Hydaelyn Role-Players
Eternal Bond: Using it? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Eternal Bond: Using it? (/showthread.php?tid=8579)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Eternal Bond: Using it? - Kage - 10-09-2014

So as far as I know 2.4 brings the eternal bond *cough*marriage*cough* system.

This does not have to pertain to IC relationships but if it does, still good.

Is anyone planning on using it? Purely IC so yes or no? Maybe? Purely for OOC reasons?

I'd totally use it oocly if I had someone to do it with me. I want the chocobo and the suits they showed awhile back. I could use it ICly but Kage isn't in relationships and I prefer that to happen organically and not because I want the game things.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Nebbs - 10-09-2014

I am hoping yes to IC use Smile

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Dogberry - 10-09-2014

I kind of doubt this will ever happen for Dogberry ICly. I mean, I'm not saying never, but the guy's got some hang ups about long term relationships.

If I do this OOC, it will mean my wife has started playing FFXIV.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - OttoVann - 10-09-2014

Not for a bit. Especially not OOC. Way too many guys are going to just scramble to marry something OOC so they can look 'suav' in the new outfit much like the chinese kimonos. Once that fad wears off and people return to somewhat normal clothes I MAY do it OOC but Id prefer it to be IC.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Kage - 10-09-2014

(10-09-2014, 03:06 PM)Nebbs Wrote: I am hoping yes to IC use Smile
*twiddles feet and thumbs excitedly* I HOPE SO.

@Dogberry: Not an unreasonable choice! I'm vain and I want the items associated with the bond~

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Seriphyn - 10-09-2014

Depends how unnecessarily contrived they make the whole out-of-game signup thing.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Melkire - 10-09-2014

*whistles innocently*

Yes. ICly. Expect invitations.

Also what Seriphyn said.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Hyakki - 10-09-2014

I don't have anyone IC or OOC to bond with. I'm pretty sure friends that are doing it OOC already have arrangements.

Forever alone.

(10-09-2014, 03:12 PM)Mamushi Wrote: I don't have anyone IC or OOC to bond with. I'm pretty sure friends that are doing it OOC already have arrangements.

Forever alone.
Raises forever alone first with you.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Warren Castille - 10-09-2014

I'll rain on everyone's parade (what else is new?) when I say that the Bond system was being pushed back to 2.45.

Sorry guys.

Quote:We're waiting for and looking forward to the implementation of the marriage system, will this happen in patch 2.4?

The system we are making is a big one. We've decided on the name "Eternal Bond" for the system. It's in development right now, but we've had some challenges developing the system to reserve a wedding date, so we've decided to implement it in patch 2.45. By pushing it to 2.45, we're also going to be able to make it a highly customizable system. We should have some opportunities to show more soon, like the dress.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - QueenFrejyalen - 10-09-2014

I will likely use it with my fiance, for our characters Queen and Rahdias are engaged (just like we are).

I know, queue the eye-rolling and "ugh"s.  I know, we're derp like that.

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Eva - 10-09-2014

Ionno. If the right person comes along...

Her relationship with her current beau is progressing slowly and steadily, but who knows what things can happen in RP? Dodgy

She is the devoted type, and he seems pretty smitten, so... it's entirely possible someday. Not anything we're rushing towards though. Thumbsup

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Warren Castille - 10-09-2014

(10-09-2014, 03:11 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Depends how unnecessarily contrived they make the whole out-of-game signup thing.

To invoke FFXI for the second time today, I hope it isn't nearly as bad as the system was there.

(10-09-2014, 03:16 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: I'll rain on everyone's parade (what else is new?) when I say that the Bond system was being pushed back to 2.45.
Better than it being 2.5!

RE: Eternal Bond: Using it? - Dogberry - 10-09-2014

(10-09-2014, 03:17 PM)QueenFrejyalen Wrote: I will likely use it with my fiance, for our characters Queen and Rahdias are engaged (just like we are).

I know, queue the eye-rolling and "ugh"s.  I know, we're derp like that.

I'm just like you. Every game my wife and I play together, we RP some heavy romance and get married and live happily ever after. Our characters just underwent the Ceremony of Mara in Elder Scrolls Online. They eloped. She's a stuffy Altmer, he's a scruffy Bosmer. They will make many merbabies forever.

If she starts playing FFXIV, I can only imagine she'll make the kind of Roegadyn girl who will tame Dogberry, and keep him on a very short leash.