Hydaelyn Role-Players
Difficult to fit in. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Difficult to fit in. (/showthread.php?tid=14324)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Difficult to fit in. - DanteScaeva - 11-18-2015

Oh I have loads of ideas in my head, I know how I want my character to be portrayed but my aim is to have him develop overtime, I personally think its better to start off that way instead of having everything mapped out but have goals that kinda thing if it makes sense.
But I appreciate what everyone has I said, I really mean it <:

RE: Difficult to fit in. - Sana - 11-18-2015

Also, stick your head into people's RP houses:

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=7491

I can tell you I've gotten RP from that pretty consistently because people specifically listed their houses as RP locations. I've had folks come back to their house because I messaged them to see if the location was open.

It works! Just come up with any reason! Looking for armor, weapons, clothes, food, potions, a new marlboro plushie to sleep with? Stick your head in a RP house and go asking about for it.

Hell, maybe you're drunk and you kicked in the wrong door by mistake!  Either way it's been an easy way to get RP for me when nothing else is forthcoming.

RE: Difficult to fit in. - Lost River - 11-18-2015

Well, I don't mind walk-ups at all. Both lighthearted and mature roleplaying. Everyone needs a hug from a tall Roe lady. ^_^

RE: Difficult to fit in. - Paradox - 11-18-2015

This world needs more Femroe, and hugs from them. I endorse this a hundred percent.

As for finding RP, or finding it difficult to fit in, I agree, it can be. I have a bevy of characters from all different walks who have approached all different types and been blown off. Not even IC, as in it'd be nice even if someone said 'hey, butt out/go somewhere else' or something in character, but just ignored. One thing about open world RP is examine people and see if they have 'walks ups' in their description. Those are good places to start. If you see me in the world on A'rklonn, feel free to walk up and say something. Or do something. Maybe he looks like someone with a bounty on them. Maybe he looks rich, and you want to bum some gil. Maybe you think he's the guy that slept with your wife or your sister. (Hell, he might be, he's kind of a womanizer). Or maybe you just like his shirt and want to tell him. I try to acknowledge anyone that comes up to me unless I'm super busy or afk.

As for joining an FC, I recommend joining one to meet more people, but don't consider an FC as the be-all end-all. A lot of FCs kind of stick to themselves and don't do much in the outside world, so I recommend finding one that hosts open events open to other players and other FCs on a continual basis than one that is fully self contained, as this will find you more people to network with. Just my two gil.

RE: Difficult to fit in. - Nebbs - 11-18-2015

Well.. though things are in a lul at the moment I would say just keep trying.

Come join us in Hugs & Cake, which is really about supportive folk and focuses on Role-playing.

RE: Difficult to fit in. - DanteScaeva - 11-18-2015

Oh don't worry, I'm not gonna stop trying I can assure you that <:
But I'd be more than happy to join, but is there actually cake? Or is it a lie?

RE: Difficult to fit in. - Jonexe - 11-18-2015

All the ideas to join an FC are great, but there's another avenue a lot of people don't think about... events! People on the RPC hold all kinds of events; from one off festivals to weekly taverns. Take advantage of them! 

The people there are there to RP. By being at the event you have something in common with everyone else around you. You can the event as a spring board for topics to talk about. It doesn't take much to make comments about what you're seeing/hearing/experiencing, and other will likely comment in return. It's an excellent chance to strike up RP with random folks.

RE: Difficult to fit in. - Sahja Elahka - 11-18-2015

And you can always keep an eye on people running stories, Rp in the forum itself is nice, and there are almost always people who post the footnotes of what happens in game RP here so people can join in.

RE: Difficult to fit in. - Zhavi - 11-18-2015

(11-18-2015, 04:23 PM)Vinland Wrote: Oh I have loads of ideas in my head, I know how I want my character to be portrayed but my aim is to have him develop overtime, I personally think its better to start off that way instead of having everything mapped out but have goals that kinda thing if it makes sense.
But I appreciate what everyone has I said, I really mean it <:

I meant for the immediate rp. Maybe there is a lost npc who needs to be guided. Maybe someone is looking for a job, needs some advice, whatever. Maybe someone just got cheated by a merchant.

If you just roll up with a 'hi, I'm ___, you seem interesting." and have nothing else to go on, usually not a lot happens.