Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) (/showthread.php?tid=513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - falcolas - 09-02-2010

GameFAQs, /v/, and one other that I know of. Neither of those knowns is exactly a small group.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Shamadconde - 09-02-2010

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I certainly hope so!

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Asyria - 09-02-2010

Castiel Wrote:The idea behind an overflow server is to just provide a temporary solution until something else can be worked out. I wouldn't expect it to remain an "overflow server" for long. The population of the game is likely going to drop within the first few months and servers will likely level themselves out. I'm sure quite a number of people will quit after their free month is up and they realize this isn't the game for them. The fatigue system may work to our advantage in that regard Laugh

Hey, you're absolutely right!

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Mycroft - 09-02-2010

Selyne Wrote:While the News Room thread doesn't report Lindblum as being a home for any major groups, I'm reading in more than one place that the GameFAQs crowd is going there. And Rocs Lock.

I've mentioned that a couple of times.. Yes.

Two of the Core's major guilds are going there as well.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Soren Miren - 09-02-2010

I believe at least two or three of BlueGartr's guilds are headed to Lindblum as well.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Ozak Kuzak - 09-02-2010

Castiel Wrote:The idea behind an overflow server is to just provide a temporary solution until something else can be worked out. I wouldn't expect it to remain an "overflow server" for long. The population of the game is likely going to drop within the first few months and servers will likely level themselves out. I'm sure quite a number of people will quit after their free month is up and they realize this isn't the game for them. The fatigue system may work to our advantage in that regard Laugh

Yeah I bet your right Castiel. I know when I tried WoW for the first time I only played for the free month after that never went back to that game.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Aveline - 09-02-2010

I started ranting to Mason about this in IM but realized I probably should just say it here instead. :3 I honestly do not understand all these attempts at strategizing which server is going to have what groups and how populated they are going to be. This is a free open beta in the calm before a ton of high ticket games get released this fall. Of COURSE every gaming community & their granny is going to be trying out FF14. Chances are, at least 50% of them are also going to be gone by the time CE is out on shelves.

Along with FFXIV at the end of September, all of these games are set to be released within the next few months:
Halo: Reach
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Fable 3
WoW: Cataclysm (maybe/possibly)
Fallout: New Vegas
Call of Duty: Black Ops

And 4Chan? A threat? Really? They have the collective attention span of an adolescent goldfish. It's highly unlikely that they are going to stay together as a huge group on one server beyond open beta.

I apologize if this is coming off as overly snarky, but I just do not see the point in wasting so much energy making newsroom updates about who is going where when really, the server populations are going to in all likelihood look completely different come Sept. 22. If we really want a server that is more low-pop and easier for everyone to access, IStory (TM Apple), Kashuan, and Ghysal will probably be our best bets, for the 300 or so of you who haven't voted yet. But who knows? Maybe at the last minute a bunch of linkshells will have the same idea as us and rush Kashuan.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - foxfirestorm - 09-02-2010

Selyne Wrote:My linkshell is a little impatient and wants to decide tonight on their server. I'm already making them hold off. There's no way I can make them wait until the 15th for an answer. I'm definitely not in favor of that. Sad

However, they originally wanted to play on Trabia. I pushed them to switch to Lindblum because it looked like that would be the winning RP server. But everyone is complaining about how Lindblum is way more crowded, full of people in the starting zones, and the server has already crashed.

They do realize that during Open Beta, all we get to hold over to live is our names yes?

We will have to remake the characters again and we will have to do everything again. So to get to overly fussy on it is a bit silly.

Aveline Wrote:Along with FFXIV at the end of September, all of these games are set to be released within the next few months:
Halo: Reach
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Fable 3
WoW: Cataclysm (maybe/possibly)
Fallout: New Vegas
Call of Duty: Black Ops

Don't forget Front Mission Evolved!

You forgot about that Star Wars mmo!
Which I understand even quite a number of RPC folks are looking forward to. o_O

Good call XD I just listed off a bunch of games off the top of my head.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Siben - 09-02-2010

Asyria Wrote:Funny how more people are agreeing with what some of us said from the start about voting being a bad idea. Tongue

Funny how lemmings follow the lemming directly in front of them right off a cliff too, right? ;D

Siben Wrote:
Asyria Wrote:Funny how more people are agreeing with what some of us said from the start about voting being a bad idea. Tongue

Funny how lemmings follow the lemming directly in front of them right off a cliff too, right? ;D

Guess that explains the huge # of votes for Lindblum. Smile

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Siben - 09-02-2010

I'm not the one who revealed what the poll numbers were.

I miss those Lemmings game! They were awesome. Tongue

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Tadir - 09-02-2010

I'd love a lemmings remake.