Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote--concluded) (/showthread.php?tid=513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Gerick - 09-02-2010

I am quite surprised Wutai isn't the Sephiroth/Kefka server with all the FF& fan boys (myself included). ( was just as epic though so I'm not surprised it ended up taking that slot.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Mycroft - 09-02-2010

Mason Wrote:And I also don't know why these people are who currently still have votes anywhere other than Lindblum or Besaid. You are throwing away your vote if you don't vote for one of the two, sadly.

I guess I believe in democracy to a certain extent as well.. Since I'd like my choice to be seen.. Instead of riding with the wave, also.. There's no such thing as a wasted vote.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Kylin - 09-02-2010

I gotta admit. For a short 24 hour poll, it seems to be lasting an eternity. I just can't wait until it's over.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Axl - 09-02-2010

[Image: michael_chiklis01NEW.jpg]

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Ozak Kuzak - 09-02-2010

Castiel Wrote:I gotta admit. For a short 24 hour poll, it seems to be lasting an eternity. I just can't wait until it's over.

No kidding Tongue

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Trizzip - 09-02-2010

Wouldn't it be a hoot if around 50 ppl changed their vote RIGHT before the cut off?

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - ArmachiA - 09-02-2010

You guys are paranoid.

Here's what the server pops are looking like

1. Figaro - most popular
2. Mysidia
3. Cornelia
4. THEN Lindblum

This sticks Lindy as a medium population server. Also you do realize we're helping with Lindy's population count? There are a sig. number of us to make a difference. Anywhere we roll will get that two chocobo rating, we pull our characters it'll probably drop back to one.

Remember, there will be server queues regardless of where you roll for the first couple weeks. This is an MMO launch, to not expect that is unrealistic. Aion had massive server queues and it's most popular server constantly went down.

Yall are getting your panties in a bunch for not, we're helping with those pop numbers and are considered a sig. community.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Axl - 09-02-2010

[Image: broorb.jpg]

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Ozak Kuzak - 09-02-2010

Axl Wrote:[Image: broorb.jpg]

HaHaHa Laugh

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Smiling River - 09-02-2010

Let's not compare this to anything. This is a vote for RP server, that's all.

All I'm saying is it's a wasted vote, unfortunately. I'd suggest picking the lesser of the two evils here, because it's clear that no other server besides the top two have a chance. Just being realistic.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Aeds - 09-02-2010

Where'd you get those stats from? :T

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - ArmachiA - 09-02-2010

Something Awful keeps close track of this stuff and so do we: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1213">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1213</a><!-- l -->

No one is reporting 3 Chocobos (Meaning High Pop) in Lindy, only 2, which means medium. Servers are going down because that's what they do at the beginning, not because they're being locked down.

Besaid is looking like it's going to be Low Pop, something I thought we wanted to avoid?

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Mycroft - 09-02-2010

We wanted to avoid low population servers?
I gotta read through this once again.

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Aveline - 09-02-2010

Just so you guys know... pretty sure those chocobos only reflect # of people logged in. All during closed beta, chocobos changed wildly depending on the time of day. Shadowlord could have 3 chocobos at peak times and 1 chocobo at others. I don't think people were quitting Shadowlord for 12 hours each day and then rerolling.

Those chocobos only tell us how many people are currently logged in at that moment, not how many people are rolling on the server, which is why every 30 minutes or so, Lindblum goes down and we can't make characters (yes it has been happening off and on all day, not just once or twice).

Re: The Quest for a Home (Server Vote) - Soren Miren - 09-02-2010

ArmachiA Wrote:Here's what the server pops are looking like...<etc.>

While your assessment of the servers may be correct, I have to disagree on some points.

For one, there is no knowing how much of Lindblum's current population is from the RPC, but judging from my own observations of the forums, my linkshell, and friends of mine, its a significant minority of us that actually have access to open beta right now. Us withdrawing isn't going to bring the population down so significantly when we're only perhaps 40-50 people.

Second, even though other servers may have more overall popularity, Lindblum still gains momentum in the general public over most of the other server choices. This makes it more likely, however small that chance may be, that the server will be more congested for a longer period of time.

Finally, the key difference between those 4 servers and a server such as Besaid is that Besaid is a blank slate with few established communities declaring to roll there. No matter how the populations end up, there's no reason to risk unneeded conflicts of interest by sticking to a server that has already been claimed by these other communities.

ArmachiA Wrote:Besaid is looking like it's going to be Low Pop, something I thought we wanted to avoid?

Didn't you just claim that our numbers would bring a low pop server up to medium-high? I thought it was a non-issue.

Ah yes.

ArmachiA Wrote:This sticks Lindy as a medium population server. Also you do realize we're helping with Lindy's population count? There are a sig. number of us to make a difference. Anywhere we roll will get that two chocobo rating, we pull our characters it'll probably drop back to one.