Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hiya - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hiya (/showthread.php?tid=6197)

Hiya - Kage - 01-23-2014

Heylo! My name is Kage and I'm (obviously) new. I'm fairly new to RPing in general and most definitely in an MMORPG setting. I've started to have fun with friends in playing around in Revenant's Toll though on my main and one of my friends is actively RPing so I feel... safer/less anxious in starting.

My general RP experience comes from an anime/gaming themed social networking forums site that I will leave unnamed in their Breedables/Collectibles area. I'm very self-conscious and shy; it usually takes me a month+ to get comfy and outgoing with friends. 

I'm pretty familiar with Final Fantasy games in general; though I didn't play many of the jobs-classes installments. I also didn't play the modern X and beyond games. My experience with MMORPGs is from F2P ones like Trickster Online way back when.

My character Kage in RP is sorta a reflection of myself I think. A dunesfolk Lalafell hailing from somewhere in Thanalan, nothing extraordinary has happened to him or affected him in any way. Except one day he was on his way to Ul'dah for some reason and saw... Papashan! Ladidah and somehow or so he's become inspired to change something in his life, thinking he'd like to be like Papashan, Sultansworn Paladin.

I'm hoping that by throwing myself into the forums and such it'd encourage myself to do things. Perhaps grow out of my social anxieties at the same time. I swear I'm not anti-social I'm just really shy. 

I've already met some friends in-game through my own friend in RP~ I hope to make more Big Grin

RE: Hiya - Knight Kat - 01-23-2014

OMG ITS A LALAFELL GIVE ME ALL YOUR ARPEES!

*Ahem* sorry, sorry. Its just, I hardly see any RP Lalafells around. Anyways... Despite my silliness on this forum, I am quite shy myself. I have gotten over it a great deal, but lately I find that I still struggle with it sometimes. I am rather new to RP as well compared to people who have been doing it for years.

HOWEVER, you would be hard pressed to find a more open and accepting community here, so it is a good place to help you overcome your shyness.

If you see me in game, or even wish to find me in player search. Send me a tell! I, for one, am always looking for RP contacts.

Happy hunting!

RE: Hiya - Kage - 01-23-2014

(01-23-2014, 04:58 AM)Knight Kat Wrote: OMG ITS A LALAFELL GIVE ME ALL YOUR ARPEES!

*Ahem* sorry, sorry. Its just, I hardly see any RP Lalafells around.
^//^ Aww my friend has mentioned that to me. "You should totally RP I don't see lots of RP Lalafells" The funny thing is that the first time I actually forayed into RPing with my friend by arranging a meeting with her at The Quicksand I also noticed 2 Lalafell RPing.

I thought so too! I was lurking a bit, reading some plots and threads. Everyone is so nice. It's a personal flaw. I can't help but feel that when someone says I'm fine or doing ok that it's just to placate me. That and I'm worried that my lack of being able to think on the fly easily will help. I really love substantial planning. I can work with a general plotline or idea of where to go but not having a general thing makes me so very lost..

I've had lots of fun with just random Lalafell emoting and such last night. My friend and I saw some Lalafell in Revenant's Toll while I waited to do Garuda HM for my main's relic. We ended up starting a line of Lalafell sitting on a ledge and also calling a Lalafell general meeting with an agenda of how to maximize the amount of cuddles Lalafell get. Another lalafell joined in on the conversation. 

I don't know if it's my general "wow sometimes the world is so mean" or the bad reputation some other MMORPG players get but I was so surprised by how nice most of the players are in FFXIV. When I first started to play the game at the end of Nov-Early Dec I got killed in Eastern Thanalan and before I returned to my homepoint someone raised me!

I'll try and keep a lookout! I think most of the real substantial RPing I'll be doing will be focused in the Ul'dah area.

I also don't have a way with words. XD I made my friend laugh about a comparison of some characters to Xena/Gabrielle and Joxer (from Xena the warrior princess) and the rest was hilarious. At least in my opinion anyway...

RE: Hiya - Knight Kat - 01-23-2014

Quote:I thought so too! I was lurking a bit, reading some plots and threads. Everyone is so nice. It's a personal flaw. I can't help but feel that when someone says I'm fine or doing ok that it's just to placate me. That and I'm worried that my lack of being able to think on the fly easily will help. I really love substantial planning. I can work with a general plotline or idea of where to go but not having a general thing makes me so very lost..

I've had lots of fun with just random Lalafell emoting and such last night. My friend and I saw some Lalafell in Revenant's Toll while I waited to do Garuda HM for my main's relic. We ended up starting a line of Lalafell sitting on a ledge and also calling a Lalafell general meeting with an agenda of how to maximize the amount of cuddles Lalafell get. Another lalafell joined in on the conversation. 

I prefer planning too, but sometimes random and spontaneous RP is a lot of fun. One thing that has helped me is bringing a friend along to a place where random RP happens. That way, you get the support of having someone who you planned to RP with, and can combine it with the possibility of random people joining in. I also feel braver when I have a friend with me.

The hardest thing to learn is indeed how to think on the fly because it requires practice. Just take your time with it. No good RPers would rush you. If you have a long response you want to type, send a tell to the person before doing so. Say something like "my next post might be long, need a min." You'll get the hang of it.

Quote:I don't know if it's my general "wow sometimes the world is so mean" or the bad reputation some other MMORPG players get but I was so surprised by how nice most of the players are in FFXIV.

Well, when it comes to the RPers in this game, we all play on unofficial RP servers. This means a lot of players are not RPers. With some trolls (that don't understand RPers) running around, we all need to stick together, and are often reminded of the beauty of tolerance.

Quote:I'll try and keep a lookout! I think most of the real substantial RPing I'll be doing will be focused in the Ul'dah area.

Kiht is ICly from the Black Shroud. I RP a lot in Gridania. However, Kiht takes IC expeditions to Ul'dah sometimes. Hopefully, I'll see you on sometime soon.

Happy Hunting!

RE: Hiya - Roen - 01-23-2014

Hi Kage! I think Kage is adorable.  Especially with his awkwardness.  Kage has already met Roen, so feel free to poke me anytime!

*takes a moment to poke Kit who she also has not seen IC in awhile*

Big Grin

RE: Hiya - McBeefâ„¢ - 01-23-2014

Hi Kage! Like others have said just relax and have fun. You'll be surprised by the number of connections you will make just hanging around public places and talking. RPing seems to breed more RPing, and the more you put yourself out there, the more friends you'll make (Both IC and OOC). Of course you might make some enemies along the way... (Not OOC though XD)

If you want to get into more structured RP, there are quite a few linkshells you can join, and I usually always have at least one thing I could rope you in to. 

Also for me as well, feel free to walk up and get involved any time you see me around!

RE: Hiya - Kage - 01-23-2014

Quote:I prefer planning too, but sometimes random and spontaneous RP is a lot of fun. One thing that has helped me is bringing a friend along to a place where random RP happens. That way, you get the support of having someone who you planned to RP with, and can combine it with the possibility of random people joining in. I also feel braver when I have a friend with me.

The hardest thing to learn is indeed how to think on the fly because it requires practice. Just take your time with it. No good RPers would rush you. If you have a long response you want to type, send a tell to the person before doing so. Say something like "my next post might be long, need a min." You'll get the hang of it.
Thanks so much for the welcome!  I've... sorta... << >> stalked observed a friend RPing. Which also turned into fun times as it got turned around on me. Because names do not make observing easy~ So it was also really nice to be around someone who I know and "comfy" with so I'm less anxious over everything. My other problem is just not knowing what to say/do/react when I read what happens. :O

Quote:Kiht is ICly from the Black Shroud. I RP a lot in Gridania. However, Kiht takes IC expeditions to Ul'dah sometimes. Hopefully, I'll see you on sometime soon.

Happy Hunting!
Hopefully! If you're ever in need of a Lalafell or ((even more adorable)) a Lalafell trying to train himself to be a Gladiator>Paladin feel free to PM me here or Player Search in-game and send me a /tell!

(01-23-2014, 12:23 PM)Brynn Wrote: Hi Kage! I think Kage is adorable.  Especially with his awkwardness.  Kage has already met Roen, so feel free to poke me anytime!

*takes a moment to poke Kit who she also has not seen IC in awhile*

Big Grin
/blush
I'm such an awkward person and it shows. I'm happy it was an enjoyable experience! I'm hoping to do plotting things while working on getting my main's relic and closer to end-game things so it's a bit hard to juggle both. So any time you think Roen might have a use / need for Kage let me know~ Or we can try to plot things? Maybe? Up to you. I'm the clueless Lalafell ^^;

(01-23-2014, 12:52 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Hi Kage! Like others have said just relax and have fun. You'll be surprised by the number of connections you will make just hanging around public places and talking. RPing seems to breed more RPing, and the more you put yourself out there, the more friends you'll make (Both IC and OOC). Of course you might make some enemies along the way... (Not OOC though XD)

If you want to get into more structured RP, there are quite a few linkshells you can join, and I usually always have at least one thing I could rope you in to. 

Also for me as well, feel free to walk up and get involved any time you see me around!
How about I just... Follow you? :p Joking. Maybe. Juggling between wanting to do things on my main and then seeing you RPing is hard. |: I just want to throw on my GLA set and run after you.

RE: Hiya - Steel Wolf - 01-24-2014

Welcome to the RPC!  :3

Jeez, everyone is on Balmung!!  ; ;  But, I lurves the people I've met on Gilgy, and I hope that we get to interact here on-site regardless. 

I know everyone else has said it, but it does bear repeating (if nothing else than to collect an aggregate opinion confirming the sentiment) that everyone on this site is incredibly helpful and welcoming.  Your own personal anxieties will eventually be quelled, I'm sure of it.  Folks are very engaging and forthcoming, and I know you'll have a great time because Lala are snack-size adorable.

Here's hoping your RP goes well and that we can interact soon!  <3

RE: Hiya - Kage - 01-24-2014

(01-24-2014, 09:20 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Welcome to the RPC!  :3

Jeez, everyone is on Balmung!!  ; ;  But, I lurves the people I've met on Gilgy, and I hope that we get to interact here on-site regardless. 

I know everyone else has said it, but it does bear repeating (if nothing else than to collect an aggregate opinion confirming the sentiment) that everyone on this site is incredibly helpful and welcoming.  Your own personal anxieties will eventually be quelled, I'm sure of it.  Folks are very engaging and forthcoming, and I know you'll have a great time because Lala are snack-size adorable.

Here's hoping your RP goes well and that we can interact soon!  <3
Thank you!

The irony to this is that I had no real inclination that I might even RP or else I really would have picked something slightly better for my name that still incorporates my nickname... All of my friends who were 1.0 players were on Balmung as well as my friends who joined up before I did so it was just a foregone conclusion to join up on Balmung too.

I know that there's bound to be people who don't like Kage ICly. Just hopefully he meets people who like him ICly a little more before he makes any enemies (but how do Lalafells even make enemies anyway? Cold people)

Hope to meet you one day soon <3

RE: Hiya - Celsius - 01-24-2014

Hey there! And welcome to the RPC! If you're ever looking for someone to RP with, gimme a tell - I'd be happy to rp with ya whenever.

Also, if you're looking for a FC to join up with, mine is always looking for people! Our RPS listing is here:http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3189. We'd be happy to have you!

RE: Hiya - Kage - 01-26-2014

(01-24-2014, 03:05 PM)Shizu Wrote: Hey there! And welcome to the RPC! If you're ever looking for someone to RP with, gimme a tell - I'd be happy to rp with ya whenever.

Also, if you're looking for a FC to join up with, mine is always looking for people! Our RPS listing is here:http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3189. We'd be happy to have you!

Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks for the offer. :3 I joined up with my friends' FC but thank you for your offer.

((If you guys see natalie in-game today tell her happy belated birthday /runs))