Hydaelyn Role-Players
An oldie turned newbie! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: An oldie turned newbie! (/showthread.php?tid=6751)

An oldie turned newbie! - Ylari - 03-25-2014

Hi guys ^^

I'm Lara, looking forward to dipping my toes into the world of ARR roleplaying!
I have a pretty extensive RPing background, but mostly in forum roleplay rather than MMO - most MMOs I've played have had terrible or non-existent RP communities, so I'm really excited about making the jump!

Most MMOs I've played are of the Korean F2P grindfest mould. My main MMO for 6 years was Fiesta Online ^^;; Then I moved over to the X-Legend games, moving from Grand Fantasia to Kitsu Saga to Eden Eternal. I've tried scores of others, but ARR has been the first one in a long time that I've actually wanted to stick with. One thing that makes me stand out I suppose is that I've never played WoW further than level 20. It bored me x(

I've been bouncing character ideas around for a while now and had originally decided on a male Miq'ote (hey, they're cute) but have now changed my mind, and have created a female Hyur Midlander called Ylari Shailcirc. Still building her background and character, but the base is there =D

Other things people need to know about me are that I'm British, in my twenties and have a son who occasionally pulls me away from my computer suddenly x3
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! I'm so excited ^^

RE: An oldie turned newbie! - Koninbeor - 03-25-2014

You're British? Don't worry, no one's perfect. We won't hold it against you. I mean... welcome aboard! We have a good community here and it's always good to get some fresh mea... uh... new blood. In all seriousness, if you're excited to be here then we're excited to have you.

RE: An oldie turned newbie! - Zhavi - 03-25-2014

Hey there! I hear you on the MMO front, I also primarily do forum rp rather than MMO rp, for much the same reasons (jokes on me though, since I won't be able to do much in game just yet -- but if you're ever down for forum rp here and your character is in Limsa. . . Big Grin )

So whatcha got planned for Ylari?

RE: An oldie turned newbie! - Ylari - 03-26-2014

Not entirely sure yet, still working through all her character stuff. Creating/really getting to know characters is my favourite bit of RPing so it might take me a while =P

All I know for definite is that she's a healer by trade and a bit of a wanderer with deep roots in Gridania and the Shroud generally. That said, she's not really an "actiony" sort of person, so while she'd be up for going on adventures she would have to trust the people to look after her!

RE: An oldie turned newbie! - Koninbeor - 03-26-2014

I do a lot of fleshing out for my characters during RP as well. You can't possibly account for everything no matter how in-depth you go with your background. I'll extend an offer to hit me up in game for some RP but I won't be available until April 14. Still waiting on that last PS4 beta and then we'll be able to go live.