Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? (/showthread.php?tid=11544)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - Pastry Army - 05-10-2015

To create, one must destroy. Nothing exists within the world without consequence to another. It is what keeps the world flowing and it is inevitable for it is law. To put it simple: Change is unavoidable.

Mistalv recognizes this truth of the world and therefore is not affected by an otherwise perceived engine of destruction. She would simply express thanks and move on.

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - Dracyn - 05-10-2015

"Thanks for the help but bit of advice for the future, might want to work a bit on your subtlety. There's more than a few who don't like Black Mages and a good bit of those who would be more than willing to give you a free trip to the void for it." *tips the hat he never has on* "Messing with void magic is nasty business, or so I hear, no matter how many good intentions you start with, so keep yourself safe, eh?"

*walks off like he was never really in danger in the first place*

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - Blythe - 05-10-2015

From what u know of my Au Ra's personality so far, she would probably just blink, wondering what just happrned. Then, once everything settles in and she realizes it was a black mage, she'd get extremely curious and bombard the person with a ton of questions. Trying to get all the information she could possibly get before she embarrassed and excuses herself for being a little nosy.

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - Meena - 05-10-2015

Mahana would blink, and then give him tips on how to improve his spell casting.

Gin would probably run away from him in absolute fear. Nope, too much magic. Her whole nation burned down - she don't need no more fire.

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - Chris Ganale - 05-10-2015

My first thought is of Tahz, who would not be bothered at all since he's married to a not!black mage. He'd just be like /thumbs up, /cheer, /goodbye. Ganale would probably be the most leery about it, but that's because he's seen (felt) what arcanism can do to people, and is in no hurry to get that kind of lesson regarding far more direct destructive magic. Yuuna, though wary of BLMs, wouldn't be concerned since she's more than aware that a bullet can reach that BLM's head before it can finish a cast aimed at her. Chao would try to compare notes, probably.

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - ChewableMorphine - 05-10-2015

As somebody who RP's an anti-mage character:

[Image: tumblr_mq9e80Dqaa1r5b59so2_400.gif]

Give credit where it's due.

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - ZacharyVolfire - 05-10-2015

If they use anything other then Ice Magic.

"Oh...jeez...i-I'm sorry baout that it was embarrassing of me to get caught in that situation... Here let me pay you for the trouble." Zach throws a sachel of 5,000 gil towards the mage in question.

If they use Ice Magic.

"U-h...h-he-hello.. ..h-here........t-thanks ..for.that. bye!" zach sprints off immieadtly after hurling 5,000 gil at the mage.

Fear of Cryomancy with PTSD never works out well

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - Cato - 05-10-2015

Graeham isn't really familiar with the inner workings of aether manipulation. Being half-Garlean it's a pursuit he's never bothered with due to the sheer difficulty he'd face weaving even a simple spell. As such, he wouldn't really be judgemental and he'd thank his saviour with wide-eyed wonder and genuine gratitude.

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - Kurt S. - 05-10-2015

Ramona was damn well sure she'd die to the behemoth that somehow blindsided her in its lair. She'd resign herself to that fact after it may or may not have slammed into her with a half strength manawall up.
And then it happened. The glorious smell of burnt behemoth and the aftertaste of excess aether. She'd walk over to her savior with a small smile on her lips.

"So you're like me then? Can you umm help relearn what I've forgotten? Another mentor would be nice."

Kurt saw his life flash before his eyes and stared death defiantly in the claw as the behemoth brought its heavy hand down on him.

Yet there was something odd and warped about aether around them. His lips twisted into a grin as he saw, suspended in the air above the  behemoth, the beginning of a very...

"Glorious explosion."

He turned and braced himself against the heat of that glorious explosion that left a charred behemoth steak in its wake. He'd stop his savior from leaving and offer him or her an experimental behemoth steak meal.

Nah's wish was that she wanted to say goodbye to dad and Nataru at least. But well the behemoth changed his mind when he decided to spontaneously combust into flames.

Even if he seems like the stuff villains are made of Nah'd thank him or her for saving her. She'd promise to be more careful etc etc basically Nah being Nah. People stigmatize BLMs but this one just gave her opportunity to be with Nataru, her dad, Sae, Zeean, all her friends again.

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - Makyn Loneseeker - 05-10-2015

Mak wouldn't give two shits that the savior was a Black Mage.

He'd slowly walk up to the person sheathing his weapons. "Can I buy you a drink?"

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - Kurt S. - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 10:55 PM)Bakyn Wrote: Mak wouldn't give two shits that the savior was a Black Mage.

He'd slowly walk up to the person sheathing his weapons. "Can I buy you bacon?"
 Fix'd

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - Sin - 05-11-2015

Jullienaux would regard the man with respect and show his gratitude with a subtle nod.

Then sheathe his sword and get the hell outta dodge.

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - Aya - 05-11-2015

A grateful kiss? ^_^

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - Mercurias - 05-11-2015

M'sato is a very curious soul and he doesn't overly much care about bad reputations, considering his own. He would probe for more information as safely as he could and then get out of dodge at the slightest hint of more trouble coming.

Solomon would very politely thank his savior and, because this person is the sort of commodity which could be trouble, would not introduce himself or say where he lays his head unless absolutely necessary. He would be grateful, but he wouldn't want to have to deal with the trouble a Black Mage could be.

Soren would offer to buy the mage a drink and try to get to know him, because damn that was cool.

Garrett would offer the mage a job. If the offer was refused, then he would put an arrow into the BLM's eye. Too dangerous to exist except as an asset.

RE: Your character is rescued by a Black Mage, how does s/he respond? - Marisa - 05-11-2015

*Jumps in circles around the mage while rambling about friendship and cool hats*