Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings Fellow RP'ers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings Fellow RP'ers (/showthread.php?tid=6601)

Greetings Fellow RP'ers - PSN-braydend - 03-10-2014

Hello friends. My name is Brayden. I guess I could say I'm a newcomer to Final Fantasy, having played it a fair bit when I was young (Bits a pieces of different games, usually just trials or a friends game). Upon hearing of Final Fantasy XIV's release I had planned to pickup a copy myself, but hadn't gotten around to it until late last night. Now I'm not the type of person to go into a life long story about how bad my life is, but the past week was a pretty nasty one (Kitten got hit by a car, little bickering sessions with my girlfriend, not much sleep, etc...), so finally picking up this game and hearing there was an active RP community on it really pumped me up. Just as luck would have it however, after purchasing FF XIV from the PS store, I had a good 2-2 and a half hour download and install wait, plus the launcher update, and by the point the maintenance was already happening, blah, blah blah. Long story short, great to finally have it up and running (PS3 still has overheating problems though -_-).

Onto the good stuff. I am 17 years of age and have been Role playing in forums and, back in the day, World of Warcraft, for about 7 years now. I was playing around with a friend and we decided to role play a bit while we were questing. Soon I was doing it every day and eventually began searching for role players in all the MMO's I played. Living what you might classify as "lower-class" most of my life, I've never really been able to afford a gaming PC. I had a business grade laptop that could barely run games at the minimum graphics settings. Eventually, the laptop broke, became obsolete compared to most PC's, games began requiring more power to run, and I purchased a console. 

Every so often I found myself missing the role play element in RPG's and just when I figured I might as well cave and save up for a decent PC, FF XIV came out and then the PS4 (ESO, FF XIV, Destiny, etc...). Now I can see real RP elements coming to console's. That's how I came to be here.

As I mentioned before, I am still fairly new to the Final Fantasy series, having only played a bit when I was young and the beta phase on PS4. Normally I let the excitement get the best of me and jump straight into creating a background, regular hangouts, interests, appearance, and so on. Considering my lack of knowledge in terms of lore, I'll be doing it a little slower. I also read through the "RP Handbook" to brush up on the guide of RP'ing itself and if there was any specific things I had to lookout for such as lore when creating your character. So far, so good, as I only have the appearance set (in-game look), but I am still working on putting it into words. Aside from that, I'll be posting an outline below and doing changes wherever needed, as well as adding or removing information. 

If you'd like to set up a meeting or event/scene, contact me in game or get me to contact you. I always enjoy meeting new people (We'll just see have to see how my character feels).

PSN: braydend

Type of Role player: Heavy

Name: Eleazar West 

Appearance: Black hair with white highlights. Eyes resemble hairstyle, black and white coloring. Appearing in his early 20's at most, (Insert name) has a strong and healthy look to him. He doesn't have big bulging biceps, but has a lean, muscular look. Standing roughly 72 inches in height, his size isn't intimidating to most. 

Background: Little is currently known on Eleazar West aside from small pieces of information. He'd came to Ul'dah alone with very little wealth. His preferred weapon was that of a steel long sword. Has a fondness of Dragoon's.

I'll have more added by tonight or tomorrow Smile
I hope to see you online.

RE: Greetings Fellow RP'ers - N'yxa - 03-10-2014

Hello and Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your poor kitty Sad I don't know what I would do if my little diva was victim to an accident! But, I am still happy that you are here and pumped up about getting into some RP! And trust me the Final Fantasy world is a great one to jump into and take a bite out of some fantastic RP! I see you also chose Gilgamesh! So YAY brownie points for you! We have many RP FC's on our server that cover a wide variety of different genres you will have no problem finding one that works best for you and your character! 

If you have any questions or want to get some invites to any of the RPC Linkshells feel free to add me in game! I'm usually on either N'yxa Phen or Neviana Whisperwind!

RE: Greetings Fellow RP'ers - Mippa - 03-10-2014

Oh my gosh, my heart is breaking for your poor kitten!! I am so sorry!

I'm a fellow cat-lover (I have four of my own and volunteer for a no-kill shelter) and also pretty new to the Final Fantasy scene! I play Framboise Zakuro on Gilgamesh, and would love to RP with you when you have the time!

RE: Greetings Fellow RP'ers - PSN-braydend - 03-10-2014

Thank you both for the condolences. I actually just picked up my USB keyboard so I'll be adding both of you tonight Smile I still have some things to touch up on with the character I've chosen to start role playing with however. My main worry is having a background that would conflict with the lore in any way. So far I've been stuck deciding the birthplace, parents/family, and his reason for coming to Ul'dah. Still, until I learn more about the lore (A place within Eorza that may have had a peacefulness to it for some time where Eleazar trained with family, woke up and didn't remember anything, I don't really know yet). Any tips on any of these things would be great Big Grin

Also, about the RPC Linkshells. I just learned about linkshells the other day and have two questions. First, is there a list of all the RPC ones? Second, how are the linkshells used IC. Are they just an OOC thing to set up events/meet ups and chat with others? Or is it actually implimented in role playing someway? (Like I said, don't know much about the lore, aha...)

RE: Greetings Fellow RP'ers - Mippa - 03-11-2014

(03-10-2014, 11:44 PM)PSN-braydend Wrote: Still, until I learn more about the lore (A place within Eorza that may have had a peacefulness to it for some time where Eleazar trained with family, woke up and didn't remember anything, I don't really know yet). Any tips on any of these things would be great Big Grin

Also, about the RPC Linkshells. I just learned about linkshells the other day and have two questions. First, is there a list of all the RPC ones? Second, how are the linkshells used IC. Are they just an OOC thing to set up events/meet ups and chat with others? Or is it actually implimented in role playing someway? (Like I said, don't know much about the lore, aha...)

I am certain we'd be happy to help with any of that! Do you have Skype? You're welcome to add me on there as well (mippachan) since I'm not in-game until I get home from work.

As for the linkshells, it really depends on the LS and the FCs. For example, Driftwood Coast has two linkshells and a Free Company. The main LS chat is for OOC, the Tavern LS is for "in person" RP and is IC only, and the FC chat more or less functions as an IC linkshell for all its members.

With PhoenixRising, my mage linkshell, it's more or less an IC linkshell. If we *do* have to go OOC with a question, we either take it to a /tell or ask in parenthesis ((usually double like this)).

RE: Greetings Fellow RP'ers - N'yxa - 03-12-2014

I hope Mippa got you all situated with the LS's in game! If not please feel free to tap my character on the shoulder through a tell and I will help you get where you need to go. 

As far as guild channels the Wayward Star's LS's work slightly different than Driftwood Coast. We have an OOC channel for members and close friends/outside character, an IC Linkshell that we use as a 'walkie-talkie' type of communication (Like you see between the Scions of the Seventh Dawn in the Stoyline quests), and our FC chat which is ooc just for the Wayward Star members which we use for such  FC only topics as event planning, and general FC chit chat. Etc etc.... My guess is each FC will have their own method to the madness Laugh.

P.S. I'll look for you tonight regardless just to say hello!

RE: Greetings Fellow RP'ers - PSN-braydend - 03-14-2014

(03-11-2014, 09:20 AM)Mippa Wrote:
(03-10-2014, 11:44 PM)PSN-braydend Wrote: Still, until I learn more about the lore (A place within Eorza that may have had a peacefulness to it for some time where Eleazar trained with family, woke up and didn't remember anything, I don't really know yet). Any tips on any of these things would be great Big Grin

I am certain we'd be happy to help with any of that! Do you have Skype? You're welcome to add me on there as well (mippachan) since I'm not in-game until I get home from work.

As for the linkshells, it really depends on the LS and the FCs. For example, Driftwood Coast has two linkshells and a Free Company. The main LS chat is for OOC, the Tavern LS is for "in person" RP and is IC only, and the FC chat more or less functions as an IC linkshell for all its members.

With PhoenixRising, my mage linkshell, it's more or less an IC linkshell. If we *do* have to go OOC with a question, we either take it to a /tell or ask in parenthesis ((usually double like this)).

Ahh, I don't have skype (Laptop is very slow :/) but thanks for the offer! ^_^
In terms of Heavy-RP I swapped over to Balmung, but I'm still active on my Gilgamesh character. 

I've learned a little more about LS's since I started, but so far haven't really 'looked' for good ones I guess. I'll be checking out Drift Coast later on tonight as well Big Grin

By the way, if any of you see me running around in Balmung, feel free to say hi! 
His name's Laurentius Vexen.