Hydaelyn Role-Players
Black or white? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Black or white? (/showthread.php?tid=10002)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Black or white? - Kage - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 04:36 PM)Nebbs Wrote: DPS only - go back and pick another, unless you want to queue lots
Generally, no matter what times you will see Tank/Healer queue times to less than 5 minutes. Usually instant or less than 30 minutes.

if you queue as a DPS (Arcanist (ACN), Lancer (LNC), Pugilist (PGL), Rogue (ROG), or Archer (ARC)) you will upwards of 25+ minutes for dungeon queues.

Once you can travel between all three cities and reach level 10 (and did your class quest), you can be any class you want? You just need to talk to the guild of the class you want. You will have to level each class from lvl 1.

Pre-50 you put attributes in these sections (generally)
Gladiator (GLA) / Paladin (PLD) -> Vitality
Marauder (MRD) / Warrior (WAR) -> Vitality
Pugilist (PGL) / Monk (MNK) -> Strength
Lancer (LNC) / Dragoon (DRG) -> Strength
Rogue (ROG) / Ninja (NIN) -> Dexterity
Archer (ARC) / Bard (BRD) -> Dexterity
Conjurer (CNJ) / White Mage (WHM) -> Mind
Arcanist (ACN) / Scholar (SCH) / Summoner (SMN) -> Intelligence
Thaumaturge (THM) / Black Mage -> Intelligence

All classes' attributes are separate (and your points into the jobs will go towards the base class). The only issue is with ACN however Pre-50 and not end-game raiding, is that Summoner is at a larger detriment if it has lost points in intelligence than Scholar's heals do from losing points in Mind.

RE: Black or white? - Sounsyy - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 04:46 PM)Kage Wrote: Pre-50 you put attributes in these sections (generally)

I'm sorry! >< But have to counterpoint and say Strength > Vitality even at lower levels, perhaps even especially at lower levels. Even if he said he's mainly interested in BLM/WHM. Don't hate me Kage! ; ;

(02-06-2015, 04:57 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 04:46 PM)Kage Wrote: Pre-50 you put attributes in these sections (generally)

I'm sorry! >< But have to counterpoint and say Strength > Vitality even at lower levels, perhaps even especially at lower levels. Even if he said he's mainly interested in BLM/WHM. Don't hate me Kage! ; ;

I don't mind, I'm just of the viewpoint that in lower levels the only reason that would matter is if... well someone is a bad tank and they need the extra to help them. Reason? I've seen PLD with 300HP less than what they could have running Qarn normal drop like a worm because of hard hitting cleaves etc. For me, it's all about survivability of the tank in low level, not what they can contribute damage wise.

RE: Black or white? - Sounsyy - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 05:00 PM)Kage Wrote:

I don't mind, I'm just of the viewpoint that in lower levels the only reason that would matter is if... well someone is a bad tank and they need the extra to help them. Reason? I've seen PLD with 300HP less than what they could have running Qarn normal drop like a worm because of hard hitting cleaves etc. For me, it's all about survivability of the tank in low level, not what they can contribute damage wise.

Understandable, but the amount of HP Vitality gives you increases as you level - up to 14.5:1 HP:VIT at Lv50. At Lv30, it only gives 7.5~8 HP per 1 VIT. And at Lv30 you have how many Point Allocations? Like 10-15? So at most, if you're stacking all VIT allocations, you're only getting 80-120 HP total. Whereas 10-15 STR may help in holding hate against capped characters in dungeons. A tank with a 300 HP deficit in Qarn is because of poor/improper gearing, not point allocations. A tank who is struggling to hold hate at early levels, may find some relief by pumping more STR.

That's my stance on it. ^^

RE: Black or white? - Nebbs - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 05:00 PM)Kage Wrote:

If you have problems as low level tank, go Marauder, spam your thang and yell at the ninja or bard to gief more TP.

I don't wanna derail it further because I only posted it in case OP wanted to level more classes than the two asked about. But I did put generally! XD

And also it's my opinion that you can flash long enough and riot blade for mp long enough to keep agro as low level tanks (or overpower) if you know what you are doing and dps do not blow up as soon as a shield or axe goes off.

But I've derailed still.

Do both op but I think the method of doing both works.
Use THM for story quests. Run dungeons as CNJ/healer. Personally I would level the CNJ first but it's up to you.