Hydaelyn Role-Players
Any endgame parties adapted to different timezones? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Any endgame parties adapted to different timezones? (/showthread.php?tid=6854)

Pages: 1 2

Any endgame parties adapted to different timezones? - Clover - 04-05-2014

(I hope this kind of post is allowed. I apologize if it's not the case).

I'm quite desperate to find a FC or group of people who would let me raid endgame content with them ;_;
My friend K'nahli would love to come as well, if possible. He's a Bard and I'm a White Mage.

Our timezones are GMT+2 and GMT+1.

I can usually play from 5pm my time (or earlier) to 11pm (sometimes later if we're doing any dungeon, and much later during the weekend), which seems to be from 8am to 2pm in PST, and 11am to 4pm in EST. I hope I converted it well.

I'm willing to be a backup and I'm quite active. I also tend to keep my tomes up to date, as I don't like being undergeared in a dungeon.

So far I've done Coil 1, 2, and 3 with one of my Linkshells. Sadly, I lack experience in the rest, which is why I want to find a kind FC willing to take me with them. I don't know how good or bad I am, but at least I always do my best to learn. Basically, I'm dying to farm endgame content until my fingers bleed.

I wonder if there's any hope for us? ;

RE: Any EU friendly endgame parties? - K'nahli - 04-05-2014

I would appreciate the spot but if there is only a slot for a WHM then that's very fine too. Should it come to that then I think I can still go with another group if necessary.

RE: Any EU friendly endgame parties? - Azureus Scipio - 04-05-2014

I'm also European, I was hoping to find EU pve'ers aswell, although i'm nowhere near endgame, i'd love for you both to drop me a Friend Request :3 I'm on balmung and my character is Robyn Fairfax

RE: Any EU friendly endgame parties? - Clover - 04-05-2014

Added you! And best of lucks in your path to 50 ^^
It's a fun one.

RE: Any EU friendly endgame parties? - synaesthetic - 04-05-2014

What's your timezone in relation to server time/PST?

Ah, I'm in GMT+2. I think K'nahli is in GMT+1 (?).
It's almost 9pm here as I type this.

RE: Any EU friendly endgame parties? - Y'hmir - 04-05-2014

I...havent actually DONE any of the Coil Turns yet as I'm not really wanting to do it all with strangers. I could also be hit up sometime. On GMT+2.

(04-05-2014, 04:51 PM)L Wrote: I...havent actually DONE any of the Coil Turns yet as I'm not really wanting to do it all with strangers. I could also be hit up sometime. On GMT+2.
Haha, the fear of strangers is something I share. It'd be different if I knew the dungeon, but when I don't... *shivers*.

Are you in the Europa Linkshell? We all should join it to keep in contact!

RE: Any EU friendly endgame parties? - Y'hmir - 04-05-2014

(04-05-2014, 05:22 PM)Clover Wrote:
(04-05-2014, 04:51 PM)L Wrote: I...havent actually DONE any of the Coil Turns yet as I'm not really wanting to do it all with strangers. I could also be hit up sometime. On GMT+2.
Haha, the fear of strangers is something I share. It'd be different if I knew the dungeon, but when I don't... *shivers*.

Are you in the Europa Linkshell? We all should join it to keep in contact!

Yeah, I joined a few days ago. I think I've seen you around in it too.

RE: Any EU friendly endgame parties? - Clover - 04-06-2014

Aah, no luck. I guess it's my mistake for joining a NA server, but oh well. The RP is worth it.

RE: Any EU friendly endgame parties? - Zhavi - 04-06-2014

It's possible that people might not have a good grip on what "EU friendly" means in this context (heck, I had no grip whatsoever on European timezones until the other community I'm in that's much smaller started doing monthly online hangouts, and I had to work in American, European, and Australian timezones -- a nightmare, do not recommend), and don't want to ask (sometimes asking is hard, for whatever reason). Can you raid early your mornings? Afternoons? Evenings? What exact timezone are you in? A PST early evening (5pm PST) fc might do it for you if you can raid early in the morning (speaking of which, are weekdays okay, or weeknights?).

I used to do most of the recruiting back when I was raiding regularly, and I had a full map out of our raid times and how they translated to others' timezones -- and that was just for American timezones. I would always include it in our main post and whenever I posted on prospective raiders' posts (WoW's recruitment forum is a warzone) -- otherwise people would always ask (and I'm talking like a two hour difference of people not knowing what 6pm Pacific was in Central), or worse, not ask at all and just go for the other guild whose times matched. It would be best if you posted with what times/days are best for you in Pacific or Eastern. . .just trust me that it helps a great deal.

Too, do you want a regular spot? Are you willing to be a backup? Are you just looking for on random occasions? Do you want to have a go at it seriously, or just looking for a fun time to see the content?

Aaand don't be afraid to go to the Balmung server forums. A lot of the time there are small, close-knit groups who raid casually and aren't adverse to throwing other nice people into the mix, especially if they happen to run a member deficit fairly often. If you can find a group with a nice advertisement that makes them sound nice, but still don't want to hop into the mix with a bunch of strangers, don't be afraid to ask to sit in on a raid. We had some prospective raiders do that, and I was always glad to hear it asked; I never cared for hostile raiding environments and was always most interested in those who could integrate with the least amount of fuss. (though there will always be the divas who hide it well for the first few raids and then, suddenly. . .)

I do hope you're able to find a fc/group, though. I know what that itch feels like. ;_;

RE: Any EU friendly endgame parties? - Clover - 04-06-2014

Oh! Thank you very much for the tips! I will edit the first post with my timezone and all the info that might be needed ^^
I didn't realize how vague my post sounded.

I'm used to being a backup, so I don't mind being one. I just need a place I know I can belong to, somehow, or a place I can feel useful in. I also need to run from the drama in my previous LS *sweatdrops*.

Edit: The first post has been edited. I hope I did it right.

RE: Any EU friendly endgame parties? - Zhavi - 04-06-2014

No problem! Sorry if I'm a bit rambly/whatever, got the caffeine going to finish my homework, and now I'm something like a zombie with no ability to self-edit. I'd also recommend maybe changing the title of the thread to be more specific (the tactics I used to use to bring in potential raiders, ahahahaha), maybe something to do with your class or a general timeperiod in pacific or eastern; this will also help encourage people who have previously looked at the thread and moved on to click it again. Then you can slap them with information and hopefully draw in interested parties or recommendations!

gah, edit - also what experience you have, specifically what you've run: what you've downed, what you've wiped on but not downed.

RE: Any endgame parties adapted to different timezones? - Clover - 04-06-2014

Thank you! I edited it further ^^
Sadly, I don't know how to add much info in the title.

Question, when you said the Balmung forum, are you talking about the official FFXIV forums? I haven't visited those, but maybe I should give them a try. In the worst case, I can try to find PUGs, though that makes me very nervous.

RE: Any endgame parties adapted to different timezones? - Zhavi - 04-06-2014

Yup! Here's a link to them - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/812-Balmung%28LEGACY%29