Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Looking for rp clothes suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=6832)

Pages: 1 2

Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Kalooeh - 04-03-2014

So since FF doesn't seem to have an item previewer to it and I have no clue where to look for finding out how things look and if there's even a database yet with all the clothes and how they look (doubt it), so would like to know if anyone knows about any girly looking clothes that's available in the game and where to try to get it from. Not very high with Dheina yet, but still would like to know what to aim for.
And I don't mean like clothes that just girls wear. I mean like frilly, lacey, super girly and lot of ribbons kind of stuff or as close to it as I can.
Because eventually she's going to be ending up in the cities because of my friend's characters and if there's clothes like it in game, she's going to end up getting the cutesy girly shit.
Or even if there's stuff along the lines of what Vanille-type of styling to it?

RE: Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Koninbeor - 04-03-2014

Clothing? You mean people wear something other than armor? Huh... who knew?

In all seriousness, though, I have absolutely no idea. I'm sure someone will chime in with something that's actually helpful, though!

RE: Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Evie - 04-03-2014

I honestly can't think of a lot of things that would be lacey, ribbon covered, or over all girly. Yes there are several options you can make work...but the closest thing I can think of would be the new clothing.

reminds me kind of little bo peep or something, but it's lvl 1. Though I believe, unless you have a weaver friend, they're going to like 700K on Balmung markets. So cost might create an issue.

RE: Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Alothia - 04-03-2014

(04-03-2014, 10:34 AM)Koninbeor Wrote: Clothing? You mean people wear something other than armor? Huh... who knew?

In all seriousness, though, I have absolutely no idea. I'm sure someone will chime in with something that's actually helpful, though!
Clothing? You mean people actually wear clothes? ^^

There's only one dress in game, and that came out with this patch, so it might be a bit pricey.
Other suggestions would be the Bliaud and a Skirt. I've always thought that that looked pretty nice together. It's not too fancy, but it's a good RP outfit.
As far as pants, if you can get to level 50, the Mage's pants are nice. I like the way that they look with ta little bit of fabric poking out from the sides. That paired with a robe look really nice.

Um...if I can think of anything else, I'll let you know!

RE: Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Koninbeor - 04-03-2014

(04-03-2014, 12:00 PM)Alothia Wrote:
(04-03-2014, 10:34 AM)Koninbeor Wrote: Clothing? You mean people wear something other than armor? Huh... who knew?

Clothing? You mean people actually wear clothes? ^^

Only on Tuesdays.

RE: Looking for rp clothes suggestions - E'irawen - 04-04-2014

The best thing I can think of are the things Ophelia wears (because I, too, am all about the frilly and the ribbons)

The new dress, Spring Dress, comes in 4 pieces and is still very difficult to have made though. Extremely pricey.

Alternatively, you can get your character to lv38 and get the crafting coatee set which has a nice big neck ribbon and a lace collar. The skirt isn't really frilly or anything, but offers thigh-highs to go with it.

But along these lines, you're not going to find anything very Gothic Lolita-esque.

RE: Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Melkire - 04-04-2014

(04-03-2014, 07:44 AM)Kalooeh Wrote: I have no clue where to look for finding out how things look and if there's even a database yet with all the clothes

What is Google? I'll take Tools that Make Life Easy for 200, Alex.

http://xivmodels.com/

RE: Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Blue - 04-04-2014

I'm not sure if you were around for it, but the Valentione Event skirt and shoes do have some gothic/lolita traits. The only shame is that they cannot be died. Maybe a certain combination of those pieces along with a coatee and dress gloves could give you the look you want.

[Image: 53293462a068d67120aabb1c.jpg]

RE: Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Kalooeh - 04-04-2014

(04-04-2014, 01:09 AM)Melkire Wrote:
(04-03-2014, 07:44 AM)Kalooeh Wrote: I have no clue where to look for finding out how things look and if there's even a database yet with all the clothes

Hey guess what, I goggled it and didn't find anything like this. Or nothing that actually worked. Granted may have used the wrong keyterms, but nothing I came across what helpful because mostly blank pages or forums with people asking about clothing viewers and dating back from 1.0.
New game. They don't even have a item preview in the game yet, so wasn't surprised

But thanks for the unnecessary attitude
and the site that really isn't helpful at all
[Image: tumblr_n3ia8pZh9s1sysx9mo1_1280.png]

RE: Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Kalooeh - 04-04-2014

Thanks. *just* joined a few days ago so missed any event clothes, and same not more girly stuff or maybe just not a whole lot of it, but I'll see about the new clothes and otherwise I guess just work with what I can find

RE: Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Evie - 04-04-2014

The new caster soldiery gear has a tutu, I like the look of it...would never wear it RPly, but you could look into that too. Granted that requires a Caster at 50 and lots of grind, so again even less feasible than the other new spring dress gear.

But yah there's just not a ton. I normally wear the acolyte's skirt from the first three dungeons with one of the crafting pieces that looks like of like a corset, there are many many of them that look similar. But that's not really girly, more practical in a way XD.

RE: Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Koninbeor - 04-04-2014

Who needs dresses when you have revealing swimwear? Big Grin

RE: Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Melkire - 04-04-2014

(04-04-2014, 08:20 AM)Kalooeh Wrote:
(04-04-2014, 01:09 AM)Melkire Wrote:

Hey guess what, I goggled it and didn't find anything like this. Or nothing that actually worked. Granted may have used the wrong keyterms, but nothing I came across what helpful because mostly blank pages or forums with people asking about clothing viewers and dating back from 1.0.
New game. They don't even have a item preview in the game yet, so wasn't surprised

But thanks for the unnecessary attitude
and the site that really isn't helpful at all
[Image: tumblr_n3ia8pZh9s1sysx9mo1_1280.png]

Load models with the dropdowns.
Click-and-drag to rotate.
Shift-click and control-click are for panning and zooming, I forget which is which.
If you have a script-blocker like NoScript, you may have to temporarily allow the entire page.

Apologies if my jesting came across as offensive, that wasnt the manner in which it was intended.

RE: Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Koninbeor - 04-04-2014

(04-04-2014, 11:41 AM)Melkire Wrote: Load models with the dropdowns.
Click-and-drag to rotate.
Shift-click and control-click are for panning and zooming, I forget which is which.
If you have a script-blocker like NoScript, you may have to temporarily allow the entire page.

Apologies if my jesting came across as offensive, that wasnt the manner in which it was intended.

As an employee in the IT industry, I can tell you that this is not at all an uncommon reaction to mentioning Google to someone. Don't worry, not everyone thought you were showing attitude. Thumbsup

RE: Looking for rp clothes suggestions - Mooncalling - 04-05-2014

(04-04-2014, 08:24 AM)Kalooeh Wrote: Thanks. *just* joined a few days ago so missed any event clothes, and same not more girly stuff or maybe just not a whole lot of it, but I'll see about the new clothes and otherwise I guess just work with what I can find

Just to let you know, check the Calamity Scavenger in any capital city and they should have the event clothes available for purchase.  Pretty sure I saw all the Valentione's stuff on there.