Hydaelyn Role-Players
Shivi's Art Stuff - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Shivi's Art Stuff (/showthread.php?tid=1574)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: Shivi's Art Stuff - TheLastCandle - 01-21-2013

That looks amazing. It's late, I'm sleepy, and all I can articulate at the moment is: you rock! Thanks for the sketch. Smile

Re: Shivi's Art Stuff - Mtoto Wamoto - 01-21-2013

I love your stuff! I really adore your coloring style with traditional mediums. I always think there's a certain beauty in the dedication and commitment that people put into their work when working with tools that aren't digital. While I don't do many pieces with pen and paper as I'd like nowadays, I try to keep up with it in my sketchbooks as practice so I don't completely lose it now that I'm on a digital canvas %90 of the time. Your work makes me want to get my microns out of the old pen box and try my hand at inking again. Lovely stuff as always. ^^

Re: Shivi's Art Stuff - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 01-21-2013

Once again, I'm happy you're happy Teveriel! Hope you can find some use for it.

And -your- work makes me want to learn how to use a tablet better, Mtoto. Once I get another, I'm going to give it a shot, but markers seem to be working out so much better... Q_Q Well. They're coming along.

If I still have your permission, I'm going to try to draw Mto next.

And speaking of which--

Aysun! The first post in this thread is edited with your picture. Hope you like it. I used the bard concept sketch for the clothes idea-- but clothes she has. It's almost 6 am so...sleepy time for me.

Re: Shivi's Art Stuff - Mtoto Wamoto - 01-21-2013

Of course! I'd love to see your interpretation of Mtoto! If you need any reference pics, don't hesitate to ask. I have hundreds of them on my desktop. lol.

Re: Shivi's Art Stuff - Moltove - 01-21-2013

Like it was already touched on, there's something to be said for the older style of art that digital art can't make a scratch on. You see more in the artist with pencil/ink/markers than with digital art.

Thank you, Molt, and Mtoto, I could use one or two ref pictures, please. Uploading my list.

Re: Shivi's Art Stuff - Deirdre - 01-21-2013

Sio I would LOVE to have a little sketchy done by you! I love the fact there are so many artists here in the community! >.<!
(If you need any references, check my wiki there are plenty~!)

I'm not sure when I'll be able to start but I can throw it on up there, Miss Deid. I'm interested in trying my hand at your character anyhow.

And I'm going to add to that first main post that if anyone wants their sketch colored, they can always pay me later or just do an art trade with me like Aysun did.

Re: Shivi's Art Stuff - Deirdre - 01-21-2013

>.<! Yayyyyyyy so excited~! No rush at all either~! Big Grin

I'll probably pass out if I try to rush myself like I did yesterday... But I'll probably rush myself like I did yesterday. =3=

Re: Shivi's Art Stuff - Aysun - 01-21-2013

:o Love it. HOW U DO WITH NO DIGITAL! That's crazy. The shading. It's lovely! Thank you~ (PS I see nothing wrong with the skintone)

I'm still in the planning stages on yours and hope to start tonight after I study today. Smile I don't know how you draw so much/fast!

I use Prismacolor markers and layer colors while the ink is still wet to make them blend better.

And my speediness-- it's really only when I'm 'in the zone' so to speak. I can sit for like 8 hours and just stare at a piece of paper while I'm working with no breaks. I don't think it's healthy.

I'm soooo happy you like it.

Moltove's piece is finished (see first post on thread). Gonna start work on Mtoto's sometime today.

Re: Shivi's Art Stuff - Moltove - 01-21-2013

*grins and wiggles his toes in excitement!*

Very nice job on Molt, you captured him perfectly =) Very nice detailing for just 2.5 hours, I have to admit. I think you're on the right track for your goals.

I need to get them down to 30-45 minutes!