Hydaelyn Role-Players
Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid (/showthread.php?tid=527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - dirti - 09-20-2010

I understand your position and thank you for your attention.

But in this case will be about 5000 players on the same server, I hope we do not have the server problems and do well.

Again thank you for your attention and I have not offended or bothered anyone with my proposal.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Lior - 09-20-2010

While I appreciate the "warning", there are various inconsistencies here that lead me to call "troll".

Before anyone thinks to panic, numerous sources point to Gysahl as the unofficial spanish server, and unless our friend here has evidence to the contrary, of which I could find none, I stand by my above claim.

Either way, my sentiments reflect Aveline's.

Edit: Meh. http://www.ffxiv-esp.com/blog/post/2010/09/11/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Esp-FFXIV-Hispano-Servidor-Besaid.aspx

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Aveline - 09-20-2010

Back on Asura in 2004, we had over 5000 people on at the same time often. I don't think anyone should be worried about over 5000 people on the same server, most of whom won't even be on in the same timezone.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Satisiun - 09-20-2010

Aveline Wrote:Back on Asura in 2004, we had over 5000 people on at the same time often. I don't think anyone should be worried about over 5000 people on the same server, most of whom won't even be on in the same timezone.

Just to expand on that, and this is less about population size and more about population make-up, Gilgamesh was a pretty big hotbed for the French language population, both the Quebecois and the French French. Despite this, there was never any uncalled for or strained animosity between the English speakers and the people who either didn't know much English, or didn't want to speak it.

The whole point of having non-region specific servers is to intermingle populations from throughout the world. I think it's sort of a shame when some groups think that they need to keep to themselves. Yes, there may be some cultural or language barriers, but some people -- particularly, I think, people coming from FFXI who experienced this already -- actually like it, and appreciate it.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Tadir - 09-20-2010

I have no problem with other languages. That is what the auto translate feature is for. As for asking us to move, which I think is what your post was about, absolutely not. And I think it's rather presumptuous to think you could ask something like that. If that's not what your posts have been about, I'm sorry. We, of course, will be welcoming to people of any language on Besaid. I request you do the same. I would assume not everyone in Eorzea speaks the same language. There have to be groups sticking to old ways, or raised in communities with different languages. If I can't understand you, and you can't understand me, that's okay. It's a global game.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Satisiun - 09-20-2010

Tadir Wrote:I have no problem with other languages. That is what the auto translate feature is for.

In fairness, Tadir, the auto-translate feature only has Deutsch, Francais, English, and Japanese. I have always found it a little curious how despite Espanol being the third most spoken language, Square-Enix does not make a version in that language. They did the same with Final Fantasy XI, too. So, well, yeah.

Not that I'm disagreeing or anything about your point. Heck, my point's basically the same about mingling populations. ^^; Just pointing out that you'll see some groups which you'll have to talk to the old fashioned "Me Tarzan. You Jane" sort of way.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Tadir - 09-20-2010

Really? I didn't realize that. I don't think it effects the overall point, but thank you for bringing that up.

*The more you knoooooooooow*
*Rainbowwithastar!*

The auto Translate is a nice feature, but not a necessary one. We can all coexist.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Chveya - 09-21-2010

It's safe to say that both English and Spanish are pretty common languages. Tongue

It's a fair bet that within any fair-sized group, there will probably be at least one person who can drum up at least a rudimentary knowledge of one or the other.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Skye - 09-21-2010

Lior Wrote:While I appreciate the "warning", there are various inconsistencies here that lead me to call "troll".

Before anyone thinks to panic, numerous sources point to Gysahl as the unofficial spanish server, and unless our friend here has evidence to the contrary, of which I could find none, I stand by my above claim.

Either way, my sentiments reflect Aveline's.

Edit: Meh. http://www.ffxiv-esp.com/blog/post/2010/09/11/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Esp-FFXIV-Hispano-Servidor-Besaid.aspx

I think as the guy said, they are very disorganised, so they'll most likely be split up between Gysahl, Besaid and whatever other server they decided.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Kylin - 09-22-2010

Rumors are now spreading on Eorzeapedia and Core that a certain community notorious for griefing is moving to Besaid. Not sure whether this is true or just a baseless rumor. But if it is true and IF they do give us problems, DO NOT give them any reaction. That's what griefers like to do, get some kind of reaction out of people.

If there is any form of harassment, please go to the Support Desk via your main menu and file a complaint to a GM. When they get around to it, they'll review the chat logs and if the griefer is indeed guilty, the GM will deal with them. In the meantime, /blacklist is your friend.

This goes for any and all griefers. The role-play community should remain as united as possible in this policy. We want to handle these kinds of situations with maturity and in a cool-headed way, since how we handle this will reveal a lot about us as a community. If we keep ignoring and reporting them, they're going to eventually get tired of getting suspended/banned. Square Enix has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to griefing, as they revealed many times in FFXI.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Kejira - 09-22-2010

Castiel Wrote:Rumors are now spreading on Eorzeapedia and Core that a certain community notorious for griefing is moving to Besaid. Not sure whether this is true or just a baseless rumor. But if it is true and IF they do give us problems, DO NOT give them any reaction. That's what griefers like to do, get some kind of reaction out of people.

If there is any form of harassment, please go to the Support Desk via your main menu and file a complaint to a GM. When they get around to it, they'll review the chat logs and if the griefer is indeed guilty, the GM will deal with them. In the meantime, /blacklist is your friend.

This goes for any and all griefers. The role-play community should remain as united as possible in this policy. We want to handle these kinds of situations with maturity and in a cool-headed way, since how we handle this will reveal a lot about us as a community. If we keep ignoring and reporting them, they're going to eventually get tired of getting suspended/banned. Square Enix has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to griefing, as they revealed many times in FFXI.

Sadly it seem so yes, but at least happy SE Strikes very hard down on griefing, wish one could make a Blacklist Macro

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Kylin - 09-22-2010

Yet another server related announcement...Some servers are quickly being locked down (temporarily) due to uneven populations. Besaid is one of the servers in the top seven I think (1,000+ on it already). Thus, SE may end up locking it down for a bit. So some of you may have to end up rerolling eventually. Can't be helped. Tis what happens when we end up with a high populated server >.>.

Hopefully this doesn't cause too many issues for linkshells. Just remember that any server lockdown should only be temporary.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Volkai - 09-23-2010

Lindblum, our unofficial 'overflow' server IIRC, is also locked for population, and appears unlikely to open back up in the immediate-to-near future.

Maybe we should consider another overflow server?

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Satisiun - 09-23-2010

Volkai Wrote:Lindblum, our unofficial 'overflow' server IIRC, is also locked for population, and appears unlikely to open back up in the immediate-to-near future.

Maybe we should consider another overflow server?

If the Lodestone updates are anything to go by, Lindblum is no longer on lock down.

Also, while Besaid has been consistently in the upper tier of populations since the beginning, it's not yet been the target of character suspension either, so I don't think we've had anyone have to go to any secondary servers yet.

'course, I could be tempting fate by saying that. Laugh But I think for now we can breathe easy, and not worry.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Kylin - 09-23-2010

I'm shocked Besaid hasn't had character creation suspended yet. Lindblum has been temporarily disabled more than once now. We're lucky we narrowly avoided that server xD. SE just announced yet another lockdown for Lindblum on the Lodestone.