Hydaelyn Role-Players
Live Letter info - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Live Letter info (/showthread.php?tid=7349)

Pages: 1 2

Live Letter info - Kailia - 06-10-2014

So I watched the live letter. Got some nice screenies. Now I can share what we learned with you all!

First question asked is if they'd ever add a hug emote. Yoshi pretty much said they want a hug and slap emote, they aren't going to worry about the size of the target, only the animations, and they are guaranteed to come in at some point.

Mentioned that 2.3 will bring in a desythesis system for crafters and gatherers, not much about it.

We will eventually be able to visit carteneau as a pvp area apparently

Brutal Mode coil of bahamut. They are bringing in bosses with stats that were nerfed down because they were too hard, and in fact, they aren't even sure they could beat these bosses. But if players do beat them, they get a spiffy new title, no word on what the title is.

Now here's the part you all will love, and these images will do the explaining:

[Image: ZwWzMty.png]
[Image: wzLPTvL.png]
[Image: hBsOsxh.png]

Rogue Class in 2.4. It's job will be the Ninja! Details about these classes:

The rogue will have a variety of poisons that produce different effects. Rogue and ninja's also move by default, faster than all the other classes across the land, and take less falling damage.

The Ninja will incorporate the skills of the rogue, and add in ninjutsu. How this works is, you have to do certain moves in certain orders to light up a ninjutsu from the combo. Depending on what skills you use, you will get to use a completely different ninjutsu.

This makes the job sound a lot like the warden class from lord of the rings online, where you use certain skills in certain order, and you get a combo finisher that either healed, caused threat, or did massive damage, or put a dot/debuff onto an enemy target.

However Ninja's and Rogues will be DPS only. New tanks and healers will come in the expansion later down the road.

Private rooms are coming in 2.3. Personal housing some time between 2.38 and 2.4.

They made the 2.3 poster with shiva, because Ramuh wasn't sexy enough lol. But in seriousness, yoshi added that we will get hints of her in 2.3, and as the story progresses, we will get to face her later down the road.

Solo dungeons will be coming soon! No word when.

Airship labs still planned, in fact yoshi showed off a concept art of it!

[Image: jiUeYzq.png]

There was mention of activities/quests FC's can do, that will be good for both small and large FC's.

Marriage system coming in 2.4, couple get special mounts each.

That was about it.

RE: Live Letter info - Kage - 06-10-2014

Marriage system not binded by race or gender.

I'm pretty excited by almost everything announced.

RE: Live Letter info - Melkire - 06-10-2014

It's... it's not Thief, but... but I want it...
Private rooms and marriage system ain't bad either... -blushes-
-grabby hand motions-

RE: Live Letter info - Kailia - 06-10-2014

(06-10-2014, 05:44 PM)Melkire Wrote: It's... it's not Thief, but... but I want it...

-grabby hand motions-

Actually it kinda is. Yoshi gave some lore background on the rogue. Supposedly they used to be thieves, but they've since changed their ways. And when he thought of thieves he thought of people stealing and burgling, and that sort of stuff. So they opted for a more neutral name.

Oh I forgot to mention, the ninja will also be a stealther too.

Dual Shockers did their own review, and include the video of the rogue and ninja in action:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/10/292393/

(06-10-2014, 05:46 PM)K Wrote: Supposedly they used to be thieves, but they've since changed their ways. And when he thought of thieves he thought of people stealing and burgling, and that sort of stuff. So they opted for a more neutral name.

...political correctness strikes again. Frustrated

There goes that "Steal Gil" flavor. Sad

(06-10-2014, 05:46 PM)K Wrote: Oh I forgot to mention, the ninja will also be a stealther too.

Sounds like XIV's first aggro dump. SOUNDS LIKE XIV'S FIRST AGGRO DUMP.

Nothing on the overworld is threatening or dangerous enough to justify stealth, and it's going to be broken one way or the other as far as PvP is concerned...so I'm hoping for an aggro dump.

EDIT: Watching now.

RE: Live Letter info - Askier - 06-10-2014

Oooooo weddings, going to be so many. Woot! 

As for ninja, was hoping for musketeer but I can wait. Lol. Excited for it all, really.

RE: Live Letter info - Tiergan - 06-10-2014

Pretty pumped for all the incoming content. Rogue/Ninja looks awesome.

Also, I know a LOT of people who were extremely happy to hear SE did the right thing with the marriage system. I wasn't expecting them to go that route, and I was pretty damn impressed.

RE: Live Letter info - TheLastCandle - 06-10-2014

That ninja looks like he'd slit his mama's throat for a nickel! (I'm so excited for my Keeper, finally a legit dagger class!)

RE: Live Letter info - Lady Rivienne - 06-10-2014

I hear wedding bells already..~

Having flashbacks about my FFXI days.

Also, quite excited about the new DPS classes, looks like it is going to be a lot of fun, especially for an alt of mine~

RE: Live Letter info - Naunet - 06-10-2014

I'm just happy I can leave the game with a positive taste in my mouth. Was very happy to hear of the decision regarding in-game marriages. One more victory.

RE: Live Letter info - C'kayah Polaali - 06-10-2014

(06-10-2014, 05:55 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 05:46 PM)K Wrote: Supposedly they used to be thieves, but they've since changed their ways. And when he thought of thieves he thought of people stealing and burgling, and that sort of stuff. So they opted for a more neutral name.

Oh, hush, man! C'kayah steals crap all the time, despite being a conjurer!

This'll bring the first new class I'll be excited to get to 50 Big Grin

Poison use! *swoons*

(06-10-2014, 07:10 PM)C Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 05:55 PM)Melkire Wrote:

Oh, hush, man! C'kayah steals crap all the time, despite being a conjurer!

This'll bring the first new class I'll be excited to get to 50 Big Grin

Poison use! *swoons*

Oh, I meant on the PvE side of life.

Don't get me wrong, I'M SUPER EXCITED. Laugh

RE: Live Letter info - Zac Evans - 06-10-2014

(06-10-2014, 05:44 PM)Melkire Wrote: It's... it's not Thief, but... but I want it...
-grabby hand motions-
O-Osric-Senpai....

RE: Live Letter info - Kanaria Melkire - 06-10-2014

(06-10-2014, 07:19 PM)Zac Evans Wrote:
-grabby hand motions-
O-Osric-Senpai....
-Snickers- Kanaria would make a better thief! Evil

RE: Live Letter info - Blue - 06-10-2014

I hope the Japanese Live Letter will have some news on the gun job...