Hydaelyn Role-Players
Race Change Debate - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Race Change Debate (/showthread.php?tid=12104)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Race Change Debate - Aaron - 06-17-2015

(06-17-2015, 06:20 AM)Septha Wrote:
(06-17-2015, 05:26 AM)Aaron Wrote: If you want to be lore accurate (You don't have to because I don't think it'd impact much) the four and two are kinda lore breaking as the devs said Fantasia is a meta game item.

I would hold a paraphrased, casual interview with a grain of salt. 

Despite that statement, I would avoid the Fantasia route. It feels cheap not to mention that such a legendary item would be extremely rare, just accidentally making one is like saying "Oops I accidentally made TNT!" and then a cartoon explosion happens. 

Aetheric accident, teleportation accident, sudden body switch, rebirth/reincarnation, the Void ooooh scary, cursed to take a more demonic appearance (doesn't make them Au Ra but it makes them look similar at least). Those are some ideas from the top of my head that are creative, makes decent RP and can be used in a way that doesn't seem like a cheap ploy to get what you want OOCly.
If the guy actually worked on ARR why wouldn't his words be true? Fantasia also is never mentioned in game anywhere at all. 

Wait scratch that, retainer fantasia exists.

Then again even if that was meta as I explained earlier I don't care regardless. Was trying to save him from the lore nuts.

RE: Race Change Debate - K'nahli - 06-17-2015

There's an ongoing topic regarding the debatable affects and efficiencies of glamours over here if you're interested. Technically, there's no real certified truth to either possibility, but I am personally of the opinion that you can merely hide something but not remove it from physical existence.

It sounds like your RP is relatively private though. If so, then I think it shouldn't cause too many ripples to have people pretend like you were an Au Ra all along.

RE: Race Change Debate - Nero - 06-17-2015

(06-17-2015, 12:15 PM)ZacharyVolfire Wrote: Final Suggestion 
In a upcoming Arc we're doing. Zach helps fund and mobilize the 3 WoL in his care to inspect the Argis providing a small boat. As well as coming along to see if there are any materials or items he can sell later. Maybe i should have him get 'Cursed' by Midgardsormr although i worry this might be ot be really good lore because it would end up him being posssessd?

Well, here's the thing: like K'nahli said, you're running what I'm assuming to be a fairly closed session, so I would not worry about lore adherence that much, as long as the other people you RP with are okay with it. Make something that's plausible to them because at the end it's their opinions and perceptions that matter. And if you're RPing as WoL or being associated with WoL? Hell, you just opened up lots of options there.

Being cursed? Works. Magical transformation? Go for it. An alchemy experiment gone wrong? Why not. Maybe an Au Ra is his true form that can only be unlocked by a medallion.

Get inventive. Sky's the limit.

RE: Race Change Debate - ZacharyVolfire - 06-17-2015

(06-17-2015, 03:38 PM)Nero Wrote:
(06-17-2015, 12:15 PM)ZacharyVolfire Wrote: Final Suggestion 
In a upcoming Arc we're doing. Zach helps fund and mobilize the 3 WoL in his care to inspect the Argis providing a small boat. As well as coming along to see if there are any materials or items he can sell later. Maybe i should have him get 'Cursed' by Midgardsormr although i worry this might be ot be really good lore because it would end up him being posssessd?

Well, here's the thing: like K'nahli said, you're running what I'm assuming to be a fairly closed session, so I would not worry about lore adherence that much, as long as the other people you RP with are okay with it. Make something that's plausible to them because at the end it's their opinions and perceptions that matter. And if you're RPing as WoL or being associated with WoL? Hell, you just opened up lots of options there.

Being cursed? Works. Magical transformation? Go for it. An alchemy experiment gone wrong? Why not. Maybe an Au Ra is his true form that can only be unlocked by a medallion.

Get inventive. Sky's the limit.

The RP is open but we have like a 'Narrator' Rule guy who makes sure noone tries to commendear or make the story boring. We get roles once we join and can drop at free will. Its a pretty fun system. Also he's a guildmaster who's in charge of 4 WoL so yeah

RE: Race Change Debate - Kelp Coffee - 06-18-2015

I made an account just for this. I think #3 is very silly and I like it.  

I also think it could be played off as an accident that happened when opening a treasure coffer in a dungeon or cave. A spring loaded trap that sent a pre-determined Fantasia straight to the face. It rendered you unconscious and when you awoke, you were an Au Ra with a throbbing bump on your head from the trap. That is something that I would probably believe.

RE: Race Change Debate - ZacharyVolfire - 06-18-2015

Ok it's settled thanks to all of your suggestions and tips. We decided on a simple choice of Zach finnaly showing corurption from Zordiark and that the Au Ra transformation was signs of him being touched by darkness / voidsent. OR wel levnetually will * porbbaly over a 3 month progression.