Hydaelyn Role-Players
Different uses for personal rooms! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Different uses for personal rooms! (/showthread.php?tid=9111)

Pages: 1 2

Different uses for personal rooms! - Parvacake - 12-01-2014

I've seen some people convert their personal rooms into things that weren't house like or like a studio apartment. If you went outside the norm, what did you do with yours?

I'm currently converting mine into a airship workshop, and have others in my company who have used theirs for a library and a classroom.

RE: Different uses for personal rooms! - Whittledown - 12-01-2014

The Order's house has a Library with NPC librarian, a conventional infirmary style healing ward with multiple beds, and a specialized infirmary ward dedicated to rehabilitation, burns, and aetheric afflictions.

I think it's incredibly generous of people to make their personal space into something the entire FC could use.

RE: Different uses for personal rooms! - Gegenji - 12-01-2014

I have yet to actually have a room or house for Chachan to decorate... but I definitely would want to appropriate a decent chunk of it into looking like a smithy. After all, he's supposed to have crafted his own equipment and would need a place to do that. Such places are few and far between in Ul'dah from what I can tell.

RE: Different uses for personal rooms! - Enteris - 12-01-2014

At one time, I had Raandal's room as the captain's quarters of the company ship. Even had a pillar in the center of it as the device running down from the wheel to the rutter (name escapes me at the moment >.<).

As our company has moved away from the sailing theme, the ship is gone and I've converted the room back into a personal room for he and his wife.

RE: Different uses for personal rooms! - Nebbs - 12-01-2014

Ilwe'ran created a caravan that we used many times. She also has created many many types of rooms for RP. Honestly, I don't know how she stores all the stuff. And I keep going places that means she had to do rapid room changes.

For RP this was just amazing.

RE: Different uses for personal rooms! - Mercurias - 12-01-2014

M'sato's is basically a personal study/library with a bed crammed into a tiny closet space. 
At some point, I'm considering turning the room into a surgical chamber.

RE: Different uses for personal rooms! - FreelanceWizard - 12-01-2014

In the Tower, we have a dormitory/bath area as well as a really nifty pub (for when your eyes glaze over from reading and you want them to glaze over from drinking Smile ).

RE: Different uses for personal rooms! - Ilwe'ran - 12-01-2014

(12-01-2014, 11:24 AM)Nebbs Wrote: Ilwe'ran created a caravan that we used many times. She also has created many many types of rooms for RP. Honestly, I don't know how she stores all the stuff. And I keep going places that means she had to do rapid room changes.

For RP this was just amazing.

Thanks Nebbs :$

To answer to your interrogation, everything is stocked on I'silmë and her 2 retainers.
I made some screenshots of a part of the places I created in case I would need those again so.. Here we go Wink !
- A caravan
- A laboratory
- An office
- Ilwe's Workshop
- Some jails
- A meeting area
- A mad tea party
- A Rebels Headquarter
- An isolated Refuge
- A Study Room
- And a few others > here <

RE: Different uses for personal rooms! - TheDerpCat - 12-01-2014

If i had a room. it would probably be more of a stockhouse for archeology stuf. would fit my character to he doesn't need a bed. i'll sleep on some stone tablets ;p

RE: Different uses for personal rooms! - Mae - 12-01-2014

Rose of Sharon's FC house will be an IC orphanage when we're finally able to get moving (it's taken some time for us to get on our feet). The upstairs of the house is a reception/clerical area, the downstairs is a playroom and group reading area. So far, we have personal rooms that have been turned into:

-- A bathroom
-- Classroom/working space for girls
-- Classroom/working space for boys
-- Greenhouse
-- Laboratory/infirmary 

Bunk rooms and a kitchen/mess hall are in the works.

RE: Different uses for personal rooms! - Blue - 12-01-2014

(12-01-2014, 03:06 PM)Mae Wrote: Rose of Sharon's FC house will be an IC orphanage when we're finally able to get moving (it's taken some time for us to get on our feet). The upstairs of the house is a reception/clerical area, the downstairs is a playroom and group reading area. So far, we have personal rooms that have been turned into:

-- A bathroom
-- Classroom/working space for girls
-- Classroom/working space for boys
-- Greenhouse
-- Laboratory/infirmary 

Bunk rooms and a kitchen/mess hall are in the works.
Don't forget the broom closet!

RE: Different uses for personal rooms! - Jethas Zykyri - 12-06-2014

For our FC rooms, most are personal, but one of my alts bought a room that's going to be used as a meeting room, as well as the office for my main.  We also had talks about a medical wing for a room, a storage room, a bath house type room, a workshop, among other things. 

This is all still in the works mind you, but most of the personal rooms our FC has are personal rooms.

RE: Different uses for personal rooms! - Miah Polaali - 12-06-2014

So far the personal rooms we do have are just that. Though, I been trying to think of other things we could use a personal room for that go along with our FC theme being a Keeper clan.

RE: Different uses for personal rooms! - Titor - 12-06-2014

Titor's room is a long-term medbay and laboratory. I really like how rooms work in our FC.  We use them more as house extensions than 'personal' rooms and it is neat.

RE: Different uses for personal rooms! - Ilwe'ran - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 09:42 PM)Titor Wrote: Titor's room is a long-term medbay and laboratory. I really like how rooms work in our FC.  We use them more as house extensions than 'personal' rooms and it is neat.

Exactly what we do for a part of ours Smile