Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Slavers in the Sands. (closed.) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Slavers in the Sands. (closed.) (/showthread.php?tid=6822)

[Balmung] Slavers in the Sands. (closed.) - YuraMira - 04-02-2014

Across the sands, not far from Ul'dah is a group of Slavers. They kidnap unsuspecting individuals and trade them off for Gil.
They are a group of dangerous men and women and have no morals, no one has ever escaped there grasp until now. One lucky young woman managed to free herself, however since then the slavers have hidden their tracks well.

What I am looking for are people willing to become slavers, and slaves. There are also more roles such as slave traders and so fourth, so if anyone out there wants to become part of Ul'dah's slavers then feel free to give me a message.

I am always looking for new people to RP with, whether you want to make a Slave that rises to fame, or a Slaver that has a change of heart and wants to set the slaves free. In the end it is up to you what you want to RP as.

Each role is important as the last, so whether you are a slave or simply a slave merchant your role is important.

Other roles, these roles will require something like an audition as they are part of my characters story, however they will most likely become first in first served.

These roles are important to my character, but not necessarily big. However as I said before make these roles your own.

Important roles.

These roles have no real storyline, so that the players can pretty much use any character to fill these roles.

Alieson Primary: (Role filled) Escaped Slave, currently my role, she is the center of all these events.

Alieson's father: (1 requirment, Midlander!) Alieson has never met or seen her father before, whether he comes back or not is up to the person that wants this role, (Hell, what if it turned out that Alieson's father was the Slaver boss.) in the end however his story is his own and whatever player picks this up.

Slave girl: The girl that made it possible for Alieson to escape the Slavers, like most characters I left her background very open for anyone to fill this role. She play an important part of Alieson's background and reason to keep going.

Slaver Leader: Obviously the leader of the slavers, like the others this role is open to anyone to fill, and that person can RP this character however he wants.

Slavers: Open to anyone, whatever way you want to RP.

Slave merchants: Open to anyone, will be a source of information for Alieson, the person RPing can RP this however they want. (I somewhat feel that this role is rather small so if you would like to become a slaver at one point it is understandable. On the other hand you may be able to join with Alieson.)

Slaves: Open to anyone, slaves are well slaves. They are sold, bought and work. I know this role doesn't sound like the best role for everyone but they kinda need to be here. There are options still as a slave, Alieson is a escaped slave, so other slaves may be able to do the same.

Slave owners and Pedestrians: Open to anyone, basic people, they can buy slaves, become slavers, become slaves, or merchants, and so fourth.

As the story evolves your own roles may become much larger then my own, Alieson's story is only a small part of the overall Slaves and Slavers setting. So finally have fun with it, and lets start something wonderful.

A few notes, harrasment and violence will not be tolerated.
Examples, if you are a slaver and want to make someone a slave you cannot just chose someone at random and say "Hey your my slave now." Things must be done according to rules.

So I will list the rules here.
1. No abusive language (this goes to everyone, we are all here to have fun.)
2. If someone is confused, explain the situation through Linkshell or /tell if you have to.
3. As a slaver you cannot simply force someone to become a slave, instead leaders will be appointed, if the player to become slave really does not want to become a slave, then do not force them. This goes with rule 2. tell them what is happening, and other player tell them that you do not want this to happen if you don't.
4. Despite the differences between Slaves and slavers, and other roles everyone should get along
5. Be understanding of other peoples RP's, as a large LS many people may want to attempt to simply "join in" we want to be a understanding group that allows people in to participate when they want. But remember talk to the person you are RPing with make sure they understand what is going on.

Finally not sure if the rules are clear or not, writing things like this isn't my best suit. But I hope people can at least understand it.

finally good luck and have fun all!

I have created a LS called "Slavers in the Sands" if anyone wants to join. I would like to point out this LS was created for people interested in this RP anyone is welcome, but keep the OOC talk to a minimum, it will be used for planing RP, discussing and so forth.

Also check out my Character Alieson Primary's page and info.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=6820

RE: [Balmung] Slavers in the Sands. - Blue - 04-02-2014

My main characters have a plot very centered on being slaves. Jet'a was captured with his family at the age of 5, deported to a slaver of Ul'dah, and kept slave until 12, when he attempted to escape with his sister and managed to get out only by himself.

Since then he can't forgive himself for not rescuing anyone in his family. He tried hard, but the Calamity seemed to wipe all his hopes to find any of them alive. However, in ARR, he learns that his slaver is still alive, and that he still has, among his slaves, a Miqo'te female that may be his sister. His current goal of life is to find her.

The role of the ex-slaver, as well of the Miqo'te girl slave, are already taken, but nonetheless, Jet'a is sensitive to the topic of slavery, so he may be interested in helping those that had his same past.

RE: [Balmung] Slavers in the Sands. - YuraMira - 04-02-2014

(04-02-2014, 07:00 AM)Blue Wrote: My main characters have a plot very centered on being slaves. Jet'a was captured with his family at the age of 5, deported to a slaver of Ul'dah, and kept slave until 12, when he attempted to escape with his sister and managed to get out only by himself.

Since then he can't forgive himself for not rescuing anyone in his family. He tried hard, but the Calamity seemed to wipe all his hopes to find any of them alive. However, in ARR, he learns that his slaver is still alive, and that he still has, among his slaves, a Miqo'te female that may be his sister. His current goal of life is to find her.

The role of the ex-slaver, as well of the Miqo'te girl slave, are already taken, but nonetheless, Jet'a is sensitive to the topic of slavery, so he may be interested in helping those that had his same past.
any help is good help, at the moment I only have myself. Sad
So like I said any help is good help. What I am lacking at the moment is people willing to join and help out.

At present my character Alieson is in Ul'dah looking into the slavers but having no luck at all. Having someone with the same expirence as her, may give her the energy to press onwards.

RE: [Balmung] Slavers in the Sands. - Blue - 04-02-2014

(04-02-2014, 07:48 AM)YuraMira Wrote:
(04-02-2014, 07:00 AM)Blue Wrote: My main characters have a plot very centered on being slaves. Jet'a was captured with his family at the age of 5, deported to a slaver of Ul'dah, and kept slave until 12, when he attempted to escape with his sister and managed to get out only by himself.

any help is good help, at the moment I only have myself. Sad
So like I said any help is good help. What I am lacking at the moment is people willing to join and help out.

At present my character Alieson is in Ul'dah looking into the slavers but having no luck at all. Having someone with the same expirence as her, may give her the energy to press onwards.
Jet'a will be at the Ball, so maybe they can meet there if not, we can set up somewhere else (he is currently in Vylbrand because he heard the slavemaster he is hunting down, named Stringer, is currently hiding on a house-ship somewhere in the archipelago). Jet'a will be at the Ball because Stringer is the type to partake to that sort of mundane activities, as a member of Ul'dah's higher class.

EDIT: I have posted here what is Jet'a Vann's background, a long-story-short, if you think it would help you find a common point between him and your character.