Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Host Club | Rendezvous | November Opening! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] Host Club | Rendezvous | November Opening! (/showthread.php?tid=14354)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Host Club | Rendezvous | November Opening! - Khunbish Avagnar - 11-29-2015

Ahem...

A host club is essentially, a place where you can have a host basically sit down and be your confidant and friend while having a meal, think of it as having a best friend that is (hopefully) outside your social circle, a lot of people that use them aren't necessarily single looking to hook up, but people who are in need of someone to talk to that is outside of their situation.

It is a form of informal therapy, some people use them to bounce ideas and will see the same host or hostess repeatedly because they build rapport and can genuinely form bonds of friendship.

RE: Host Club | Rendezvous | November Opening! - Maia - 11-29-2015

Haha, it's interesting to see a Guest's point of view! But yes, while we do have a handful of flirtatious Hosts, most are just nice conversationalists. ... and a couple are not-so-nice conversationalists. Wink

Each Host and Hostess really has their own set of traits, skills, and motives, so it really can be a different experience every time!

(11-29-2015, 11:09 AM)Maia Wrote: Haha, it's interesting to see a Guest's point of view! But yes, while we do have a handful of flirtatious Hosts, most are just nice conversationalists. ... and a couple are not-so-nice conversationalists. Wink

Each Host and Hostess really has their own set of traits, skills, and motives, so it really can be a different experience every time!
Honestly, I was going off the base concept of a host club, and the information I could find about the real ones in Japan. Of course even in that individuals can stray and things can happen. heh. Still a fun event! Has helped with my prior character and his early plot lines!

RE: Host Club | Rendezvous | November Opening! - Maril - 11-29-2015

(11-29-2015, 12:44 AM)Maia Wrote: Aw, what a stand up guy that Vahl is! You all heard the gent - just forward your tab accordingly! Wink (I'mKiddingPleaseDoNotMurderMeIJustWorkHere.)

(The final word is that we're not a brothel. We're not, I swear! But we serve really fancy food at least! And that's still super cool, right guys?

... Guys?

.. ;A; )

As a multi-return guest, I can confirm that there is no brothel-y tones going about, though I do remember a certain lalafell who did his darn best to make Nailah blush up. All good fun! I'll be attending tonight for sure Smile

RE: Host Club | Rendezvous | November Opening! - Flora - 11-29-2015

Today today today today! Cactuar Host club is today!

And Aiswynd, I'm so glad to hear you've had an awesome time at host club! My favourite par about it, too, is that a guest can just come on in, and select anyone they'd like to have a one-on-one rp session with! So for developing a new character, I think it's ideal, because you don't have to go fishing for walkups or anything! Big Grin

@Aiswynd: Yes, that's true! I did a lot of research regarding Host Clubs in Japan before bringing the concept together. From there, the details were voted on and determined by the individual characters and their IC choices, so it's become a unique entity in a way!

@Nailah: We'll be happy to see you again! Hooray! And, just to guess, was that Lalafell's moniker Knight? Sounds like something he might do. Wink

@Flora: Your cactaurs are always appreciated. ♥

RE: Host Club | Rendezvous | November Opening! - Maril - 11-29-2015

(11-29-2015, 01:03 PM)Maia Wrote: @Aiswynd: Yes, that's true! I did a lot of research regarding Host Clubs in Japan before bringing the concept together. From there, the details were voted on and determined by the individual characters and their IC choices, so it's become a unique entity in a way!

@Nailah: We'll be happy to see you again! Hooray! And, just to guess, was that Lalafell's moniker Knight? Sounds like something he might do. Wink

@Flora: Your cactaurs are always appreciated. ♥

Yep, it very much was! Big Grin

RE: Host Club | Rendezvous | November Opening! - Fandris - 11-29-2015

Event hype! This'll be my first time hosting, and I'm really excited! If you come, I hope you enjoy yourself! Maia works very hard to get things up and running, and to make sure everyone enjoys themselves!

OH YEA! Thanks for mentioning the new host thing, so I know who are the new hosts! I want to make sure I pick one of them instead of a regular so they are definitely able to get a chance to RP, well at least one is for sure ^^

Yayayay! Event starting in 15 minutes and Balmung seems to be working again! Please feel free to come see us. Big Grin

RE: Host Club | Rendezvous | November Opening! - Akiko - 11-29-2015

The service was a little bit rushed, with a little under and hour in time with the host, but it was otherwise pleasant. It seemed that it was busy enough to force hosts to drop clients in favor of new ones.

Thank you all for coming to this month's Host Club! Sorry we ran out of Hosts at one point, but next month we'll be bolstering our ranks! Big Grin

It was great fun yet again! Truly enjoyable and an honor! Moogle

(11-29-2015, 06:41 PM)Maia Wrote: Thank you all for coming to this month's Host Club! Sorry we ran out of Hosts at one point, but next month we'll be bolstering our ranks! Big Grin

It was great fun yet again! Truly enjoyable and an honor! Moogle

Oh ho? really now as in hirings?

(11-29-2015, 06:38 PM)Akiko Wrote: The service was a little bit rushed, with a little under and hour in time with the host, but it was otherwise pleasant. It seemed that it was busy enough to force hosts to drop clients in favor of new ones.

Yes, we were a little bit understaffed this time - it's very hard to predict how many people will be coming to us. Apologies if it felt somewhat brisk, but I'm happy to hear it was otherwise pleasant!

As mentioned, we're already taking measures to fill the ranks with more Hosts to improve things next time. ♥

RE: Host Club | Rendezvous | November Opening! - Akiko - 11-29-2015

(11-29-2015, 06:45 PM)Maia Wrote:
(11-29-2015, 06:38 PM)Akiko Wrote: The service was a little bit rushed, with a little under and hour in time with the host, but it was otherwise pleasant. It seemed that it was busy enough to force hosts to drop clients in favor of new ones.

Yes, we were a little bit understaffed this time - it's very hard to predict how many people will be coming to us. Apologies if it felt somewhat brisk, but I'm happy to hear it was otherwise pleasant!

As mentioned, we're already taking measures to fill the ranks with more Hosts to improve things next time. ♥

Oh it's fine. You all have to do what you have to do. No hard feelings at all, it just came a little suddenly, mid conversation. In hindsight, an hour makes sense from a business standpoint, if not so much from an RP standpoint.