Hydaelyn Role-Players
Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) (/showthread.php?tid=10920)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Seriphyn - 04-02-2015

(04-02-2015, 05:16 PM)Edgar Wrote: Koporo is a Monetarist that happened to be a firm supporter of the Sultana. He tried to teach a balance between the Syndicate and the Sultanate, but in the face of this...Event, he is gravely concerned about the future. Would he be welcome?

How about he come and find out? Hehe :3c

(OOC: of course!)

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Edgar - 04-02-2015

Awesome~ Moogle

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Meena - 04-02-2015

my lalafell, Mahana Mana is a Monetarist. Can she come stirr up the place?

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Chris Ganale - 04-02-2015

Well, if you want to be out a character...

Something tells me that a monetarist football, even with a COMPANY of Brass Blades, would get wrecked.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Aduu Avagnar - 04-02-2015

I'll likely turn up, given a change in Nako's circumstances ICly (Consortiums being shut down springs to mind.)
but one query, concerning yourself, please don't take this as a criticism, but given that the Flamesworn are the Flame General's most trusted, one would think that actions would be being taken against them, or at least a plot to facilitate their curtailment.

(I am aware that Robby One Arm is in jail for attacking a member of the Syndicate, rather than anything else, but one would think that Lolorito as the defacto leader of the City would try to limit their movements.)

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Chris Ganale - 04-02-2015

They would, but as was stated, the Goblet is not Blades land. It's adventurers' law there, and it'd be as bad or worse for the Blades trying to make headway there as it was for the US military at the height of the insurgency. The difference here being that the Blades don't have near the military and technological advantage that the US military did, nor are they too keen on waging a hearts and minds campaign alongside.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Melkire - 04-02-2015

...The Goblet is patrolled by the Flames, and that's only due to the plots being primarily set aside for adventurers and their free companies, as per lore. I don't think I've ever seen any lore saying anything else on the matter.

I suspect Flames, Blades, Sworn... they'd all be able to swing on by if the matter fell under their jurisdiction. Never seen it stated anywhere that it's Flame territory.

Patrolling an area != owning or having ultimate authority over the area.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Kellach Woods - 04-02-2015

If they suspect that the WoL is hiding there, then for sure they'd barge in - It's still Ul'dahn soil. Just that it's been set aside for adventurers to purchase and use.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Erik Mynhier - 04-02-2015

(04-02-2015, 08:25 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: If they suspect that the WoL is hiding there, then for sure they'd barge in - It's still Ul'dahn soil. Just that it's been set aside for adventurers to purchase and use.

I always assumed it was part of uldah for rp needs. The lore states its for adventuers only but it also states we are WoL which I dont think anyone conciders true. There is a variation to rp and the lore in some cases. I know many nonadventurers and citizens that "live" in the goblet, despite the lore stating very clearly that citizens cannot do so.

Im curious to thoughts on this as it pretains to the idea that one city faction over another rules it. I personally believe if uldah is under control amd the alliance is silent, then the surrounding ares, the goblit included would not be safe. And even if they are, then not for long. The Flames are loyal to the general, so a Flame run area as far from the city would make more sense. Camp Bluefog comes to mind.

The problem with Bluefog is it's heavily-populated by people trying to level. The OOC logic of using a private house in the Goblet is clear on that, but I do agree that the chance of the Blades trying (key term) to crash it is high.

However, they would have to be monumentally retarded if they believe they would pass unmolested through the homes and neighborhoods of free companies and adventurers. To even have a hope of being able to survive the thrashing they'd get from the locals, on top of having to face the armed and angry loyalists in the building, they would have to mount an expedition so massive that its movements could not possibly be missed, allowing us plenty of time to slip away, and therefore rendering all the men they lost just trying to get to the location an utter waste.

But I actually like the thought of those fucks bleeding for no gain.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Coatleque - 04-02-2015

(04-02-2015, 08:56 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: ... they would have to mount an expedition so massive that its movements could not possibly be missed...

You mean like...

Show Content

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Erik Mynhier - 04-02-2015

(04-02-2015, 08:56 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: The problem with Bluefog is it's heavily-populated by people trying to level. The OOC logic of using a private house in the Goblet is clear on that, but I do agree that the chance of the Blades trying (key term) to crash it is high.

However, they would have to be monumentally retarded if they believe they would pass unmolested through the homes and neighborhoods of free companies and adventurers. To even have a hope of being able to survive the thrashing they'd get from the locals, on top of having to face the armed and angry loyalists in the building, they would have to mount an expedition so massive that its movements could not possibly be missed, allowing us plenty of time to slip away, and therefore rendering all the men they lost just trying to get to the location an utter waste.

But I actually like the thought of those fucks bleeding for no gain.

You are 1000% correct. I should have been clear I was thinking more hypothetical then event planning. Sorry, didnt mean to be unclear.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Kage - 04-02-2015

(04-02-2015, 08:25 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: It's still Ul'dahn soil. Just that it's been set aside for adventurers to purchase and use.
This.

Plots were auctioned off in the Goblet as a way to entice immigration to Ul'dah. The Goblet is Ul'dahn soil.

Quote:#6 Imme
Say─you wouldn't happen to be curious as well, would you? About the Goblet. My hands are full here, but if you've a moment to head that way and look into this auction business on my behalf, I'd be ever so grateful. There's bound to be an Immortal Flames representative by the gates or in the Goblet who can explain what's going on. This wouldn't happen without General Raubahn's approval, of that much I'm sure!

#23 Imme
But what about my needs!? What about my forty acres and a chocobo? Bah, it's just not fair!

Tell that to the adventurers who aren't Ul'dahn citizens and can't get a plot...

While I don't think Brass Blades -rule the place with an iron fist- if a crime is reported to them, someone they can arrest... they'd have the authority to do so. Adventurers would lose their rights to the plots if they actually went against the Brass Blades. Who are... just looking for the fugitives.

(04-02-2015, 09:15 PM)Coatleque Wrote:
(04-02-2015, 08:56 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: ... they would have to mount an expedition so massive that its movements could not possibly be missed...

You mean like...

Show Content

Missed by the targeted quotation was that a force that size couldn't get to the location before the loyalists peaced out.

I'm personally still convinced that we could trash them, but I understand that discretion is the better part of valor.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Aduu Avagnar - 04-02-2015

You also have to bear in mind that not everyone in the Goblet would up in arms against them. You say they would be sure to receive a thrashing? I don't think they would. Most people when faced with this sort of thing actually tend to keep to themselves, they don't want trouble for them and theirs.

also, who is to say that the Free companies and adventurer's know the truth behind why they are there and what happened in the room?