Hydaelyn Role-Players
E3 stuff (benchmark, trailer, and more!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: E3 stuff (benchmark, trailer, and more!) (/showthread.php?tid=141)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Benchmark and opening CS revealed! - Guest - 06-16-2010

On High Res/Low Res I got: 1200/2450 (overflood of my full screen/windowed)?

Processor/Graphics Card/DDR2 RAM/OS: [My system age: 2.25 years]
Q6600 2.4GHz
Geforce 9600GT with 512RAM
2GB
Vista Business 32bit version.

Pointy-Eared Molly Wrote:My computer's like...only a year old. I think. I really hope it's good enough for ffxiv. Sad Computers become obsolete at the snap of a fingers and would really be disappointing as I'm getting excited about this game. Tongue

Computer's do not become obsolete that quickly. Yes, new items come out every couple of years, but software and hardware usually lag behind at a pretty good pace and games rarely utilize optimal capacity. I think all the new computers are being built with 6-8GB DDR2 now, but anything over 6GB is wasted right now at our current tech level. Heck, 4GB usually can get most if not all of the hardcore crap running smoothly. Gamewise, when you buy/build a new computer it should have playability for new games out to 5 years. I believe console games also rotate around every 5 years for playability (not positive on this number though).

Re: Benchmark and opening CS revealed! - Renaise - 06-16-2010

I managed a 3077 on low and a 2250 on high, looks like itll be ok Smile

Re: Benchmark and opening CS revealed! - Sunny Dove - 06-16-2010

Mythis Wrote:Sunny I think part of the issue is that the benchmark is windowed.. if it were in full screen we'd probably have much higher scores.

Maybe fullscreen will help but I'm still a bit concerned and confused. My computer is pretty solid in my opinion and only a month or so old. I retested my scores this morning: 876 high/1661 low. The high resolution did look admittedly choppy, which upsets me if that is how the game will run. I purchased this computer for my video editing and production but playing ffxiv at high settings was the only reason I went for a stronger video card. Here are my specs:

Intel i5 3.20 ghz (4 cores)
nvidia geforce gt230 with 1.5gb RAM
8GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

Re: E3 stuff (benchmark, trailer, and more!) - Kylin - 06-16-2010

FFXIV Core scored an interview with SE at E3. It is as follows:

Quote:Q. Will end game content contain more open area boss fights or will there be more focus on dungeons?

A. We do know the ending of the first story but of course we can't tell you what the ending of the story is. The story that will lead you to a secret area, but we can't reveal anything about that right now.

Q. Will classes have their own special sets of armor?

A. Yes, there will be because in FFXIV the equipment itself is going to be meaning more for the class the player is being. There will be high end equipments for that class.

Q. Is there going to be chocobo breeding and chocobo racing in this game?

A. For this Final Fantasy, chocobo have a unique place but we can't tell you anymore about them at this time. There will be more information closer to release.

Q. About how many classes do you plan on releasing in this game?

A. We will be introducing more classes even after the launch of the game, so it will be continuously increasing. It will depend on how development goes and how the users react to see how far we go. We already have tens of thousands and we should be able to impliment them at any time.

Q. Will there be player-owned land?

A. We will be making announcements shortly, so look forward to that. We are trying to impliment that so players can have something that they own.

Q. Do you intend to have things like guilds and guild banks for people to share?

A. For FFXI there was Linkshells and for FFXIV we will have Linkshells as well along with something like a higher level Linkshell system called a Company. In this Company, things you do will affect things you own in the game. Also, larger Companies will be able to have something like a community website that is more personallized that will display stats. There will be more information about this Company later on in development.

Q. Is there anything unique in this game? Anything that makes it stand out?

A. There are a few points about this game: The armory system and the guild link system. In the armory system you will be able to change you class or even create your own class and even learn your own abilities, which is something unique, we believe. The Guild Link system will allow people to play on their own or in a group if they want. We think it's a really good system.

Q. What kind of measures are you taking to prevent the RMT (Real Money Trade)?

A. We will not accept any real currency in exchange for in-game currency, we will forbid it by agreements. We all contiuously work with operations teams to help prevent it.

Q. Will there any type of achievements or trophies to show off defeated bosses or special things done?

A. Yes, we do have a lot of plans. For example, for some quests there will be special rewards. You might be able to get special title depending on what you do, there will be several different things you can get to show off what you've done.

Q. Is there anything else you would like to tell the players and fans about the game?

A. We are pleased to announce the beta verson coming out soon. In this beta version, there is a new system called a Retainer, which means players will be able to leave their character or avatar so they will be able to enjoy the game while their offline and people will be able to see them.

Also from a community standpoint, comments and suggestions we've recieved from the alpha were very helpful and we want the players know that the game has evolved a lot and we will continue to look forward to comments and suggestions in the beta. We also plan to open the beta window much wider so we can have more people try the game and test it.

Re: E3 stuff (benchmark, trailer, and more!) - Eva - 06-16-2010

Finally got around to running the Benchmark this morning before work, a few times actually. First pass was with several apps open (half dozen firefox tabs, photoshop, digsby, and a couple others - stuff I normally leave open). Scores were H:2417 L:4209. Rebooted the PC and ran both benchmarks again and I think I squeezed maybe an extra 20 points out of each, if that. Prior to first test, PC hadn't been rebooted since Saturday. lol

Also there's a ton of different masks - not really sure why so many. And yeah, some of them look a bit creepy.

Finally:
Quote:A. For FFXI there was Linkshells and for FFXIV we will have Linkshells as well along with something like a higher level Linkshell system called a Company. In this Company, things you do will affect things you own in the game. Also, larger Companies will be able to have something like a community website that is more personallized that will display stats. There will be more information about this Company later on in development.
I'm intrigued by this... :o

Re: E3 stuff (benchmark, trailer, and more!) - Varov - 06-16-2010

Quote:A. For FFXI there was Linkshells and for FFXIV we will have Linkshells as well along with something like a higher level Linkshell system called a Company. In this Company, things you do will affect things you own in the game. Also, larger Companies will be able to have something like a community website that is more personallized that will display stats. There will be more information about this Company later on in development.

So, with that... I've decided to apply to start a guild Wink Aetheryte Holdings LTD - it's actually an idea I was tossing around and when I saw that Company idea in the interview, I've decided to go with it. Hopefully I get approved!

Re: E3 stuff (benchmark, trailer, and more!) - Eva - 06-16-2010

Not Whiskeyjack's House of Crappe? lol

Re: E3 stuff (benchmark, trailer, and more!) - Nanapariri - 06-16-2010

Well some file isn't installing so I can't run the benchmark apparently....

Re: E3 stuff (benchmark, trailer, and more!) - Zakrin - 06-16-2010

I'm having the same issues as Tsumi... so... yea.

Re: E3 stuff (benchmark, trailer, and more!) - Jakky - 06-16-2010

Is it dxd9_41 or something? I had that problem. All you need to do is download the direct X files form microsoft.com. Google the file name.

I got 250... Gonna need to upgrade.

Re: E3 stuff (benchmark, trailer, and more!) - Kylin - 06-16-2010

According to a recently translated Famitsu article, the next testing phase begins in about one month.

Quote:Tanaka: The beta version we're showing at E3 is nearly complete and should be ready to be made public soon. Currently, we're still debugging. Once alpha tests finish this week and we return to Japan, we will begin preparations for the start of beta testing. It's not set in stone, but I think I'll need to make everyone wait for one more month.

Edit: In addition, Sony has apparently added FF14 to PS3's "Greatest Hits" list already >.>

Re: E3 stuff (benchmark, trailer, and more!) - Smiling River - 06-16-2010

No release date yet?

Re: E3 stuff (benchmark, trailer, and more!) - DAISHI - 06-17-2010

Does my computer suck?

Intel Quad Core @ 2.66 GHZ
6 Gigs of Ram
Nvida GeForce 9500 GS

Getting 700 on low resolution.

Re: E3 stuff (benchmark, trailer, and more!) - Kylin - 06-17-2010

Due to the fact that anything could go wrong during beta, we likely won't get a release date until about 1-2 months beforehand at most.

If your score is anything less than 1,500, you probably won't be able to play the game too well. Especially when you factor in server lag (and there will be lag in the beginning since everyone will be crammed into the starting zones). My low score of 200 is no doubt a result of my not-so-updated graphics card but not sure if that's the same for anyone else with low scores. I'd suggest downloading all the latest drivers on your card's site if you haven't yet (some of the new drivers were literally just released yesterday). If you still get less than 1,500, you'll likely either need to upgrade for a better play experience or focus on the PS3 version for now. SE said before that this would be a high end game and it's clearly resetting graphical standards for PC. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to have to start on PS3 as a result (no way I can afford $300-500 upgrades right now lol).

Also, the interview about beta I posted above was apparently botched. Not the first time Core has botched such translations so I wouldn't be surprised >.>. Here's what people are saying the actual beta response was:

Quote:-- So when will the beta test begin?

[Tanaka] The version we're showing now has pretty much all the systems it should; I think it'll be ready shortly. We're currently debugging and such. The plan is to temporarily end the alpha test this week and immediately begin preparing to start the beta test upon returning to Japan. There might be a gap, but I don't think you'll have to wait a month.

Obviously, that last line makes a huge difference. Meaning it'll be -less- than a month before the next phase. Also, alpha testers: These next few tests are apparently your last so use them wisely (though I think you get to move on to the next beta phase)!

Re: E3 stuff (benchmark, trailer, and more!) - Sunny Dove - 06-17-2010

Thanks for notifying us of new drivers out Cas. I was able to update my card and gained about 200 score on each test. At least I know on medium-low settings I should have a fluid experience. I think I'm still going to upgrade my card to a Geforce GTX 470. I only own an xbox 360 so why mess with a PS3 when I can buy the 2nd best nvidia card for the same price and have a better experience? Heh.