Hydaelyn Role-Players
Pen-pal project - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Pen-pal project (/showthread.php?tid=9280)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Pen-pal project - Maril - 12-14-2014

A while ago, someone suggested a pen-pal project where-in they would pair up some people and it seemed to be a really good idea. However due to the OP going inactive it never got anywhere. 

The gist of the idea is that people can sign up and get a pen-pal for their character to correspond with, either anonymously or not. The correspondence goes through PM's here on the RPC as in-game mail is limited on how much you can type.  
And who knows, some day it could lead to actual RP for the characters involved. 

How does matching work? 
So, what I did in round one is that I created a spreadsheet in google docs and got a friend to help me compile information. If characters had a wiki, I would go read info about their personality, and take in other relevant information so as to guide (I am by no means a people expert, mind) the matches and make sure that the people who I am matching did not already know each other. However not all information was used in all matches. 
Whenever I feel there is enough signed up (and preferably an even number) I start to match people up again. If someone listed two characters, I may PM them to ask if they are willing to have 2 correspondences (unless such was already noted)

How does anonymity work? 
Anonymity is tricky, because how exactly do you start something without saying who you are. Well, so far I've heard of a few options.

1. Use Anon Y'mous 
2. Have one of the pen-pals leave a random letter somewhere and start the correspondence that way 
3. Use a NPC Courier to bring the letters back/forth, knowing it's in the search for a pen-pal. Perhaps your character was feeling lonely or unchallenged in the realms of writing. 
4. Be creative! There are otherwise to twist it together. In all cases I recommend agreeing on a way with your destined pen-pal before starting.

Can I still sign up? 
Yes.
Please let me know, when you do, which character you prefer having listed, if they are anonymous or not and whether or not you would like multiple correspondences (I can not guarantee that it'll always be possible)
Please also write down if your character knows anyone who is still pending a match, as I want to avoid starting correspondences between people that already know each other. 

If your penpal has gone inactive and you want a new one, feel free to sign up again.

(Main description last updated on 21/01/2015) 
-------------------------------------
Match #1 

If your name is in bold, it means it's up to you to start the correspondence. 
If an A is listed behind your match, it means the correspondence will be anonymous.
If you already know your match, or experience problems, let me know.  

Steel Wolf <-> Clement Janiver - A
Jaques Guillaume <-> V'aleera Lhuil - A
E'Khei Balduin <-> S'ahmiko Behnen 
Vaughn Antain <-> Bexy Amalaryssia - A 
Jethas Zykyri <-> Emma Reed - A
Rivienne Delacroux <-> Lilithium Altair 
Ereshkigal Atropos <-> Deverell Jinx - A
Howling Wind <-> Melody Adagio - A 
Y'shenn Tia <-> Avis Inkwood 
Sizha'to Chalahko <-> Jariana Rinjahl 
Nimimi Nimi <-> Melodia 
Kellach Woods <-> Ja'ren A'lenthin 
Kinono Kino <-> Lolotaru Lalataru 
Brendt Fowkes <-> Nailah Quill - A
Chachanji Gegenji <-> Rarashid Kokoshid - A 
Nikola Deisatus <-> Tiergan Vashir

---------------------------------------
21/12/14 
Match #2 
If your name is in bold, it means it's up to you to start the correspondence. 
If an A is listed behind your match, it means the correspondence will be anonymous.

Armallant Duval <-> H'ara Nikahd A
Cassandra Lachance <-> Xavarian Mystrife A
Lance Ironheart <-> A'zoreena Treon 
A'toli Pehn <-> K'aworu Demiir A

----------------------------------------
13/01/15 
Match #3 
If your name is in bold, it means it's up to you to start the correspondence. 
If an A is listed behind your match, it means the correspondence will be anonymous.

Y'lani Kahlid <-> Gwannes Oskwell 
V'arimbeh Nitsah <-> Kizari Hizari A
Caen Jabari <-> A'zireena Treon 
Victorique Fierlane <-> Noxaelius Avatine 
Locke Rinnanis <-> Rough Nomad

RE: Pen-pal project - Steel Wolf - 12-14-2014

Dude...I LOVE this idea!! :O

Okay, so..uhm...I would definitely be up for this, as I'm always looking for as much RP as possible in this game and with this lovely community.

Frequency wouldn't matter to me. Anonymity on my end isn't necessary unless it's required or requested.

RE: Pen-pal project - DreamedReality - 12-14-2014

Still interested.

I do have multiple characters to offer if it helps with pairing.

Ojune- not anonymous
Zabine- either
Jaques- anonymous

I am flexible with frequency.

RE: Pen-pal project - EkheiBalduin - 12-14-2014

Yup. Totally would do this.

E'khei Balduin
Non-Anon
Frequency of any kind is not a necessity. I'm in the military, so, my own frequency varies often.

RE: Pen-pal project - Antain - 12-14-2014

Still interested as well.

Vaughn - anonymous
Richtor - either
Remioux - anonymous

RE: Pen-pal project - Lady Rivienne - 12-14-2014

I remember that thread. Still up for doing this. Though Rivienne would be either or, anon or not. Once or twice a week works, considering that I work long hours, kinda hard at times!

RE: Pen-pal project - Bexy - 12-14-2014

All of my yes.

Bexy - Anon.

Versoix - Not anon

Frequency- Whenever!

RE: Pen-pal project - Jethas Zykyri - 12-14-2014

I never saw the first thread, but this actually sounds rather interesting!

I have two Characters that would probably enjoy doing this.

Ryuuza Mchalahan - Doesn't care either way for anon or not.
Jethas Zykyri - again, doesn't matter for anon or not.

Frequency doesn't matter to me at this time.

RE: Pen-pal project - Reshie - 12-14-2014

I would so do this! I'm more consistent with forum RP anyways so this works great for me! I'm game for any amount on two characters: Eresh (main) and Ulani (an alt in progress).

RE: Pen-pal project - Atoli - 12-14-2014

... Yeeees. I'd like to enter into this anonymously with my male Roedygan (pardon my potentially poor spelling) named Howling Wind. Howling Wind would be quite frequent.

Edit: Bloop bloop bloop bloop. Oodles and oodles of wishy-washy-ness!

RE: Pen-pal project - Y'shenn Tia - 12-14-2014

This sounds like a lot of fun! I really love being able to take my time and write meaningful replies, no matter the timezone! Sign me up, with Y'shenn Tia! Frequency doesn't really matter to me, nor does anonymity! Thank you! Big Grin

RE: Pen-pal project - Swashbuckler - 12-14-2014

Also still interested in this! Consider my guys non-anon.

- Sizha'to Chalahko
- H'mahsa Tia
- Oswin Montague

Also, any frequency is great!

RE: Pen-pal project - MikoBehnen - 12-14-2014

*raises hand* Ooo! Ooo! Me!

Miko would do it! And I don't care about anonymity cause she'd end up forgetting and sign her name anyway.

EDIT: I'd also be super into doing something IRL pen-pal wise if people want to write me letters O.O

RE: Pen-pal project - Aris - 12-14-2014

This is a fab idea! I'd like to do it with my alt Nimimi. Anonymous or not doesn't really matter - although I'd like to know more about how the anonymity would work as I think I'm getting a bit confused!

She's quite a busy little Lalafell so once or twice a week would be best. If the other person wasn't able to reply as often I wouldn't mind, as long as they don't mind the speed I reply in either. Tongue

RE: Pen-pal project - Kellach Woods - 12-14-2014

This idea was great, it ended up never happening and considering I signed up for the first thread I may as well sign up for this one.

Let's go with Kell, he needs to know more people.

Anon or no. Weird shit happens in Kell's life enough that having a random moogle pop in with a letter would actually be relatively tame.