Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello, Hydaelyn Roleplayers! I'm Naachyan! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello, Hydaelyn Roleplayers! I'm Naachyan! (/showthread.php?tid=6893)

Hello, Hydaelyn Roleplayers! I'm Naachyan! - naachyan - 04-09-2014

Hello everyone!!

I am yet another RP newbie who is excited to join <3 This is something that I consider new to me so your guidance is always welcome! I just transferred my character to Balmung from Ragnarok. She is my secondary character and I did not intend on using her for RP when I first created her but the more I played, the more I got attached to her. I hope I can be a good RPer and give my character and others players' characters a good RP experience! Moogle

--MMORPG background:

Played WoW for about a year from 2008-2009. Could not truly fall in love with the game or Azeroth. Used to play Ragnarok Online (which I loved) back in the day with a friend.

--RP experience:

Was a part of a 3-member simple fantasy RP blog for a while with the same friend, then we graduated and got jobs so we couldn't continue with it, that was around 2005-2006. That's the closest thing I could think of that resembles some RP experience.

--Character ideas/info: 
(I know you're not supposed to go into this much detail from the beginning but I just couldn't stop writing :O)

Name: Mylene Wharf
Race: Hyur/Midlander
Age: Turning twenty on the 5th Sun of the 5th Astral Moon (assuming that we are now in 1578)

Mylene grew up as a porter, and for lack of a better word, a 'lackey', for her traveling adventurer father; August Wharf (also known as "That Nutter" to a few of Gridania's merchants). She often recalls memories of chasing after him as he left her behind, laughing at how slow she was, while he excitedly embarked on a new quest to obtain stolen goods or save a lost child. She carried their goods and equipment, did the fishing, the cooking and despite her reluctance towards violence, she fought with her bow alongside her only friend whom she called 'Father'. 

Even with his appearance as a naive, goofy and irresponsible man, August was a very clever adventurer. His wit, combined with his skill with arms, made no quest impossible to him. Yet now that she's older, Mylene has come to realize that it was probably because she was traveling with him, that he never took on a job that would put the both of them in too much danger, and that it was probably one of the reasons his reputation was kept under the radar. 

They were never able to stay at one location for a long enough time to make any acquaintances other than their temporary '"Yorzeans" in Distress!', as August called them. The only familiar faces were the merchants whom they stocked their equipment from. It was running for job after job, traveling between Gridania, Uldah, Limsa Luminsa, and resting anywhere in between when need be. They were a family who were always alone, together. 

It wasn't perfect, but Mylene's life on the road with her father taught her many lessons of courage, loyalty and honesty. It was the best time of her life, and these are the memories that she cherishes the most.

(I'm keeping what happened to her father vague until I iron out the details properly)

For the first time in her life, Mylene is now all alone. She was used to being accompanied and protected by her father and therefore she now feels pressure to live up to him and survive on her own instead of being a follower. Yet, she is no heroine by any stretch of the imagination and will only reach for her bow under extreme circumstances..  She is probably a little awkward when she meets someone new due to the fact that her father was always the ice-breaker (in an often embarrassing way) when they ran into people.. 

I'm sure I will discover many more sides of her personality as she begins her journey of self discovery! 

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I will often use simple, common English when I RP, so I am yet to learn how to use a lot of big, hyper articulate words. One of the main reasons for my choosing to pick up role-playing is to strengthen my writing and creativity as well as expand my vocabulary. This is great motivation for me to keep going.

As for the style of RP that I intend on having; as a beginner, I would like to start light and then ease myself into more events and plots for my character. I am looking forward to becoming more advanced in both RPing and Lore knowledge and moving towards a more medium to heavy RP experience.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Google!

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Ex-Human Resources Professional XD I have different hobbies like fashion, cooking and Anime/Manga. Grew up playing lots of RPG and Adventure games on PS1 and PS2. 

*hugs and kisses to everyone*

RE: Hello, Hydaelyn Roleplayers! I'm Naachyan! - Elisea Renyven - 04-09-2014

Welcome aboard. If you are looking for a fun family Free Company to help you out. Check out Unsung Heroes. Our site is www.unsungheroesguild.com and we also got a linkshell page on the site here about us! Look forward to seeing you in game!

RE: Hello, Hydaelyn Roleplayers! I'm Naachyan! - Zhavi - 04-09-2014

Hey there! Heheh, you should definitely do up a wiki entry for your character, her background is interesting (okay, yeah, I have a big weakness for merchant-type characters). I hear you on the improving, though English is my first language my foray into rp began as a means to keep myself writing, and to be around people whose writing I think is better than my own (osmosis, right?). And while you're in the wiki, don't be afraid to look around at all the other characters and let people know when you find their character to be interesting!

Happy rping to you. Smile

RE: Hello, Hydaelyn Roleplayers! I'm Naachyan! - naachyan - 04-09-2014

(04-09-2014, 04:24 PM)Elisea Renyven Wrote: Welcome aboard. If you are looking for a fun family Free Company to help you out. Check out Unsung Heroes. Our site is www.unsungheroesguild.com and we also got a linkshell page on the site here about us! Look forward to seeing you in game!
 Uwaaah!! Thank you so much! >w< I will contact you in-game for a few questions, if you don't mind <3 This means a lot to me XD

RE: Hello, Hydaelyn Roleplayers! I'm Naachyan! - naachyan - 04-09-2014

(04-09-2014, 05:21 PM)Zhavi Wrote: Hey there!  Heheh, you should definitely do up a wiki entry for your character, her background is interesting (okay, yeah, I have a big weakness for merchant-type characters).  I hear you on the improving, though English is my first language my foray into rp began as a means to keep myself writing, and to be around people whose writing I think is better than my own (osmosis, right?).  And while you're in the wiki, don't be afraid to look around at all the other characters and let people know when you find their character to be interesting!

Happy rping to you.  Smile
Thank you!! XD I really admire your posts on this forum and I'm so happy that you replied to my thread! I'm gonna work hard to become better! Yes, everyone's character wikis are amaaaazing! Surprise So inspiring! My character's background is pretty simple, but it's better that way as to not get too ahead of myself Dazed

RP is really a very good exercise!

RE: Hello, Hydaelyn Roleplayers! I'm Naachyan! - Elisea Renyven - 04-09-2014

(04-09-2014, 10:23 PM)naachyan Wrote:
(04-09-2014, 04:24 PM)Elisea Renyven Wrote: Welcome aboard. If you are looking for a fun family Free Company to help you out. Check out Unsung Heroes. Our site is www.unsungheroesguild.com and we also got a linkshell page on the site here about us! Look forward to seeing you in game!
 Uwaaah!! Thank you so much! >w< I will contact you in-game for a few questions, if you don't mind <3 This means a lot to me XD

Not a problem, feel free to send me a friend request.

RE: Hello, Hydaelyn Roleplayers! I'm Naachyan! - naachyan - 04-11-2014

Bumping this to share an updated bio on my character on the tumblr journal:
{right over here}

To those who read this:
1. If your character has a tumblr journal/screenshot blog, do follow me and I'll follow you back ^^
2. I still haven't seriously RPed with anyone in the game so if you think that you can give me some practice, add me to your friends list XD <3

RE: Hello, Hydaelyn Roleplayers! I'm Naachyan! - Stormsrage00 - 04-11-2014

I'd be more than happy to help get you started! Welcome to the coalition and I hope you join Unsung Heroes (I just joined myself)!

Be sure to look up Theodorik Surefoot Big Grin

RE: Hello, Hydaelyn Roleplayers! I'm Naachyan! - Ragnar - 04-11-2014

I'm on pretty frequently at the moment and I'd be happy to RP with you. I'll keep an eye out for you!

RE: Hello, Hydaelyn Roleplayers! I'm Naachyan! - Roen - 04-11-2014

Welcome to RPC and to Balmung!

I liked your character intro/info and I am now curious on what happened to her father! 

If you need a little practice, I'd be happy to ablige, although really there is no one way of doing things. Everyone has their style!  

Look forward to seeing you in game! Smile

(04-11-2014, 03:13 PM)Stormsrage00 Wrote: I'd be more than happy to help get you started! Welcome to the coalition and I hope you join Unsung Heroes (I just joined myself)!

Be sure to look up Theodorik Surefoot Big Grin
Thank you!!! 

I was approached by two A-MAZING FCs including UH whose leaders were so sweet, but I didn't want to join a FC that does a lot of PVE because I hate dungeons T_T  I have an offline friend (Who's a tank in the game) who literally forced me to go all the way up to getting dark/light gear and Garuda's weapon with my non-RP character on Ragnarok. I'm still recovering from that and I'm lvling up reaaally slowly with my RP character.. So a FC that does a lot of PVE wouldn't enjoy having a member that doesn't participate in dungeons much at all! I wonder if pure-RP FCs exist in the game Undecided

Sure, I'll look you up in the game in a bit when I log on xD

(04-11-2014, 03:36 PM)Ragnar Wrote: I'm on pretty frequently at the moment and I'd be happy to RP with you. I'll keep an eye out for you!
Thank you!! Looking forward to our characters meeting! x3

(04-11-2014, 04:01 PM)Brynn Wrote: Welcome to RPC and to Balmung!

I liked your character intro/info and I am now curious on what happened to her father! 

If you need a little practice, I'd be happy to ablige, although really there is no one way of doing things. Everyone has their style!  

Look forward to seeing you in game! Smile
Thank you very much! Big Grin

I'm happy that you liked my character! BouncyI haven't figured out just yet what happened with her dad. Trying to read more lore so I can fit it somewhere nicely. :3