Hydaelyn Role-Players
Question Regarding Hyur Lore - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Question Regarding Hyur Lore (/showthread.php?tid=8610)

Question Regarding Hyur Lore - SolaceWinds - 10-11-2014

It states that the Hyur came from neighboring continents. Is it at all possible for some of the Hyur to still thrive in those respective continents? What about the names, were these continents given one?
I plan to RP a character who comes to Eorzea from one of those continents, with his family still over there, but I don't know if it's lore breaking.

RE: Question Regarding Hyur Lore - Aduu Avagnar - 10-11-2014

Garlemald is one example of Hyur thriving on one of the other continents...

RE: Question Regarding Hyur Lore - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-11-2014

So is Doma

RE: Question Regarding Hyur Lore - Sounsyy - 10-11-2014

There are Hyur currently living in Ilsabard (the northern Great Continent), Othard (the eastern Great Continent, aka the "Far East"), and the island of Thavnair (the "Near East"). And it is highly likely that Hyur can also be found in other parts of Hydaelyn as well, those are just the three places where lore explicitly states Hyur exist. Remember Hyur did not migrate to Aldenard until 1000 years ago, so it is likely that Hyur originated from Othard before this great migration.

Hope this helps! ^^ Lemme know if you have more questions!

RE: Question Regarding Hyur Lore - Merri - 10-11-2014

Oh, absolutely. As mentioned, Hyur live in droves on Ilsabard (the center continent) as far as we know (the continent on which Garlemald is primarily located). On top of that, we also know that Hyur live in Othard (the eastern continent), as a majority of Doman (a former nation in Othard) refugees are Hyur. There are other races on these continents that aren't in Eorzea at the moment (that we know of), but Hyur are all over the place.

Sharlayan, an island in the seas northeast of Aldenard, is another example. They have a mix of races up there.

RE: Question Regarding Hyur Lore - Sounsyy - 10-11-2014

(10-11-2014, 05:13 PM)Merri Wrote: Sharlayan, an island in the seas northeast of Aldenard, is another example. They have a mix of races up there.

Oh yeah! Forgot about Island Sharlayan. Definitely Hyur there. Nice catch! ^^

RE: Question Regarding Hyur Lore - SolaceWinds - 10-11-2014

Really Okay that's awesome, thanks you guys!!

RE: Question Regarding Hyur Lore - Seriphyn - 10-12-2014

I would wager Garlean Hyur are a different clan from Eorzean Hyur, neither Midlander nor Highlander (Garlander?).

There is also mention of Hyur 'tribes'. That's likely how they migrated to Eorzea, before the tribes faded away as Midlanders integrated into the cities (or formed Ala Mhigo in Highlanders case)

RE: Question Regarding Hyur Lore - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-12-2014

(10-12-2014, 02:03 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: I would wager Garlean Hyur are a different clan from Eorzean Hyur, neither Midlander nor Highlander (Garlander?).

There is also mention of Hyur 'tribes'. That's likely how they migrated to Eorzea, before the tribes faded away as Midlanders integrated into the cities (or formed Ala Mhigo in Highlanders case)

I think it's more that Eorzeans just distinguish Highlander/Midlander as being different.

And if we're talking "pure" Garleans, they've all got that third eye thing.

RE: Question Regarding Hyur Lore - Chillsmack - 10-14-2014

None of the player races found in Eorzea actually originated there, as I understand it, so any continent that may have been a point of origin for any race still has an abundance of them there (generally).

I don't believe a single point of origin has been defined for any of the player races

Regarding different nations, obviously most have not been defined. I'd be careful about creating one though in the case that an eventual expansion opens up the very same continent your fictional nation is situated in lol