Hydaelyn Role-Players
Who have you met from video games? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Who have you met from video games? (/showthread.php?tid=16741)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Who have you met from video games? - As'elena - 07-17-2016

Nobody Sad

RE: Who have you met from video games? - Fox - 07-17-2016

I met my S.O. through a roleplay realm in yahoo chat; I had been playing a World of Darkness garou (werewolf) and he was playing a Dark Magician character from Yu-gi-Oh. Lmao... It was a much different time; such were the ways of the "Golden Age" of yahoo roleplay.
We've been together since January 2003.

RE: Who have you met from video games? - Freaja - 07-17-2016

I met my husband, Az, as well as a friend, Nathan Telluride, when we all played TOR. I've also met Kiaera, the woman who plays my char's twin, and her husband while they were on a trip to FL. We had such a blast, we're hoping to be able to do it again now that we live closer to them.

RE: Who have you met from video games? - Martiallais - 07-17-2016

Soooo many folks, though mostly from City of Heroes largely because my supergroup (guild) has a yearly meet up that we've done three times now. A few of us also live in around the same-ish area of/around NC so we sometimes get together for comic movies and other events. I've also met a number of my old WoW guildies.

From the FF community I've met both Trisselle Ganathain (some years ago) and more recently Solenne Lagarde (who I'll be seeing again when Suicide Squad comes out in a couple weeks). Big Grin And as RC said, if FanFest pans out I'll be making a point of seeing a LOT of Balmung folks I've not met too.

RE: Who have you met from video games? - Solenne - 07-17-2016

I met my ex-husband through FFXI, which, eh. Mixed blessing there. As Martiallais mention, I've gotten to meet him, and we're going to meet up again to see Suicide Squad together. And in November I'm flying to New York to meet two (maybe 3!) of my FC friends, so I'm really looking forward to that. No FanFest for me this year, but maybe next year? There are so many Balmung peeps I want to meet.

RE: Who have you met from video games? - Faye - 07-17-2016

(07-17-2016, 09:00 PM)Martiallais Wrote: From the FF community I've met both Trisselle Ganathain (some years ago) and more recently Solenne Lagarde (who I'll be seeing again when Suicide Squad comes out in a couple weeks). Big Grin

Whaaaat, really? Iirc I live near-ish Solenne.

(07-17-2016, 09:22 PM)Faye Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 09:00 PM)Martiallais Wrote: From the FF community I've met both Trisselle Ganathain (some years ago) and more recently Solenne Lagarde (who I'll be seeing again when Suicide Squad comes out in a couple weeks). Big Grin

Yeeeep! Aside from Solenne, I've another online friend (from back in my GW2 days) who lives in the same area and one of my best friends lives in Raleigh. So I'm up that way at least once every few months, sometimes more depending.

(07-17-2016, 09:23 PM)Martiallais Wrote:

Yeeeep! Aside from Solenne, I've another online friend (from back in my GW2 days) who lives in the same area and one of my best friends lives in Raleigh. So I'm up that way at least once every few months, sometimes more depending.

Oh nice, I'm in Durham Big Grin

(07-17-2016, 09:25 PM)Faye Wrote:

I'm slowly but surely getting used to at least GPS'ing around there haha. Big Grin I'm not sure what your schedule's like but we could totally hang out sometime if you want.

(07-17-2016, 09:30 PM)Martiallais Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 09:25 PM)Faye Wrote:

I'm slowly but surely getting used to at least GPS'ing around there haha. Big Grin I'm not sure what your schedule's like but we could totally hang out sometime if you want.

It's okay, I rely 100% on my GPS. I'd be totally lost without it. I've got family coming in soon so I'll be mostly busy for the rest of the month, but after that I'm free pretty much whenever.

RE: Who have you met from video games? - GhostlyMaiden - 07-17-2016

Yooo, i'm in NC too! (We've had this conversation before xD)

Although it was breif, I met Faye back in May at a con.

Let's just have our own Fanfest for poor people in NC.

RE: Who have you met from video games? - Mae - 07-18-2016

Met X'elo originally through the old Sega of America forums back when PSO ep1&2 still had Gamecube servers, years later he was a guest at my wedding and we've had a couple other vacations/extended visits. 

Met another friend from PSO that I'd kept in contact with a couple years ago -- husband and I were driving through Statesville NC to do a delivery in... Georgia, I think, and we had some spare time.

Met two guildmates from WoW over eight years ago, when husband, friend, husband's little sister, and I decided to call out sick from work/school and take a trip down to NYC for a book signing.

RE: Who have you met from video games? - Momoka - 07-18-2016

LESSEE, from FFXIV Ive met Llaine Tetheros, and have currently found myself romantically entangled with Nathan Telluride, who came to my superior side of the country to visit for a week. we had a gREAT TIME! And I got to show him the wonders of Indian food, idk how hed never had it before. Ive met a TON of my old wow friends IRL, at least 15 of them. One of them lives in portland, just a three hours drive away so I see her often, which is nice. Met a ton of others when I lived in Canada, and I even went to Sweden at one point in time to meet a wow friend. that was rad. People Id like to meet are probably Martiallais, my oldest in game friend <3 and I THINK Barengar and I are planning to get drinks soon. Im also planning a trip down to Norcal to see my friends Valentinoix and Ysefia from my FC Smile

slight edit: going to houston in the spring to see my FC leader Jin Mizuha and friend Elrian Dron, thats gunna be dope as hell.

RE: Who have you met from video games? - Martiallais - 07-18-2016

(07-17-2016, 10:41 PM)GhostlyMaiden Wrote: Yooo, i'm in NC too! (We've had this conversation before xD)

Although it was brief, I met Faye back in May at a con.

(07-17-2016, 11:15 PM)Faye Wrote: Let's just have our own Fanfest for poor people in NC.

NC meetup gooooooo! Because of moving my summer got a bit backloaded so I'll be back and forth between Asheville & Raleigh a few weekends then off to vaycay in Florida. So...maybe end of August/beginning-ish of September if that works? We can work it out for sure though. Smile

Also yus, we shall have to hang Moonster, one day when I'm back on that side of the country.