Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? (/showthread.php?tid=10830)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Liandri - 03-27-2015

Okay I saw this on my phone before I went to bed, and you literally have all of my yes. They're all there, just take them, please.

A lot of the magic I used for the way V'lanya uses sigils and geometrics is loosely based (okay it's actually a  lot) off chaos magick and paganism (I'm a nerd).

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Dasair - 03-27-2015

(03-27-2015, 03:45 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(03-27-2015, 03:36 PM)Dasair Wrote: Bonus points if Iskierka is there too, because my dumb nerd is already SUPER WARY OF HER. ~Potential conflict~

MAGIC IS NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED TO BURN PEOPLE ALIVE

YES BUT, LOGICALLY SPEAKING, SHOULD ONE NOT DETERMINE WITH MORE THAN SNAP JUDGEMENT IF THEY NEED TO BE BURNED ALIVE BEFORE ACTUALLY DOING SO? SHOULD ONE NOT LEARN WHAT THEY CAN FROM SAID SOMEONE FIRST? THAT KNOWLEDGE IS GOING UP IN FLAMES TOO, HOW DISTASTEFUL. SQUEAMISH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS, IT'S JUST SENSE WHEN THERE'S THE OPTION AT HAND. BURNING CAGED PEOPLE ALIVE. *THROWS UP HANDS*

I'm dying. This is going to be great.

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Virella - 03-27-2015

Take all my yes, magic roleplay is the thing what I enjoy the most!

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Dogberry - 03-27-2015

(03-27-2015, 03:58 PM)Dasair Wrote:
(03-27-2015, 03:45 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(03-27-2015, 03:36 PM)Dasair Wrote: Bonus points if Iskierka is there too, because my dumb nerd is already SUPER WARY OF HER. ~Potential conflict~

MAGIC IS NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED TO BURN PEOPLE ALIVE

YES BUT, LOGICALLY SPEAKING, SHOULD ONE NOT DETERMINE WITH MORE THAN SNAP JUDGEMENT IF THEY NEED TO BE BURNED ALIVE BEFORE ACTUALLY DOING SO? SHOULD ONE NOT LEARN WHAT THEY CAN FROM SAID SOMEONE FIRST? THAT KNOWLEDGE IS GOING UP IN FLAMES TOO, HOW DISTASTEFUL. SQUEAMISH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS, IT'S JUST SENSE WHEN THERE'S THE OPTION AT HAND. BURNING CAGED PEOPLE ALIVE. *THROWS UP HANDS*

BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE LITERALLY FUSED WITH A VOIDSENT ARE KEY SOURCES OF WORTHWHILE INFORMATION AMIRITE

That's just how Iski rolls.

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Dasair - 03-27-2015

(03-27-2015, 04:11 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
Dasair Wrote:YES BUT, LOGICALLY SPEAKING, SHOULD ONE NOT DETERMINE WITH MORE THAN SNAP JUDGEMENT IF THEY NEED TO BE BURNED ALIVE BEFORE ACTUALLY DOING SO? SHOULD ONE NOT LEARN WHAT THEY CAN FROM SAID SOMEONE FIRST? THAT KNOWLEDGE IS GOING UP IN FLAMES TOO, HOW DISTASTEFUL. SQUEAMISH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS, IT'S JUST SENSE WHEN THERE'S THE OPTION AT HAND. BURNING CAGED PEOPLE ALIVE. *THROWS UP HANDS*

BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE LITERALLY FUSED WITH A VOIDSENT ARE KEY SOURCES OF WORTHWHILE INFORMATION AMIRITE

That's just how Iski rolls.

A FAIR POINT, BUT ALSO KNOWING THAT BEFORE SETTING THEM ON FIRE, INSTEAD OF LEARNING IT AFTERWARDS ENTIRELY BY CHANCE OF CONSEQUENCE, IS ALSO GOOD TOO. *SWEATS ICE*

The way she rolls is kind of terribly wonderful.

I hope this gathering somehow happens, if only because it seems like there would be so many different sorts of characters coming together, with all sorts of outlooks that might either mesh somehow, or completely clash. Whether they can get along, or if they can't at all, I feel like it will be amazing.

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Dogberry - 03-27-2015

Most definitely! Magicians are a diverse and eccentric bunch! Let's all converge on one space and see what happens!

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Zetchryn - 03-27-2015

Consider me HIGHLY interested! As a RL pagan hell, I'd create a character JUST for this even! :o

Best idea ever!

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Nebbs - 03-27-2015

Remember, there is no wrong way.. only alternative ways Smile

Definitely not for science.

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Claris - 03-27-2015

Clalaris would definitely be interested in something like this, as she's a hodgepodge of that Hermetic-ish Mysterium that Freelance mentioned and other idea(l)s. Smile

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Gone. - 03-27-2015

Woooow, this thread kind of blew up, didn't it? I honestly didn't think there would be this much interest!

So many amazing and hilarious ideas, too. Totally excited at the thought of Vetiver running her own coven. <3

Going to get to making an LS here soon, just need the right name and then I'll be back with updates.

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Scaraphae - 03-28-2015

Yes, yes, yesyesyesyesyes.

Can you guess I might be interested? 
Good *sagenod*

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Gone. - 04-01-2015

I return with news as previously promised!

The Astral Covenant is now an official linkshell as seen here.

Hope to trade spellcraft with you all soon. <3

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Titor - 04-01-2015

Arcanists/scholars (at least as portrayed through MSQ and most of the players I have met) are not really the witchy type... They are more of scientists and mathematicians, relying more on numbers and calculations over rituals and mysticism.

Same with alchemists.

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - V'aleera - 04-01-2015

That would certainly accurately describe members of the Arcanist and Alchemist Guilds.

But drawing circles, doing math, and mixing a bunch of ingredients together aren't skills exclusive to secular honors STEM students.

RE: Interest check: Twelveswood-based coven of mages? - Gone. - 04-01-2015

And the type of arcanists and alchemists that would be interested in this aren't going to be a part of the guilds, or at least put much stock in them outside of the minimum that's required.

Also, I disagree: arcane magic + fairy or primal essences is pretty damn witchy as far as I'm concerned. Same goes for brewing up concoctions with various herbs, no matter how exact it is (think tribal Miqo'te). There's an air of mystery that suits the vision perfectly, especially when the focus isn't so much spirituality as it is educated magics safely banded together.

The bottom line is: I want these people here. I have no intention of barring anyone from joining the table outside of black mages for obvious reasons.