Hydaelyn Role-Players
Military oriented? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Military oriented? (/showthread.php?tid=6793)

Military oriented? - Nate Mathis - 03-29-2014

Hey All,

I am in search of a Free Company that is into RP and is set up more or less like a functioning military unit and its members are soldiers and so fourth. Anyone know a FC like this?

RE: Military oriented? - Zhavi - 03-30-2014

Hi there!

I'm rather new myself, so I don't know of any off the top of my head, but I highly recommend checking out the Linkshell Hall if you haven't already. It'll take a bit of slogging, but it should be relatively up to date on rp linkshells and companies, and hopefully you'll be able to find one in the event that no one is able to provide you with an answer to your question!

RE: Military oriented? - Nate Mathis - 03-30-2014

(03-30-2014, 12:01 AM)Zhavi Wrote: Hi there!

I'm rather new myself, so I don't know of any off the top of my head, but I highly recommend checking out the Linkshell Hall if you haven't already.  It'll take a bit of slogging, but it should be relatively up to date on rp linkshells and companies, and hopefully you'll be able to find one in the event that no one is able to provide you with an answer to your question!
Thanks Shavi  Iwill check that out now!

RE: Military oriented? - Erik Mynhier - 03-30-2014

There are two for the Flames that I know of. The Flame Yataghans, an Immortal Flames free company led by full-time members of the 1st Main Brigade ((Ul'dahn Military RP FC/LS)).

And my own Red Wings, a unit of the Flames that publicly serves as a disaster relief unit, while actually an intelligence gathering unit (military intelligence).

I'm not sure about the other two cities.

(03-30-2014, 01:10 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: There are two for the Flames that I know of. The Flame Yataghans, an Immortal Flames free company led by full-time members of the 1st Main Brigade ((Ul'dahn Military RP FC/LS)).

And my own Red Wings, a unit of the Flames that publicly serves as a disaster relief unit, while actually an intelligence gathering unit (military intelligence).

I'm not sure about the other two cities.
Hmm id be interested in both, I enlisted recently with the storm. Would that matter ICly?

RE: Military oriented? - Candor - 03-30-2014

Maelstrom all the way!

Most players completely disregard which Grand Company you're actually affiliated with as long as your RP stays consistent. That is to say, don't play a Flame Sergeant one day and a Viper Lieutenant the next. Aside from that, if you care at all about how armor and attire looks, stick with the Maelstrom. Currently they are the best dressed Grand Company.

You may also want to look into X:I7. It's more of a secret society with militant undertones, and so is the Night Blades. Charlotte Mariani also just started a very small FC for the Ul'dahn Brass Blades, who are more of Ul'dah's official military and police, in comparison to the Immortal Flame.

(03-30-2014, 01:57 PM)Gyr Wrote: Maelstrom all the way!

Most players completely disregard which Grand Company you're actually affiliated with as long as your RP stays consistent. That is to say, don't play a Flame Sergeant one day and a Viper Lieutenant the next. Aside from that, if you care at all about how armor and attire looks, stick with the Maelstrom. Currently they are the best dressed Grand Company.

You may also want to look into X:I7. It's more of a secret society with militant undertones, and so is the Night Blades. Charlotte Mariani also just started a very small FC for the Ul'dahn Brass Blades, who are more of Ul'dah's official military and police, in comparison to the Immortal Flame.
Thanks Gyr, this is great information. Yeah I am pretty consistent. I will try an get ahold of charlotte.

RE: Military oriented? - Erik Mynhier - 03-31-2014

(03-30-2014, 01:57 PM)Gyr Wrote: Charlotte Mariani also just started a very small FC for the Ul'dahn Brass Blades, who are more of Ul'dah's official military and police, in comparison to the Immortal Flame.

True that Gyr. On paper it seems the BB works under the supervision of the Flames in some round about way, but they are more autonomous really and tend to work more for the monetarist, at least unofficially.

As for if your state matters. It may in some, and not in others. The Red Wings have civilian employees so citizenship is less important.