Hydaelyn Role-Players
Post here if you want to be a brat - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Post here if you want to be a brat (/showthread.php?tid=9690)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gaspard - 03-03-2015

My biggest gripe with people (Including myself) is that we often chase happiness and status and greatness, Yet forget to be grateful for what we have already, and in turn make ourselves (and those around us) miserable.

We cry, complain, shout, struggle against things, places. Greed has the majority of us by the balls, since we either want more money, more personality, more intelligence, more skill, more anything.. and  too often forget to appreciate that; hey, you've got food, a home, a few people you can really trust, a warm bed, clothes, and such a massive overabundance of media and pass times to indulge in that 'boredom' has become virtually impossible.

Basically ; Biggest point of the Rant;

I hate it that we all make ourselves miserable by not appreciating what we have. Fuck, I used to live off 10 EUR a week for over half a year, and have made it to live a stable life with above minimum wage earnings, got a dog, got a job that supplies me with 240 Hours of work (Which I do gladly cause fuck yeah money), I can afford to eat properly, go out to restaurants once or twice a month (the really good ones) and I still find reasons to complain, push, grind and make myself miserable because it's not enough. And I see this in almost 'every' person.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gegenji - 03-03-2015

(03-03-2015, 03:01 AM)Gaspard Wrote: My biggest gripe with people (Including myself) is that we often chase happiness and status and greatness, Yet forget to be grateful for what we have already, and in turn make ourselves (and those around us) miserable.

We cry, complain, shout, struggle against things, places. Greed has the majority of us by the balls, since we either want more money, more personality, more intelligence, more skill, more anything.. and  too often forget to appreciate that; hey, you've got food, a home, a few people you can really trust, a warm bed, clothes, and such a massive overabundance of media and pass times to indulge in that 'boredom' has become virtually impossible.

Basically ; Biggest point of the Rant;

I hate it that we all make ourselves miserable by not appreciating what we have. Fuck, I used to live off 10 EUR a week for over half a year, and have made it to live a stable life with above minimum wage earnings, got a dog, got a job that supplies me with 240 Hours of work (Which I do gladly cause fuck yeah money), I can afford to eat properly, go out to restaurants once or twice a month (the really good ones) and I still find reasons to complain, push, grind and make myself miserable because it's not enough. And I see this in almost 'every' person.

Ah, yeah. I often realize that most of my gripes are First World problems. I complain about drivers, but I'm driving basically a new car. I'll gripe and moan about stuff not dropping for me in game or lag or something of the sort, but I have the free time and the comfort of a home and Internet in which to do such things. I'll complain about the kids I had to deal with in college, but I got to go and get my degree for free after spending time in the military - thus I have no college loan debt.

It does help, though, to stop and think about what you actually have. Whenever I'm feeling super negative, I try to remember that I'm actively living on my own with little problem, have a pretty consistent job right now, and am actively building a bit of a nest egg for emergencies/when I ultimately retire. The only payments I have to make are for apartment, car, phone, and internet. Everything else is my own to spend as I will.

I'm pretty well off, all things considered, and I suppose that makes me get upset at myself more when I get into one of my "I'm useless" slumps.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 03-04-2015

Someone is actually putting forward a ballot initiative to condemn all sodomites to death in California.

It's laughable.

But really?

This is so fucking asinine.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Warren Castille - 03-04-2015

(03-04-2015, 02:04 PM)Kage Wrote: Someone is actually putting forward a ballot initiative to condemn all sodomites to death in California.

It's laughable.

But really?

You could say it's butt-fuckingly assinine.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Berrod Armstrong - 03-04-2015

(03-04-2015, 02:04 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(03-04-2015, 02:04 PM)Kage Wrote: Someone is actually putting forward a ballot initiative to condemn all sodomites to death in California.

It's laughable.

But really?

UGH I JUST LAUGHED SO HARD IN MY OFFICE

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 03-04-2015

(03-04-2015, 03:10 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: UGH I JUST LAUGHED SO HARD IN MY OFFICE
There's a reason he got rep for it.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Hihimi - 03-04-2015

(03-04-2015, 03:10 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:

It's laughable.

But really?

I would say I laughed, butt that would imply that I wasn't expecting it.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Menelwen - 03-05-2015

(03-04-2015, 03:10 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:

It's laughable.

But really?

Annnnnnnd just like that, milk all over my desk from laughing so ducking hard.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 03-05-2015

Rant about myself: I find myself so easily troll baited.
I have a somewhat short temper and when I see something as "wrong" it gets me riled up.

Like this troll that apparently posts on /r/ffxiv so much.

One time it was "guys I'm so socially anxious I can't DF. How do I fix this? I failed so hard I can't click it" and would not listen to -any- of the suggestions people would come up with.

Now it's "I've tanked every dungeon by going one pack at a time. Now I heal as whm and throw a regen before the pull and the tank runs away! He doesn't know where to pull! You're supposed to stand here and kill that group. Only one! You don't steel cyclone 10 enemies! There's only groups of 2-4!"

It's a train wreck and I find it so hard to not keep watching.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kellach Woods - 03-05-2015

That's because Reddit.

I'll just rant about my crass consumerism that just made me blow around 630$ on stuff tonight. Yes, I was paid the extra - yes I had the money and will certainly NOT be made to starve. I'm just disappointed in myself.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Zyrusticae - 03-05-2015

(03-05-2015, 10:49 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: That's because Reddit.

I'll just rant about my crass consumerism that just made me blow around 630$ on stuff tonight. Yes, I was paid the extra - yes I had the money and will certainly NOT be made to starve. I'm just disappointed in myself.
Oh, please. I blew like $800 of my grant money on two GPUs just because I really wanted to hit that much-vaunted solid 60 FPS (unfortunately, even that much money does NOT buy you enough power to do so in all games).

Granted, I made back like half of it selling my old cards, but still...

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-06-2015

so yesterday was really nice out. it had been raining but that was enough to cool things off a bit and i was able to open the windows and get some fresh air in. today? i stepped outside, scampered back in, stole erik's thicker hooide to go over mine then went back outside in the 30 odd degree weather. why is it so cold in florida?????!! it was so nice yesterday! and now it's freezing! and before all the "you think that's cold try living *insert state/land mass further up north*" replies, ima stap you right there and tell you; i grew up in michigan and lived there for about 20 years.
i know it's colder in other areas, THAT'S WHY I MOVED TO FLORIDA!!
[Image: anigif_enhanced-24707-1408396811-24.gif]

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 03-06-2015

JFC it's getting really warm and then it rains what-

<.< >.>
*crawls back to Southern California weather*

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Cato - 03-06-2015

My former neighbour is an absolute wanker.

He lived in the apartment above mine and a few months ago he fiddled with the water pipes until they burst and caused a leak that spilled through the ceiling of my kitchen. Shortly afterwards his water tank burst and caused a leak above the boiler in my bathroom.

Our landlady kicked him out after he refused to co-operate and allow repair work to be done and he hasn't been there since. However last week my boiler ended up kicking the bucket due to the strain of the damage that the water had done to it.

So now today I'm having to have someone remove the old boiler and put a new one in the kitchen which takes quite a bit of work. I've been up since 6am, I'm tired and want to go take a nap but it still hasn't been finished.

Not that I blame the repair guy given how large a job it is but...

I just hate how much strife my former neighbour has managed to cause. >_>

Luckily the landlady is paying for the repairs so I don't have to endure financial strain. I'm surprised she let him live there though - it's a gated community and people are usually screened very thoroughly before they're able to live here.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Warren Castille - 03-06-2015

WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT IT WAS OKAY TO ISSUE A FOUR-HOUR DELAYED OPENING ON A FRIDAY

JUST CODE RED IT YOU ASSHOLES