Hydaelyn Role-Players
Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra (/showthread.php?tid=9569)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Tiergan - 01-06-2015

I wonder what leveling a level 1 baby Au Ra will be like in terms of the MSQ?

I mean, Yugiri was the very first Au Ra to arrive in our part of Eorzea and she arrives long after the Ultima Weapon was destroyed - I wonder if all the MSQ cutscenes and what not for Au Ra will remain the same as they are for everyone else and thus... kind of be a little weird?

RE: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-06-2015

This....is a really good point.

Because I can't imagine SE is going to make them a "Complete MSQ and drink a fantasia" race. That'd just be silly.

RE: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Aya - 01-06-2015

My bet! It'll just be weird ^_^

RE: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Antain - 01-06-2015

Interesting indeed. It does make one think if it will be a whole separate MSQ in their own land until unlocking airships and continue the familiar content then. At least, that's how they did new races in WoW. Then again, they didn't have the guild system. Which then raises the question, if that's the case, will Ishgard/Doma have the guild set-up with all guilds in one place, or just the new classes? Which would make rolling an Au Ra very limiting...

Damn babbling brain...

RE: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Berrod Armstrong - 01-06-2015

Maybe they get a new MSQ entirely -- or it'll just be one of those 'lol just play through this and pretend only the 50-60 stuff was relevant'. I'm really interested in seeing how they pull it off.

RE: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Cato - 01-06-2015

There's a lot of different ways in which the Au Ra could be implemented. I suspect that the developers may simply allow them to play through the original story and claim that their presence during such content is simply for the sake of game mechanics.

It's also possible that they may simply start out at a higher level or have their own instanced starting experience that builds them up before thrusting them into a point where the story makes sense.

Either way, I favour the idea of just being able to play them anywhere to prevent people missing out on past content just because of their chosen race. That's pretty much how WoW deals with such things, after all. You could make a blood elf during the first expansion and still play through the original content even though in terms of the canon story a lot of the threats had already been dealt with.

So long as people don't start claiming that their Au Ra was actually the one who took down Ultima Weapon I don't think it'll be very confusing at all.

RE: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Dogberry - 01-06-2015

Yeah, I thought about this, too. My theory is that the opening scene will change for them, or maybe for everyone, to move the storyline ahead for people so that chronologically au ra are not showing up in the plot line ahead of their actual arrival.

RE: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Steel Wolf - 01-06-2015

This never really crossed my mind since I'm not really looking to reroll as an Au Ra.

....huh...why DIDN'T this occur to me sooner?

I think that perhaps they'll have their own leveling experience up to 50? Or perhaps, considering all the new jobs start at 1, the entire area that Heavensward takes place is a 1-60 experience?

Just my gil.

RE: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Naunet - 01-06-2015

I'd be really surprised if they did anything more than maybe make a different introduction quest, given past experiences with MMO expansions that introduce new races.

RE: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - TheLastCandle - 01-06-2015

Handwave it as the Au Ra experiencing the whole thing as an Echo dream if you must, but I don't see them changing the 1-50 MSQ in any significant way.

RE: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Telluride - 01-06-2015

I'd love the option for some different storyline experiences with the new setting and classes.

I guess I was spoiled by SWTOR in that it grates me that one has no choice in FFXIV except to play an always-agreeable, goody-goody paragon of politeness, in the story mode. Even Nathan, as pleasant as he is, would have backhanded a couple of the people encountered in the story. Some of my other alts would prefer a few more conversational options, at least the illusion that they don't have to act like simps in the face of stupid NPCs.

I cannot imagine playing a Dark Knight and being so relentlessly cheery among NPCs who have two modes of operation - Clueless optimism or the Batman-like ability to have exactly the level of genius to needed to fix the problem at hand with this or that theory.

Let us get at least as miffed as even Alphanaud does with the Ishgardians, for example...

[Dark Mode On]

Will pay an extra $5 for an expansion that lets me have at least the CHOICE to render Trachtoum into a bruised and bloody mess.. or at least have him show up later having had someone put him in his place.

[/Dark Mode Off]

RE: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Stormwind - 01-06-2015

If they make any real changes outside of the first 10-15 levels, I will be surprised. All of often the old content remains unchanged in MMO's when expansions come out.

RE: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Ashren Dotharl - 01-06-2015

I think the most we can hope for honestly would just be a revision to the opening cutscene. Perhaps instead of a random carriage/boat ride into town there will be something more specific to how your Au Ra arrived in Eorzea, similar to how legacy characters got the crazy teleportation cutscene from the past.

RE: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Melkire - 01-06-2015

(01-06-2015, 02:12 PM)Telluride Wrote: [Dark Mode On]

Will pay an extra $5 for an expansion that lets me have at least the CHOICE to render Trachtoum into a bruised and bloody mess.. or at least have him show up later having had someone put him in his place.

[/Dark Mode Off]

*glares*

Hands off my husbando.

RE: Something Just Occured To Me About Au Ra - Steel Wolf - 01-06-2015

Personally I'm just hoping for a regular leveling experience instead of having to grind out Leves and FATEs to level up my DRK.

Dare to dream, Wolfy....dare to dream...