Hydaelyn Role-Players
Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid (/showthread.php?tid=527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Noelle - 10-01-2010

I realise that I'm speaking as someone we's already on Besaid, but I can't really see the point in making a character on a different server as a member of the RPC. We're really heavily Besaid focused, and even though we've declared an "overflow server", and if I was unable to join Besaid straight away I'd probably wait for Besaid to become available.

Just how I feel about it.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Zason - 10-01-2010

Noëlle Wrote:I realise that I'm speaking as someone we's already on Besaid, but I can't really see the point in making a character on a different server as a member of the RPC. We're really heavily Besaid focused, and even though we've declared an "overflow server", and if I was unable to join Besaid straight away I'd probably wait for Besaid to become available.

Just how I feel about it.
*nod nod*

"Z"

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Asyria - 10-01-2010

We are heavily Besaid focused -now-.
What will it be next year?
As more and more RPers come and end up unable to roll on Besaid because it's full, the RP community WILL be split sooner or later.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Kurb - 10-01-2010

O yea it will have to eventually.No question about that.I just find it odd that the servers filled up so quickly.Assuming that the chocobo symbols next to the server name is the level it's at wow who said FF14 would be crap was wrong.I just hope to do some RP this time round b4 things go pearshaped

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - jedmalkavian - 10-01-2010

I can't see Besaid at all. I want to play! What can I do? Are there server transfers?

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - ArmachiA - 10-02-2010

Wait, if you can. It will open up again Smile

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - foxfirestorm - 10-02-2010

To those who have troubling getting on Besaid, the best thing you can do is wait.
The server is removed at a point when it feels it is to congested and hits that number, this apparently can even happen on servers with low chocobos as well. It a silly system that SE has placed in to try and protect their servers from crashing (though it seems ton of worlds do).

Good News is, I've only seen Besaid crash once, bad news is, I know from my friend trying to get in, it was down.
So be patient, play with the character creator for a bit and stick your nose every hour or two and see if it pops up. If it doesn't, try back the next day.

Also some word of advice, try early in the morning or really late in the evening. Pick times you think it would not be busy on the game. Yes its a world wide game, but there are always those wonderful slow times where the numbers drop greatly.
I also expect after 30 days are up, we will see a change in numbers, as I expect most of the people who are on right now will leave.

FF14 is not for everyone, the billing system drives me many nuts, and most people are content with games that let them grind 24/7.
I don't see FF14 as a grind 24/7, but maybe that is me.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Xenedra - 10-02-2010

I've started up a character on Fabul just so I'm not bored out of my mind while I wait for Besaid to open up. If anyone not able to get on Besaid would like to pass the time with a little RP there, hit me up! The character name is Xenedra Ambrose. I have a secondary account to check for openings on Besaid, so I'll be doing that from time to time and we can just trash our Fabul characters when that happens.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Kylin - 10-02-2010

Server congestion is based on population/lag in the starting zones. Thus, you RPers all need to gtfo and go to Ishgard or something so some of us can actually join the server Laugh

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Spartle - 10-02-2010

Castiel Wrote:Server congestion is based on population/lag in the starting zones. Thus, you RPers all need to gtfo and go to Ishgard or something so some of us can actually join the server Laugh

Does Mor Dhona count?

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - jedmalkavian - 10-02-2010

Still no Besaid.... dying waiting... I wonder if I'll be able to log in from work? Huh

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Magnus - 10-02-2010

jedmalkavian Wrote:Still no Besaid.... dying waiting... I wonder if I'll be able to log in from work? Huh

Remote desktop?

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - DAISHI - 10-03-2010

Can I date your avatar Huh: Heart

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - DAISHI - 10-03-2010

Bitte!

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - jedmalkavian - 10-03-2010

Three days and still no Besaid. EVERY OTHER SERVER IS OPEN, but no Besaid or Lindblum.

I'm about to give up. Do we have an alternate server?