Hydaelyn Role-Players
Cutscenes - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Cutscenes (/showthread.php?tid=801)

Re: Cutscenes - DAISHI - 10-05-2010

Updated your Direct X files? Can you run the benchmark?

Re: Cutscenes - DAISHI - 10-05-2010

The official Square Enix benchmark for FFXIV. If it runs on your comp you should be able to run FFXIV. If not, then you may have to upgrade some things. It's free and an easy download so just one more thing you could check.

Re: Cutscenes - Volkai - 10-05-2010

Acedia Wrote:I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I just played my character for the first time, and none of the starting scenes have come up for me. I get some faint background noise and just a blank black screen.

Anyone has an explanation for this or can I just chalk it up to massive server congestion and lag?
Check your FFXI Config settings - particularly Graphics.

Also, the game can take a while to log you in.

Re: Cutscenes - Freyar - 10-05-2010

Acedia Wrote:I downloaded the benchmark and it worked just fine. There was no problems there.

I look into the graphics settings and troubleshoot a few more things. Thanks for the suggestions.

Does this mean that you haven't been able to play? Do you see a loading indicator at the bottom right?

I hate to suggest this, but have you considered reinstalling the client? Were you part of the beta? Did you delete the beta folder in My Games?

Re: Cutscenes - Kejira - 10-05-2010

I looked around some forums and it seems it often have something to do with the Anti-Aliasing settings on graphic cards.

Especially ATI Radeon cards have problems with this it seems.

If you have an Ati well guess i could work for others as well

In go to your graphic card control panel or what it's called, make sure you turn the Anti-Aliasing settings to 'Use application settings'
To adjust the amount of AA (2x, 4x, 8x, etc.), use the FFXIV Config. I have mine set to 4x and it's fine

Well was the best way i could explain it hope it wasn't far too confusing, if it was I'm sorry

Re: Cutscenes - foxfirestorm - 10-05-2010

Freyar Wrote:I hate to suggest this, but have you considered reinstalling the client? Were you part of the beta? Did you delete the beta folder in My Games?

Deleting the folder in my games doesn't effect anything (as I still have it) its more the proper question of, did she go to the add/remove program file and remove FF14. Wink
Since if you do that, it removes all unwanted material, including anything in the My games folder that cause issues.
Since the My game folder just holds screenshots, some download info(which gets removed) and the info for your character creation data.

The real game is over in Program Files.

Re: Cutscenes - Asyria - 10-05-2010

I keep reading about games having trouble with ATI Radeon cards.. but the only time I had problem with mines were when the graphic drivers were not updated.
And a black screen with sounds is what happened.

Update drivers!
See if that helps.

Note: I also have this problem when something has a different resolution than my TV/monitor can handle, but cutscenes should run in the same Res as the rest of the game, otherwise I'd have this issue all the time.

foxfirestorm Wrote:
Freyar Wrote:I hate to suggest this, but have you considered reinstalling the client? Were you part of the beta? Did you delete the beta folder in My Games?

Deleting the folder in my games doesn't effect anything (as I still have it) its more the proper question of, did she go to the add/remove program file and remove FF14. Wink
Since if you do that, it removes all unwanted material, including anything in the My games folder that cause issues.
Since the My game folder just holds screenshots, some download info(which gets removed) and the info for your character creation data.

The real game is over in Program Files.

My Games holds a few config files that may be conflicting.

Re: Cutscenes - Asyria - 10-05-2010

Acedia Wrote:My graphics card is an ATI, but it has an odd name. RS880, when it shows that FFXIV won't play at all. Downloaded the Catalyst Control Center and it converted the RS880 to the ATI Radeon HD 4200.FFXIV will work if the driver says that, but I don't see any Anti-Alias options in the Catalyst Center. I changed my Graphics setting to 4x but that didn't do anything either.

I can see the benchmark (finally saw the beginning scene from that) and it runs fine, by for some reason the client itself won't play the cutscenes. Guess I'll look into get a new graphics card, don't see much else to do.

I appreciate all the feedback though. :3 I troubleshoot a bit more form all the information you've given and see what to do from there. And look up some a new graphics card, any suggestions? (Which won't kill my bank preferably xD)

Have you fixed the anti-alias in the game confug too?

As a side-note, those tiny fonts are heard to read. :O