Hydaelyn Role-Players
Can you only make one wiki page? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Can you only make one wiki page? (/showthread.php?tid=8090)

Can you only make one wiki page? - WanderingWordsmith - 08-27-2014

I've been trying to create a page for my second character, but there's no create page link where there used to be. Is this intentional, or is there a bug in the wiki?

RE: Can you only make one wiki page? - Kage - 08-27-2014

Can you not do the "search for character name" and then try to create a page through that? Where you search for a name and since there is no entry it asks you to create a page?

RE: Can you only make one wiki page? - WanderingWordsmith - 08-27-2014

Ah, yes I can! Thanks. Big Grin

RE: Can you only make one wiki page? - FreelanceWizard - 08-27-2014

The "create page" thing wasn't compatible with 1.23, so I disabled it. ExKage's got the right idea, though: search on your character name, click the red link, and go from there. Smile

RE: Can you only make one wiki page? - Melkire - 08-27-2014

(08-27-2014, 03:50 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: The "create page" thing wasn't compatible with 1.23, so I disabled it. ExKage's got the right idea, though: search on your character name, click the red link, and go from there. Smile

So um... what do you do if you've inadvertently and inexplicably linked your user page to a character page...?

>_>

<_<

RE: Can you only make one wiki page? - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-27-2014

(08-27-2014, 04:02 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(08-27-2014, 03:50 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: The "create page" thing wasn't compatible with 1.23, so I disabled it. ExKage's got the right idea, though: search on your character name, click the red link, and go from there. Smile

So um... what do you do if you've inadvertently and inexplicably linked your user page to a character page...?

>_>

<_<

Like a redirect? You can go back to the userpage with the redirect disabled by clicking on its link from redirect message at the very top (in tiny text)

RE: Can you only make one wiki page? - FreelanceWizard - 08-27-2014

Yep. It's the link that says "Redirected from (page)". Once you're back on your user page, edit it and delete the "#REDIRECT [[page]]" line to eliminate the redirect.

If you've really mangled things up with redirects, if I don't spot it and clean it up while doing RC patrol, you can just drop me a PM and I'll fix it for you. Smile

RE: Can you only make one wiki page? - Melkire - 08-28-2014

(08-27-2014, 04:21 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(08-27-2014, 04:02 PM)Melkire Wrote:

>_>

<_<

Like a redirect? You can go back to the userpage with the redirect disabled by clicking on its link from redirect message at the very top (in tiny text)

(08-27-2014, 05:10 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Yep. It's the link that says "Redirected from (page)". Once you're back on your user page, edit it and delete the "#REDIRECT [[page]]" line to eliminate the redirect.

If you've really mangled things up with redirects, if I don't spot it and clean it up while doing RC patrol, you can just drop me a PM and I'll fix it for you. Smile

Thank you both. /grovel