Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! (/showthread.php?tid=15439)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Gen Quickpaw - 03-12-2016

This launches in about 4 hours, Hope we'll be a great turnout, and that I'll be awake to see it!

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Anton Borneheld - 03-12-2016

Bar night is going on NOOOOOOOOOOW. Going until everyone's either dead, dying, or.. Well, unable to stand up straight!

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Anton Borneheld - 03-15-2016

So, given the turnout of the last open night, we've decided (and yes, this is with a small sample size, shhh) that we're going to be doing every other Sunday night, so that we don't run at the same time as the other bi-weekly Sunday event, Mhaya Bajihri's Triple Triad tournament.

Which of course also means that every go-round at the bar will have a bigger prize pool for whatever the contest of the day is!

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Anton Borneheld - 03-20-2016

Just so folks know, tonight is another open bar night! Come have fun, partake in our drinking games or bawdry contests and win something.. Or just come to socialize! We'll be open from 9pm EST until the last person staggers out the door!

Specials!
Food: Fried Octomammoth!
Hope you're hungry, this sucker's big. Each serving consists of either a head portion, which comes in small chopped-up chunks, fried down to serve as pseudo-meatballs.. Or a tentacle portion, cut up into slabs and quickly batter-fried to lock in that chewy texture, while still giving you a delightful crunch!

Drink: Anything spicy!
Now, this doesn't mean just the hot stuff. We've got a house-brew spiced rum, plenty of dragonsfire liqueur, and several drinks that can be made.. With peppers! Okay, so yes, mostly hot stuff.

Contest!
Part one: Jokes!
Bad jokes. Like, terrible jokes. That doesn't mean dirty jokes, it means.. Well, bad jokes. Like.. What do you call someone who points out the obvious? Someone who points out the obvious. The joke that has people groaning the most, crowd pick, gets it's owner a small cash prize and a free round of drinks as chosen by them!
Part two: Drinks!
With the amusing success of the last drinking contest, it makes sense throw down another hangover-and-bad-idea inducing game of shots. On the one hand, you'll get plenty of free drinks.. But on the other, you've gotta drink until you're out cold! Or just, y'know, unable to stand up anymore. Certainly, a cash prize is to be had.. But there exists rumors of something more delectable hiding around there--Maybe something from the mystical, magical.. Moogle Shop! ohboy.

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Anton Borneheld - 03-21-2016

Rousing success, albeit saddening when everyone left after the joke contest! We went straight into the drinking contest, which ended up flooring three people pretty quick.

Maybe next time, we'll get people to stick around longer so we can have a bigger drink-off!

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Maril - 03-21-2016

Was a great night! Sadly 4am and sleepiness came crawling way too soon for me ._. I'll look forward to the next one.

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Gen Quickpaw - 03-22-2016

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=15616&pid=249223#pid249223

Just a small heads up, we now have a linkshell for the bar, not only for the big events, but also a chance for you to poke and prod at us to man the bar, if we have staff available to rp, among other things!

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Anton Borneheld - 03-30-2016

Just a heads up, another bar night coming up this Sunday.. Opening early! 4pm PST... For the europeans, since people have apparently been telling other people [ not me, who runs this shindig ] who have then told me that I need to boot it up earlier so the sneaky sneaky european folks can get in and have fun, too.

We're also going to try something crazy and impose a cutoff time. 12am PST. Be there or be square, fellows!

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Accendie - 03-31-2016

(03-30-2016, 11:51 PM)Anton Borneheld Wrote: Just a heads up, another bar night coming up this Sunday.. Opening early! 4pm PST... For the europeans, since people have apparently been telling other people [ not me, who runs this shindig ] who have then told me that I need to boot it up earlier so the sneaky sneaky european folks can get in and have fun, too.

We're also going to try something crazy and impose a cutoff time. 12pm PST. Be there or be square, fellows!

i hope you mean 12am (midnight)... 12 pm would be noon the next day... ;-)

I'll update this sunday's times on the calendar. maybe one of these days I'll actually be able to swing by.

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Anton Borneheld - 04-01-2016

Oh jam. I thought I got all of those. Yeah, it's supposed to be AM, not PM, I don't have the lasting power to handle a big ol' crowd of crazy drunks for 20 hours on~

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Kiipa Nulstat - 04-03-2016

We're open right now! Joke contest starts in half an hour or so (give or take) with a drinking game later on! Come on down, bring your friends! Ward 6, Plot 12, Goblet!

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Gen Quickpaw - 04-10-2016

Due to a seeming lack of events this fine Sunday, MM-RP has decided to have a bar night tonight! @8PM EST, do hope to see you there!

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Gen Quickpaw - 04-11-2016

Glad to see such a turnout on an improvised event! hope we gained a possible regular or two!
If you wish for more updates when the bar might be staffed on non-event nights, Whisper me (gen quickpaw) Anton Borneheld, or Kiipa Nulstat for an invite to our bar linkshell!

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Maril - 04-17-2016

The next Sword & Skillet night is in an hour! Looking forward to seeing people ^_^

RE: [Balmung] Sword & Skillet: Regular nights, at last! - Gabineaux - 04-17-2016

Oh no I'm gonna be late! I love your tavern!