Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? (/showthread.php?tid=12342)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 09:15 AM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: When L'yhta met her first au ra, her response was something along the lines of, "Oh, you poor miqo'te! I don't know if I can heal that... I've never seen an affliction that causes scales to grow over skin and to cause all the fur on your tail to fall off!"

She has a few gaps in her knowledge. Smile

Beyond that, she hasn't had any issue with auri, except when they try to act superior (which she doesn't brook from anyone) or make a point of insulting Eorzea -- particularly if they're from Doma. The way she sees it, if you're a refugee, you should at least be civil to your new hosts.

Yesss!

R'elend tried to give the first one he met some skin cream. "That's a fearsome rash you've got there Lass."

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - Enla - 06-30-2015

Webbrael and Enla both take to the whole 'seen crazier shit, let's move on with our lives' mentality over it all. Enla has known two Au'Ra for several months prior to the expac dropping and had time to get used to their presence to the point where it no longer concerns her in the slightest. Webbrael on the other hand did a double take before deciding she literally had seen weirder things putzing about Limsa on a daily basis and that so long as the person wasn't trying to murder her dragon style she didn't much care.

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - Klynzahr - 06-30-2015

Well Klynzahr has a slight advantage, having encountered several Doman Raen during her early years. When she does poke her nose outdoors again, I believe her reaction will be "Wait.... you guys came along too?"

The Xaela may be more problematic, because her only experience comes from a few doman sailor tails regarding brutal black horned warriors. She will probably be terrified at the sight of them.

Unfortunately she still considers both tribes to be a Doman variety of beast man, believing them to possess lesser intelligence and fewer morals than the other races. She may be in for a very rude awakening.

Laugh

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - Spethah - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 10:56 AM)Riordyn Ashentyr Wrote:
(06-30-2015, 10:47 AM)Septha Wrote: Given that Septha turned into one (Through an long arc that took 2 and a half months in total), she's giving negative responses. She doesn't like being one, being formerly a Miqo'te the sudden change has her uncomfortable and currently trying to get used to simply not being a cat. The reactions she's gotten as well have been rather poor and that as well has not aided in anyway, in fact it's actually starting to scare the poor lass. 

Her view on other Au Ra however is one that is wary. She feels bad of them due to her experience being one, but at the same time the only ones she has met have been very brutish and violent and that along provides the reason to why she's being shoved into a unpleasant stereotype.
Even though you did take a long arc, by having a Miqo'te name and changing to Au Ra like so many others, you will sadly be judged with the masses who don't even have good reasoning. Keep a stiff upper lip and once the commotion has died down I'm sure things will settle. You could keep the RP to those who were involved in that arc, which would do a lot towards minimizing the trauma for a while.

Septhaja is a mongolian name, funny enough (It means "Winter Rose" or Hellebore). It's pure chance that it happened to be lore fitting for Au Ra and being someone obviously not in a tribe the last name is just a filler since you have to have a last name. As for people not wanting to RP with me because I did a race change, no one will know of it IC. It's a soft reset, only the people that KNEW Septh before hand (aka a handful) will actually know what happened to her. Anyone that meets her would just assume she's an Au Ra with a long name and the incident of what happened to gain that race would never be mentioned so they can't say jack shit. 

If you're OOCly not wanting to RP with me because you saw information about what happened to my character that was intending to be a soft reset so I can try something new, then there's something wrong with you.

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - D'aito Kuji - 06-30-2015

I'm just about to introduce my character to them on my blog version of her story.  She's been in far Southern Thanalan and is now on her way back to Limsa Lominsa.  I'm certain she will be very surprised when she arrives.  I'm not at all certain how she will take it.  I think she'll find the males repulsive initially, if only for their intimidating size. But it would not surprise me to find that she likes the look of the female Au-Ra.

I've not personally logged into the game in a couple months now (graduation,vacation,rehab,stuff).  But I will have ample time this weekend to see what everything looks like with half the Miqo'te population replaced by dragons.

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - Ignacius - 06-30-2015

Given the new guild story, Ignacius is treating them pretty graciously (as would be expected).  He's been in that position before.  No Au Ra Dancers yet, but he's completely open to giving them a place in their little tribal brotherhood.

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - A'kos Saiyal - 07-01-2015

A'kos being pretty much an immigrant himself figures they're just people his home country doesn't have for whatever reason. So, to him they're in the same boat as most beast tribes (Save goblins) only civilized. A'kos and the Au Ra might as well gotten off the boat together.

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - ZacharyVolfire - 07-01-2015

Zachary Volfire having the glamor his father bestowed upon him as a child removed Zach along with his guildmemebrs freaked out for the first few days but found out he didn't change that much just his appearance...and anatomy did.

Gold heartstone hates outsiders from stealing jobs he possible can be working at.

Old Man Aura...... A new race of women? A New race of women.

Ki'toli Maur more succers to lie my purse.

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - OttoVann - 07-01-2015

Otto finds them abhorrent, for the most part. They are half-demon, if lore/what hes heard is to be true. How something like that gets born is quite disgusting to him, and he's not a terribly religious person. They are monster-peoples, akin to beast-tribes. He wont go KKK on them, but I doubt many will ever get close to him. He will avoid where he can, though being as political as he is, be courteous when he must. This doesn't even cover their actual physical appearance.

With all that said, for better or worse, a female Au Ra is under Otto's wing after he fucking demolished her slaver male Au Ra. How they met wont be paraphrased here but after Otto practically killed the male for touching him and after that he told her she can work for him to build a new life or take some money and start a new life on her own. How that will work out, who knows. He openly treats her with bewilderment and is just unsure what to do "What on earth are you?" comes to his mind, but he's not vicious. The lizard tail and scales will never be something he settles fully.

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - Meena - 07-01-2015

My er, Lalafell, called one a voidsent and tried to slay it on sight. That.. went as well as one can expect.

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - Clover - 07-01-2015

I'm not really engaging in casual RP, but if I were, I think Clover would stare at them wide eyed, and would take long moments to observe them. I don't think she'd fear them unless they gave her reasons to; she'd only be very, very curious. If given the chance, she'd ask many questions.

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - Chill Man - 07-01-2015

"Meh."

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - Knight Kat - 07-01-2015

(07-01-2015, 05:00 AM)Chill Man Wrote: "Meh."

This.

People were already abundantly playing Au Ra even before Heavensward was released. Having Kiht show some profound reaction to them is exhausting by now.

She doesn't know much about them, she doesn't encounter too many so she doesn't much care anymore. She's too busy to stop and throw racism at the horned-people. There are wars and instability everywhere, and she's got her crazy family and Clan to support.

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - Blue - 07-01-2015

Jet'a is pretty xenophobic. He is worried not only that they are going to impact the economy and steal all the work, but that they also might bring forth a new primal, so close do they resemble beastmen in his mind.

RE: The Au-Ra immgration: How is your character taking it? - Leomoon - 07-01-2015

I haven't done any RP seeing as I just not but finished the story, I think Tana would really have no reaction other then wondering if there any good in a fight. Tana isn't much for race relations and more or less wonders about the strength behind someone will or punches.