Hydaelyn Role-Players
FFXIV RP Drinks - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: FFXIV RP Drinks (/showthread.php?tid=8271)

FFXIV RP Drinks - Ramen - 09-13-2014

I was having a conversation with some friends about mixed drinks in RP. Giving modern mix drinks a FF spin on their names and such and I was wondering what drinks people could come up with for the setting or already have. I know Iksian orders Coffee/Whiskey and if he orders cream in it he calls it a Shifty Moogle.

RE: FFXIV RP Drinks - E'irawen - 09-13-2014

Well, my lady character has a tea-tavern that offers a lot of mixed and some questionable varieties of drinks. I made a menu for it, but I'm afraid they're not quite as creative as yours.

http://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Ballad%27s_Rest_Inn_%26_Teahouse_Menu

RE: FFXIV RP Drinks - Parvacake - 09-13-2014

I just have names I've heard. Don't know what the drinks are.

Titan's Spit
Ifrit's Breath
Slutty Sultana
Fuzzy-Wuzzy (It was white and smelled like coconuts, they said!)
King Moogle's Finest (I'm assuming ale?)

RE: FFXIV RP Drinks - Maril - 09-13-2014

We have these on our menu in The Bottom: 

Obsidian Dagger
Pink Colibri
Hellfire
Cherry Bomb
The Dragon's Breath
Odin's Mantle
Aetheric Boon 

Otherwise I would suggest something like Bloody Moggle Mog (Bloody Mary), Crabs on the Beach (Sex on the beach.. Cause there's crabs on costa's beach... Ehehe..), La Noscean Iced Tea, White Ishgardian (White Russian), Pina Costa, Coerthas Coffee...

Whenever I do RP where I mix up drinks, I generally look to google for inspiration. Unless something seems very impossible, I generally assume that the standard alcohol type/liquour can be made in Eorzea, however I would also not expect it to be of the same quality as our.. So as an example, vodka in eorzea might taste paticularily more of potatoes (or popotos, as it were)
And when I emote for it I try to take in the eorzean names of the various things if there is one for it.
That's just my take on it ^^

RE: FFXIV RP Drinks - Yangh - 09-13-2014

Two I always use!

Druken Moogle
Carbuncle's Ruby

Big Grin

RE: FFXIV RP Drinks - Sounsyy - 09-13-2014

So I recently experienced a cocktail called "An Orderly Riot" and it was beyond words. (vodka, dry vermouth, lime, and mango) I'm thinking Sounsyy is going to order an "Ala Mhigan Riot" next time she's in the Quicksand... and hope she doesn't get dragged away to the gaols.

RE: FFXIV RP Drinks - FreelanceWizard - 09-13-2014

L'yhta's not really into mixed drinks, so I follow what I call the "Star Wars approach" and take the name of a drink and add a locale to it. I know it's lazy, but... there you go. Smile I try to match the locale to what I know about the area, so I've done La Noscean reds and whites (from Wineport), Lominsan whisky, Ul'dahn bourbon, Gridanian schnapps, etc.

I've also sometimes created fantastical drinks on the presumption that a fantastic world allows for some pretty weird things. One L'yhta is particularly fond of from Ul'dah is "Stonesilt," a hard liquor that's aged in stone casks containing mine dust, and so she claims, "tastes golden and just this side of highly toxic."

RE: FFXIV RP Drinks - CrookedTarot - 09-13-2014

(09-13-2014, 08:42 AM)Sastra Wrote: Cherry Bomb

Tarot orders these every time he goes someplace else and is always annoyed when he has to explain how to make it! It's one of his new favorite drinks! 8D

RE: FFXIV RP Drinks - Pumpkinweed - 09-13-2014

Piquant Pumpkin Drink Menu

And of course: Pumpkinweed Ale!

RE: FFXIV RP Drinks - Tiergan - 09-13-2014

Vallon Jennessy literally invented an IC drinking game complete with FFXIV drinks. I should get him to post up the drinks list.

RE: FFXIV RP Drinks - CrookedTarot - 09-13-2014

In Limsa especially, Tarot orders a 'Black Flag' which is nothing but a black coffee and strong rum with a hint of citrus (to fend off scurvy, you see).

RE: FFXIV RP Drinks - Nyorai - 09-13-2014

Kyler made Eno had her first shot-style drink the other day that she dubbed the "Mind-Reader". Though she wasn't exactly sure what it was, rum and something maybe? At one point it was on fire. 

She was convinced for a short time after it gave people the ability to read minds, she may have convinced a few others it could as well. *cough* Faolan.. 

Dazed

RE: FFXIV RP Drinks - Tiergan - 09-13-2014

Vallon's drink list for his "Pass the Drink" game.

There are a bunch of dice-rolls associated with each drink, but none of them really make sense without knowing the rest of the game, which is in another document.