Hydaelyn Role-Players
Blade and Soul RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Blade and Soul RP (/showthread.php?tid=14608)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Blade and Soul RP - ɴᴘᴄ - 12-14-2015

Hm. Kind of disappointing to see the classes I'd like to try bring restricted to Lyn. Guess I will sit this game out.

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Caspar - 12-14-2015

I might try it sometime if it is ftp for a trial when i have a pc that can run it. The racial limitations are an enormous letdown. I loved TERA's combat though so it's worth a shot especially for the wuxia stule RP I yearn for, even if it's not quite as good for that as Age of Wulin, the actual jianghu MMO I really want to try.

RE: Blade and Soul RP - -no longer matters- - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 07:23 PM)Caspar Wrote: I might try it sometime if it is ftp for a trial when i have a pc that can run it. The racial limitations are an enormous letdown. I loved TERA's combat though so it's worth a shot especially for the wuxia stule RP I yearn for, even if it's not quite as good for that as Age of Wulin, the actual jianghu MMO I really want to try.
It's F2P out of the gate. Big Grin I think the combat once you start getting into the block and counter mechanics is a lot deeper and more fun than Tera's!

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Steel Wolf - 12-14-2015

Personally, I found the game's combat to be the closest to a fighting game that an MMO could ever aspire to. Or, for the sake of comparisons, the best iteration of DCUO's combat model I've personally played.

Take that as one will.

As for the world? It does feel SUUUUUUPER themeparky and not very compelling. Damn pretty, but not compelling. Ideally, the RP would fill that gap. From what little of it I got in my stint in TERA, that helped a bit.

Ultimately, this one looks like a bucket of mental popcorn for me--a fun snack to derpiboo around with. Not a whole lot deeper than that. If I can find some characters or people to make it stickier, then awesome.

(12-14-2015, 07:52 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Personally, I found the game's combat to be the closest to a fighting game that an MMO could ever aspire to. Or, for the sake of comparisons, the best iteration of DCUO's combat model I've personally played.

Take that as one will.

As for the world? It does feel SUUUUUUPER themeparky and not very compelling. Damn pretty, but not compelling. Ideally, the RP would fill that gap. From what little of it I got in my stint in TERA, that helped a bit.

Ultimately, this one looks like a bucket of mental popcorn for me--a fun snack to derpiboo around with. Not a whole lot deeper than that. If I can find some characters or people to make it stickier, then awesome.
Admittedly, I'm mainly going for PvP, (The PvE is pretty good to, the dungeons I've gotten to do so far were awesome.) If a good RP community springs up and engrosses me further into the game awesome. As for the game story it really isn't bad, but the localization team are butchering it. I know there are some mods for the Korean and Japanese voices. and and English subtitle mod, from the foreign clients you can install to get the real story.

NC Soft also did an amazing Musical at the BnS World Tourney this past year.
[youtube]BpU__y0FOnQ[/youtube]

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Dogberry - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 07:52 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Ultimately, this one looks like a bucket of mental popcorn for me--a fun snack to derpiboo around with. Not a whole lot deeper than that. If I can find some characters or people to make it stickier, then awesome.

This is where I'm at more or less. I think the more compelling RP would come from a PVP war of role players. The world itself seems paper thin, so a lot of the PVE RP a lot of people do (myself included) will feel pretty hollow. But an IC war between characters? That would be a refreshing diversion.

RE: Blade and Soul RP - ProvaDiServo - 12-14-2015

I'd be down for it, if the game hit ps4 >.>

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Kurt S. - 12-14-2015

Oh god boobs and soul.

I just looooove loove love the combat and punishing people when I turtle up as a blade master. 

Though I will admit wearing the blue team uniform got me my ass handed to me a dozen or so times. Hopefully the Crimson Legion doesn't get full from the get go. I mean in the closed beta they kind of did just fill up so fast and then started camping the exit of the starting village. Dozens of people just waiting for fresh prey in blue to step out and drop the almighty on.

Won't lie though I've seen 'RP' pop up in like region chat a fair dozen times running around farming the graveyard boss for his costume. Bloody what's his face. Before remembering there was a main story that needed doing

Still though pvp rp and everyone flying around would look cool.

And probably lag me to the seventh hell with all the lag spikes that may come with it.

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Parth Makeo - 12-14-2015

i want to try it but...beta buy in spells disaster to me usually. It's not affording it but rather enticing people who normally do not  do the normal beta thing of testing and what not to get goodies for a game they may barely play. Pre-orders are one thing but making it where you can't get the items they list on the beta invitation site through other means is kind of a (and pardon my language) Dick move in the industry.

So far it looks good and i eagerly wait for the live version. Just...I hate buy in betas.

(12-14-2015, 09:18 PM)ProvaDiServo Wrote: I'd be down for it, if the game hit ps4 >.>
You totes need to get a gaming rig!!! You'd love this game!!!

RE: Blade and Soul RP - ProvaDiServo - 12-16-2015

(12-14-2015, 10:21 PM)War Siren Wrote:
(12-14-2015, 09:18 PM)ProvaDiServo Wrote: I'd be down for it, if the game hit ps4 >.>
You totes neex to get a gaming rig!!! You'd love this gane!!!

Nope. I'm good.

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Sylentmana - 12-18-2015

I'm looking forward to the game. I got invited to the betas but it won't let me download the game unless I assign it to an empty drive. I don't have any empty drives and I'm not going to delete a whole batch of games just to play the beta of one.

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Vyce - 12-18-2015

I'd have played for the sexy men but I can't stand race and gender restrictions.

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Pascaleret - 12-19-2015

(12-18-2015, 02:59 PM)Vyce Wrote: I'd have played for the sexy men but I can't stand race and gender restrictions.

...at least they don't restrict costumes/town gear like SE does? ┐(。_°)┌

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Bleeding Night - 12-19-2015

If it's F2P, I'll give it a shot. Why not.