Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) (/showthread.php?tid=513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Mycroft - 09-02-2010

Castiel Wrote:According to reports, Lindblum is the largest populated server of them all, followed by Mysidia and Figaro. People who haven't voted yet are urged to vote for something else, though I'm unsure if it matters at this point >.>;

Psst.. Go Gysahl!

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Ozak Kuzak - 09-02-2010

Castiel Wrote:According to reports, Lindblum is the largest populated server of them all, followed by Mysidia and Figaro. People who haven't voted yet are urged to vote for something else, though I'm unsure if it matters at this point >.>;

Maybe we should pick our 2nd pick as the server to go to?

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - foxfirestorm - 09-02-2010

It wouldn't surprise me if they are having server issues, as that was one of the major problems in Closed Beta. There servers seem to have trouble with the amount of draw they are getting. This makes me wonder if they were not expecting this big or a crowd or a few hamsters decided to have a party, got a hang over and called off from work. >.>

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Ozak Kuzak - 09-02-2010

CrimsonVonSanguine Wrote:Should've just let Castiel reason it out and pick one for all of us. (Couldn't resist, had to say it.)

I kinda like this idea too Moogle

In the end, I will go where ever the RPC goes, after all, I picked Cornelia!

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Aveline - 09-02-2010

DontPanic Wrote:
CrimsonVonSanguine Wrote:Should've just let Castiel reason it out and pick one for all of us. (Couldn't resist, had to say it.)

I kinda like this idea too Moogle

Yep. Laugh

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Rhio - 09-02-2010

While I'm not the sort to advocate disrupting the democratic process except when I do, it might be prudent in light of developments to call for a re-vote. We know more now than we did when the vote started, and votes were being primarily cast on the basis of which game we liked more. Our data about who was going where was being collected at the same time as the votes were being cast, and that results in a bit of chaos.

I can't say I'm expecting it, but a recall election (so to speak) might give us the chance to put together a more sober picture of the overall landscape.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Soren Miren - 09-02-2010

Lindblum is the Kefka/Sephiroth of city names -_-

Rhio Wrote:

While I'm not the sort to advocate disrupting the democratic process except when I do, it might be prudent in light of developments to call for a re-vote. We know more now than we did when the vote started, and votes were being primarily cast on the basis of which game we liked more. Our data about who was going where was being collected at the same time as the votes were being cast, and that results in a bit of chaos.

I can't say I'm expecting it, but a recall election (so to speak) might give us the chance to put together a more sober picture of the overall landscape.

Revote!!
Or you pick Castiel!

Besides I think only a /few/ of us are in the Open Beta at this point anyhow.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - CrimsonVonSanguine - 09-02-2010

A revote will put us in the same mess, we would just end up picking another "pretty" or "popular" name. If we vote on anything, I'd say we vote on investing someone with the responsibility of picking a server and discussing some pros and cons with the community :3

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Kejira - 09-02-2010

wouldn't mind a Revote
Or that Castie Pick.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Nikolai - 09-02-2010

I don't think I've heard of any larger groups going to Kashuan, Gysahl, or Istory, so any one of those three would be ideal, no?

EDIT: Can anyone in beta check out the populations of those servers? I'm in class atm. D:

CrimsonVonSanguine Wrote:A revote will put us in the same mess, we would just end up picking another "pretty" or "popular" name. If we vote on anything, I'd say we vote on investing someone with the responsibility of picking a server and discussing some pros and cons with the community :3

Or we go with the lowest server with the most less votes!

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Rhio - 09-02-2010

Mysidia and Lindblum are still missing. Figaro is back.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Aveline - 09-02-2010

CrimsonVonSanguine Wrote:A revote will put us in the same mess, we would just end up picking another "pretty" or "popular" name. If we vote on anything, I'd say we vote on investing someone with the responsibility of picking a server and discussing some pros and cons with the community :3

Yeah I believe that's how Eorzeapedia did it--they voted on who would select the server for them. Still a vote, but with far less mess and hassle.