Hydaelyn Role-Players
FF15: Men or Dolls? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: FF15: Men or Dolls? (/showthread.php?tid=9361)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

FF15: Men or Dolls? - Artigan - 12-21-2014

FF15 easily has the most emo, pretty boy, "booj" fucking "wa" cast to date.

RE: FF15: Men or Dolls? - Aaron - 12-21-2014

[Image: naruto_vs_final_fantasy_by_sozine2-d3hqhd6.jpg]

My thoughts in 1000 words.

RE: FF15: Men or Dolls? - Parvacake - 12-21-2014

(12-21-2014, 06:45 AM)Aaron Wrote: [Image: naruto_vs_final_fantasy_by_sozine2-d3hqhd6.jpg]

My thoughts in 1000 words.
I fucking laughed. xD

Thank you thank you I'll be here all week. 

Lol

RE: FF15: Men or Dolls? - Oli! - 12-21-2014

The recent art direction of the main series has made me very happy that the Tales series exists.

Mmmmm. Sweet sweet cel-shading. More Tales games, Japan.

RE: FF15: Men or Dolls? - Kellach Woods - 12-21-2014

Amano pls come back.

If we can dress them up I'll certainly do so more cheerily. They will be the bros they were always meant to be.

Just bring back Shadow Hearts in a non-3 version and I'm fine with everything in the world which I will leave to others.

Especially the Tales series. Ew.

RE: FF15: Men or Dolls? - Seriphyn - 12-21-2014

One day, Japan will realize if that if we wanted to play women, we'd play women. I mean, it's not like men are genetically predisposed to look like men, or anything.* That's kind of why the sexual distinction exists.

*please don't kill me, tumblr

RE: FF15: Men or Dolls? - ProvaDiServo - 12-21-2014

Meh, I don't really find it all too bad. I'm never really interested in the main character anyway,

RE: FF15: Men or Dolls? - Berrod Armstrong - 12-21-2014

Heaven forbid someone is comfortable enough with their gender enough to not care. 

Not to mention, they're all pretty masculine looking -- they just don't fit the narrow mold of SQUARE JAW BROAD SHOULDER BIG CHEST (except for that one with the swordy thing). I can clearly tell that they are men. Not that it MATTERS wtf they are.

Anyway, aside from that, any game without a character creator makes me cry a little and then I get used to the characters they give us. I don't think I'll be playing it, but it looks cool.

RE: FF15: Men or Dolls? - Steel Wolf - 12-21-2014

Of the myriad complaints a Final Fantasy game can have, "too pretty male characters" is a confusing one to have...and the insinuations being bandied about in this thread are...worrying, to put it lightly.

All I said was he looks like Sasuke lol

Sasuke was my favorite naruto character. 

The rest of my opinion on Noctis is self explanatory.

RE: FF15: Men or Dolls? - Edgar - 12-21-2014

To those complaining about the prettyboy status of the cast of FFXV allow me to direct you to the artwork of Sephiroth as done by Yoshitaka Amano.
[Image: AmanoSeph.jpg]

Prettyboys have been in FF since its inception. Get used to it, already.

Oh FFanboys, you argue over the silliest things.

(12-21-2014, 02:09 PM)Edgar Wrote: Prettyboys have been in FF since its inception. Get used to it, already.

Oh FFanboys, you argue over the silliest things.

Amano at least makes them colorful. That's what I like.

RE: FF15: Men or Dolls? - Tiergan - 12-21-2014

(12-21-2014, 02:01 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Of the myriad complaints a Final Fantasy game can have, "too pretty male characters" is a confusing one to have...and the insinuations being bandied about in this thread are...worrying, to put it lightly.
This.

To be fair, the designs are not exactly my favorite either, because the cast looks like slightly tweaked versions of either characters ripped off from other franchises (Hello Sauske!), characters from all their previous games, or are just... pretty bland designs in general. There isn't really a single one that sticks out in my head as memorable looking except Noctis and its because, again, I can't stop thinking of him as Sauske: The FFXV version. I may or may not get it depending on what the combat system/story is like.

That said, there is this this extremely messed up implication floating around this thread that 'real men' look a certain way and that we should sneer down our nose at these characters for not looking like 'real men'. In reality, real men can look like a lot of goddamn things. They can be thin and svelte. They can be big and bulkular. They can be fat and stocky. They look like they belong at the army or look like they've spent way more time at the library than the gym. They can also look like goddamn women sometimes, but they're all still dudes.

It's okay to have preferences in the type of characters you want to play in games. As some folks may have guessed, I admittedly prefer to play tough, muscular dudes that look like they spent half their lives in a gym (BUT ONLY IF I CAN HAVE EYEBROWS DAMN YOU SE) - especially in MMOs. The FFXV cast doesn't really fit my normal preferences.

But, talking like these game characters are too 'pretty' or too lady-like to be 'real guys' kinda takes a shit on all the real-life men that don't fit the stereotypical Alpha Male look and I don't know about you, but I know way more dudes that fit the slenderer body-type of the FFXV cast - than I do guys with the stereotypically manly Alpha Male physique. (Though uh, not the faces because it's tough to look like that without 3 pounds of cosplay make up. :V)

Also, having a problem with 'pretty guys' while playing what basically amounts to "pretty-boy-anime-guy-land the MMO" is kind of questionable.

Honestly it still looks like a pretty boy frat.

WHICH IS FUCKING AWESOME IF YOU ASK ME.