Hydaelyn Role-Players
Aerostein Epitaph - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Aerostein Epitaph (/showthread.php?tid=7224)

Aerostein Epitaph - Aerostein - 05-22-2014

Hi RPC! Ok so like, I know I'm a bit late in doing this, but I wanted to do it anyway. I haven't been RP'ing for very long, as this is the first game I've ever done any RP in, but I think I got the hang of it. (:

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Aerostein Epitaph (Alt-less.)
  • Primary character: Aerostein Epitaph
  • Linkshells: The Exiled Order
  • Primary RP linkshell: The Exiled Order

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Medium. I like to RP often. Some days, I like to RP much more frequently. The reverse is true enough as well. It just all depends on my mood and time available.
  • Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I'm generally fine with this. To be frank, violence adds to the immersion for me. Although, I personally believe it should be discussed beforehand in most cases. Especially in the case of serious, or otherwise long-term injuries. Otherwise, I should very much hope players that engage in this have realistic expectations of what their characters are capable of. I'm also very much comfortable with dice rolls as well in more serious fights.

• Views on IC romance:
    I think it can be fun if done properly. I also think it should be natural and happen on it's own between two characters. It's the same with people really, some click while others just don't. I also think what happens IC, should stay IC. It's a very dangerous line to cross when IC mixes with OOC. After thinking enough about it to form my own opinion, I think ERP is acceptable in the case of character development, and as long as both participants are willing. That said, I don't think it should be a very frequent thing. Fading to black is also acceptable.
  • Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    For this, proper discussion is always necessary in my opinion in the case of family. Same with romance, it's nice if done right. If it can be fit into a story without changing much of anything, then why not? Other things like friends and enemies are pretty standard I think and shouldn't need much planning, if at all.
  • Views on lore:
    I try to follow the lore as best I can, but I'm only human. If I happen to go outside of the lore, I don't mind a proper scolding! Of course, there seems to be a bit of gray areas that are open to interpretation. I'm fairly lenient on most things as it's all in good fun, but it's hard to take someone seriously when they claim to be Kan-E-Senna's lost sibling, or something of that nature.
  • Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Umm, I'm not exactly sure what this means, but I think /say and linkshells are great for RP. Although, I can understand /party being used if there's a lot going on in chat, such as an event of some sort. I think /tells can be great as well, but I try to be flexible as everyone is different.
III. Other Info
  • Timezone: EST (GMT-5)
  • Contact info: Send a PM or ask in-game if you're that curious.