Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Seeking slavery themed connections - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Seeking slavery themed connections (/showthread.php?tid=8046)

Pages: 1 2

Seeking slavery themed connections - DreamedReality - 08-21-2014

We (those of us in the Phoenix Rose FC) are looking for connections. We're a very small sanctuary themed FC in Uldah* that focuses on helping and providing for freed slaves. Under the surface we're looking at getting some plots in the works that will give us some anti-slavery vigilante themes.

We're wanting to branch out with others in the community so we're looking for other FCs, groups, or even individuals that might like to explore these themes with us. Anything from someone looking to 'sponsor' the sanctuary and help keep it running, to mentors, to The Law taking offense at those taking the law into their own hands, to active slavers. We're open to ideas!

If you'd rather send a private message than respond here, you can note myself, Vaughn, or Kyatai here in the forums. Thank you for reading!

*No house yet but we're trying to work on that.

RE: Seeking slavery themed connections - Coatleque - 08-21-2014

Coatleque cannot personally condone vigilantes due to her position within the city. But if you read her wiki back-story, she does have a personal vendetta against slavers. I'm sure if she somehow caught wind of your group she may offer some measure of help.

RE: Seeking slavery themed connections - Val - 08-21-2014

Cyrus would definitely assist if you ever manage to find slavers willing to have people interfere. Val, as much as he tends to keep to himself, would also lend some assistance. Slavery is one of the few things that grinds his gears enough to allow him to come to an understanding with others.

RE: Seeking slavery themed connections - Chika Ito - 08-21-2014

Chika would certainly help in any way that she can Smile When she worked in the brothel she was treated much like a slave is, but she got free of the life. If she finds out she'll probably offer to help. I also have my alt, T'rahz Vashka, who is a therapist and is going the route of a healer. So she could possibly help tend to wounds both the physical, and mental along with emotional.

RE: Seeking slavery themed connections - FreelanceWizard - 08-21-2014

L'yhta could help train promising ex-slaves in the ways of magic, arm the vigilantes with magical force, or just go help release slaves and kill slavers (she's not much into "second chances" for their ilk, and she's not so good at ascertaining the long-term consequences of her actions).

I do have a villainous alt who doesn't enslave people so much as he buys slaves to "free" them and brainwashes them into his cult instead. If you're interested in that plot, we should probably exchange some PMs. Smile

RE: Seeking slavery themed connections - Antain - 08-21-2014

(08-21-2014, 11:02 AM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: I do have a villainous alt who doesn't enslave people so much as he buys slaves to "free" them and brainwashes them into his cult instead. If you're interested in that plot, we should probably exchange some PMs. Smile

Oh, do I have an alt for this XD It will be heartbreaking for those who know him, but so easy for you...

RE: Seeking slavery themed connections - Faye - 08-21-2014

Faye, and probably Harbingers of Dawn as a whole, would be happy to assist in the freeing/protection of slaves. \o/

RE: Seeking slavery themed connections - Stagnetti - 08-21-2014

I could easily incorporate a bit of slavery into R'tashana's past. It would actually fit in pretty well with the rest of her life, and could fill in a bit of the blank space that's present.
She's a tough nut to crack though. So perhaps bring in Chika Ito or another therapist minded individual could drag a few of the skeletons out of the closet.

RE: Seeking slavery themed connections - Lamiaris - 08-21-2014

Poor Lamiaris xD She's mostly confined to the house (ICly) due to her master's wishes (and also to care for her two newborns). A form of stockholm syndrome has set in her. Blush

RE: Seeking slavery themed connections - Yune - 08-21-2014

Yune has themes of slavery in her backstory, but it has yet to come back to haunt her yet and she is, for the time being, blissfully ignorant of it ever happening. But if a point in time comes that such things come out in her personal storyline, I'll be sure to keep this in mind and keep in touch~

RE: Seeking slavery themed connections - TheBlob - 08-21-2014

PATH would most certainly aide in the protection and freeing of slaves! A ship load of refugees to Limsa? From Limsa? Thumbsup 

And while Teryn was freed... I'd be happy to work her more in to the rehab you're doing for others!

Heart

RE: Seeking slavery themed connections - W'seckhi Asah - 08-21-2014

Fio might get involved if they're being shipped to Garlemald. I don't know if they have slaves, but I'm assuming they do.

RE: Seeking slavery themed connections - Chlodomer - 08-21-2014

Bartolomeo's noble family business consisted in slavery that was legal his realm. Even though his kinsmen have been wiped out, such portions of his history may very well implicate him being slightly known in the market.

RE: Seeking slavery themed connections - Tiergan - 08-21-2014

Tiergan is an escaped slave, so I am all over this. Will poke you folks at the soonest opportunity.

RE: Seeking slavery themed connections - Antain - 08-21-2014

(08-21-2014, 08:47 PM)ShayRei Wrote: PATH would most certainly aide in the protection and freeing of slaves! A ship load of refugees to Limsa? From Limsa? Thumbsup 

And while Teryn was freed... I'd be happy to work her more in to the rehab you're doing for others!

Heart

We're already working with you on some level regarding this. It's quite exciting!

(08-21-2014, 09:00 PM)Cassius Wrote: Bartolomeo's noble family business consisted in slavery that was legal his realm. Even though his kinsmen have been wiped out, such portions of his history may very well implicate him being slightly known in the market.

Noble houses! Yes! If we're going that far back (only a few moons if I remember my timelines correctly), he might know a few outdated things. Send a PM to either Jaques or myself if you don't mind getting a little weird.

(08-21-2014, 09:12 PM)Tiergan Wrote: Tiergan is an escaped slave, so I am all over this. Will poke you folks at the soonest opportunity.

I've been trying to RP with you for quite a while but could never think of something big enough. We'll be glad to have you! Now to figure out details... *plotting hands of evil*