Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gilgamesh RP dead in the water? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Gilgamesh RP dead in the water? (/showthread.php?tid=13755)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Gilgamesh RP dead in the water? - Virella - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 12:00 PM)Vyce Wrote: It seems my weekly avatar change came at a good time.

I'd like to point out that the subject of this thread; according to what I'm reading in the OP, is the state of RP activity on Gilgamesh and how one might find RP there. OP is new-ish, and has become used to the Balmung standard of hub RP, so seeking to deviate from the not-so-great Quicksand RP is a new avenue.

It is a little less than helpful to run through with guns firing and accusing people whose RP is currently hub-centric of laziness and excuse-making and a little more helpful to arm them with the knowledge of -how- to break from it.

So Virella, since you are immensely successful at maintaining a healthy RP routine outside of the Quicksand, inquiring minds would like to know what your methods are exactly~

Aside from the aforementioned not being lazy, what type of Guild do you have? Is it casual or Hardcore RP? How does your guild or group of friends keep RP flowing together?

((Edit: I'd like to add this motivational jpg))
[Image: knowledge_is_power.gif~c200]
Do you even read?

So don't tell me it isn't possible, and conjure up some pathetic excuse of "People don't have the luxury to do it", put in some effort yourself, find RPC posts for people looking for roleplay, make your own thread, PM people in game, find a RP FC, go to events.

And my FC is OOC /gasp

HOW ABOUT THAT? I DONT EVEN NEED A FC FOR ROLEPLAY ZOMG

mod note: user has been placed on post moderation for 24 hours.

RE: Gilgamesh RP dead in the water? - SicketySix - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 12:13 PM)Virella Douront Wrote: And my FC is OOC /gasp
Maybe for Virella it's OOC, but it's not an Avelyn since we're in the same FCTongue

RE: Gilgamesh RP dead in the water? - Ignacius - 10-05-2015

*sigh*

RE: Gilgamesh RP dead in the water? - Virella - 10-05-2015

(10-05-2015, 12:22 PM)SicketySix Wrote:
Maybe for Virella it's OOC, but it's not an Avelyn since we're in the same FCTongue
I fear I gotta disappoint you there,as I knew everyone but you and a few others OOC for months already on Virella : >

And Ave left, but that's a completely different topic I don't feel that should be addressed here in the open!

(10-05-2015, 12:27 PM)Virella Douront Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 12:22 PM)SicketySix Wrote:
I fear I gotta disappoint you there,as I knew everyone but you and a few others OOC for months already on Virella : >

And Ave left, but that's a completely different topic I don't feel that should be addressed here in the open!
Ahh I did not know that, and no problem. Didn't know you left.

(10-05-2015, 12:27 PM)Ignacius Wrote: *sigh*

I'll definitely get in touch with y'all sometime this week.

RE: Gilgamesh RP dead in the water? - TheBlob - 10-05-2015

Mmm, wooow.

Sharp, yes. Quite sharp. 

Anywho... I'm not familiar with the server, as I'm on Balmung, but I would still suggest posting on the Gilgamesh centered forums, they might point you a few directions that you weren't aware of. Outside of that, my best solution for finding RP on slow days is just RPing by myself and at people until someone takes the bait and engages with me. Might seem a bit silly but I've had good results!

(10-05-2015, 12:31 PM)SicketySix Wrote:

Sure, no problem!  Zip me a tell if you'd like or a PM here or on the Gilgamesh RP forums.  And if you're on Gilgamesh at all, /wave at Orleans Ignacius.  Even if we don't RP, I'm always down to help a brother or sister in need of a helping hand on content.

(10-05-2015, 12:32 PM)ShayRei Wrote: Mmm, wooow.

Sharp, yes. Quite sharp. 

Anywho... I'm not familiar with the server, as I'm on Balmung, but I would still suggest posting on the Gilgamesh centered forums, they might point you a few directions that you weren't aware of. Outside of that, my best solution for finding RP on slow days is just RPing by myself and at people until someone takes the bait and engages with me. Might seem a bit silly but I've had good results!
Well the original topic of this thread wasn't necessarily about finding RP as it's all over Balmung, but more the lack of rp at the Quicksand when I visited last night on Gilgamesh.

Than a distraction of Quicksand vs Non-Quicksand RP came about.

RE: Gilgamesh RP dead in the water? - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-05-2015

[[steps in with the mod hat]]

Yes, let's please try to keep the thread on-topic, not make jabs at each other, and keep it calm.

Users who find themselves unable to self-moderate will find themselves moderated.

Users are more than welcome to make a new thread about finding RP outside of hubs/towns/taverns. This thread is about finding/discovering RP [or the perceived lack of RP] on Gilgamesh.

[[takes off the mod hat and steps out]]

(10-05-2015, 12:35 PM)Ignacius Wrote:

Sure, no problem!  Zip me a tell if you'd like or a PM here or on the Gilgamesh RP forums.  And if you're on Gilgamesh at all, /wave at Orleans Ignacius.  Even if we don't RP, I'm always down to help a brother or sister in need of a helping hand on content.
Sounds like a plan, though I do have to come up with a character concept and all that jazz first. I may swing by website and see if anyone is looking for a connection that I can help them fill.

I'll be in touch!

(10-05-2015, 12:51 PM)SicketySix Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 12:35 PM)Ignacius Wrote:

Sounds like a plan, though I do have to come up with a character concept and all that jazz first. I may swing by website and see if anyone is looking for a connection that I can help them fill.

I'll be in touch!
Sometimes the best way to do that is to just walk in with a blank and see where it goes.  I'm always down for that.