party but it's always nice to see another badass Roegadame out there!

(01-22-2014, 01:33 PM)Whittledown Wrote: Late to the party but it's always nice to see another badass Roegadame out there!

Feel free to join in!  Asgarn here was just making me extremely jealous that I don't have a Death By Potato Dip here to eat.

(Yes, I'm creepin' my own thread.  I'm lurkin' while I'm workin'.  Slow day at the office, yo.)

RE: Newly Arrived Flotsam - Old Account - 01-22-2014

A Roe unicorn.  :o

Welcome to the RPC and Gilgamesh!  Glad to have you aboard.  Yes, Gilgamesh is the smaller of the two, but we're tight-knit and growing.  I know, personally, it's very rewarding to work with the community and build it up.

Quite the history there.  You sound like a hell of a lot of fun to roleplay with.  Please, do not hesitate to poke me in-game (and likewise, I will look for you)!  I'm almost always running around in Limsa during the evenings.

I know I'm in a small, heavy RP guild (gogo clandestine trading and adventure), so we don't have much in the way of endgame, but there are several FCs lurking around on Gilgamesh that are both roleplay and endgame.  I've no doubt you'll find a home here.

Oh gods, I thought the unicorn horn removal surgery wouldn't be found out!!  /sobs

I'm REALLY honestly heartened to hear (or read, heh) that the RP community in Gilgamesh is close-knit.  With so many names with Balmung under them in this forum, I was admittedly getting a little nervous!  ^^;;

Thanks for the welcome! <3

EMOTICONS  Big Grin

RE: Newly Arrived Flotsam - Lost River - 01-22-2014

Yes, Balmung, come, yes. *nod nod* Welcome. Yes. Yes, indeed!

Awwh, it's great to see that you're gonna become part of the ever-growing Gilgamesh. Big Grin I am not certain of the rules in terms of servers when roleplaying on these forums, as I am yet to break the third wall, but if we can cross-server roleplay on here, maybe we'll see you around there! Also, it's not like we Balmungians won't be around. As you likely know, if you ask a question on these forums, you are likely to be bombarded with answers of the kindest variety, so we'll see you about!

Still, the invitation stands. If you're ever on Balmung, /tell us and we'll get you in to some of our weekly events! Have fun! Moogle

P.S. Balmung has it's own Roegadyn Linkshell. ROEGADYN MASTER RACE! *Ahem*