Hydaelyn Role-Players
How many more expansions do you think Garlean Empire will be destroyed? (Spoilers) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: How many more expansions do you think Garlean Empire will be destroyed? (Spoilers) (/showthread.php?tid=11054)

Pages: 1 2

RE: How many more expansions do you think Garlean Empire will be destroyed? (Spoilers) - Steel Wolf - 04-12-2015

The way I see it, the Garleans have now been thwarted three times over in their attempt at conquest of Eorzea. Granted, the Castrums have yet to be disassembled, but that's owed more to dev resources not being aimed in that direction than any indication of continued imperial strength. Also, we still don't have an idea what the newly crowned Emperor will be doing about the campaign. Seeing as how they've thrown a legion at the realm (4500 to 5300 soldiers, assuming the numbers are the same), he may either just assume it a lost cause...or throw an entire army group at the problem.

Also, we STILL haven't been rid of the Ascians completely, and this story is hell-bent on making us care about them and their boogity-boogity-boo spooky finger ways.

I'd say we've got at least two more expansions or three before we even acknowledge Garlemald as a legitimate threat.

RE: How many more expansions do you think Garlean Empire will be destroyed? (Spoilers) - Ryanti - 04-12-2015

(04-12-2015, 09:51 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: I'd say we've got at least two more expansions or three before we even acknowledge Garlemald as a legitimate threat.

Honestly, I don't even think they care about Eorzea anymore.

XIVth was acting on their own. I think they're too busy fighting wars on their own borders then worrying about Eorzea now. We'll probably get a fair amount of "THIS IS WHAT IS GOING ON WITH GARLEMALD RIGHT NOW" cutscenes like we did in 2.3 or whatever patch that showed the new emperor but that's about it really.

RE: How many more expansions do you think Garlean Empire will be destroyed? (Spoilers) - Dante Abigor - 04-12-2015

Hopefully never.

To me from the beginning in 1.0 the empire was never outright EVIL, they just have forceful means and pretty hypocritical beliefs. As an example, in 1.0 Gaius ends up being a tsundere ally to you taking down the White Raven, only to turn around and become the villain in 2.0 and realize hes been manipulated. There's even evidence suggesting that Garlemald does indeed help the civilizations it conquers, such as the Roe knight being so adamant about protecting it(Until you brutally murder him, you monster), as well as Gaius repeatedly saying that they aim to conquer Eorzea to remove the Primal threat/abomination.

If the Binding Coil is any foreshadowing anyway, we will see someone related to the White Raven before we even see another lock of the new emperors hair, so Id say that if they DO end up destroying the empire, it would be in one of the way later expansions(like double digits.)

The Garlean Empire is like that looming threat that is uniting everyone. Without them on the horizon making everyone bite their nails in terror, everyone would return to being separated dickheads and the story IMO would more or less crumble into obscurity. What happens to a hero when the hero is no longer needed?

RE: How many more expansions do you think Garlean Empire will be destroyed? (Spoilers) - Chris Ganale - 04-12-2015

(04-12-2015, 07:18 PM)Dante Abigor Wrote: The Garlean Empire is like that looming threat that is uniting everyone.

Yeah, but no. I love me the shit out of some stories where everyone bands together to destroy the greater menace, but Eorzea is about as banded together as a pack of kindergarteners, and just slightly less threatening. And as someone who loves those kinds of tales and plays a character who has, in another setting, explicitly made the Genghis/Thanatos gambit to unite two separate worlds for the preservation of the future, the fact that Eorzea hasn't united into a single front of solidarity makes me want to line up every single person in a position of power who has not done everything within that power to make a united Eorzea happen and just run down the several-miles-long line, slapping the everloving goose shit out of all of them.

Further, because of the aforementioned love of the Gondor Calls for Aid trope, the betrayal of the Crystal Braves cut me to the core and has landed every one of those blue-coated shitbags (except Ol' Eyepatch) on my death list. If some part of 3.x doesn't involve hunting down and executing every last one of those oathbreakers, or at least doesn't see them dying horribly as a side effect of the various quests, I'll be sorely disappointed.

/dismountssoapbox

RE: How many more expansions do you think Garlean Empire will be destroyed? (Spoilers) - Meena - 04-12-2015

Honestly, I hope they arent destroyed. The presence of the empire make for great stories. Conflict in any aspect is always going to happen but this is a conflict that is not just physical but ideological. 

Extremest regimes verses Eorzean stability. Id love to actually see more of the empire in future patches.

RE: How many more expansions do you think Garlean Empire will be destroyed? (Spoilers) - Dante Abigor - 04-13-2015

-ERROR POST-

RE: How many more expansions do you think Garlean Empire will be destroyed? (Spoilers) - Dante Abigor - 04-13-2015

(04-12-2015, 07:37 PM)undefined Wrote:
Show Content
(04-12-2015, 07:18 PM)Dante Abigor Wrote: The Garlean Empire is like that looming threat that is uniting everyone.
Show Content

Doesn't help that the WoL is apparently a dumbass that cant fight without being told to do so either lol.
[quote pid=169312 dateline=1428881823]
Show Content

[/quote]