Hydaelyn Role-Players
A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis (/showthread.php?tid=17253)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - Kilieit - 09-19-2016

I think the only thing I'd reasonably ask for is don't try to get them on patch day if you already have a house?

Like... after the initial rush we can see how many (if any) are left over. We can see how the addition of new apartments to each building works. We can make an informed decision of what to do based on our particular brand of alt-itis or the particular idea we had for an apartment vs existing house.

Leave the patch-day rush to people who've never got to play with owning property in the housing system before? If it is indeed that we won't have to worry about availability, then it won't be much skin off your nose to wait for a week or two.

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - Arrelaine - 09-19-2016

(09-19-2016, 08:40 AM)Kilieit Wrote: I think the only thing I'd reasonably ask for is don't try to get them on patch day if you already have a house?

Like... after the initial rush we can see how many (if any) are left over. We can see how the addition of new apartments to each building works. We can make an informed decision of what to do based on our particular brand of alt-itis or the particular idea we had for an apartment vs existing house.

Leave the patch-day rush to people who've never got to play with owning property in the housing system before? If it is indeed that we won't have to worry about availability, then it won't be much skin off your nose to wait for a week or two.
I think this is more reasonable. I don't think people will buy them who already have FC houses and get the same room for cheaper (they're the same size, just 200k more expensive), or already own a house. People will get them for IC reasons, but honestly it's no different than an FC room, just a more localized place for RPers. I'd like to get one for Reine, for IC reasons since she's not affiliated with a group for an FC room, but it's not worth staying up for.

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - Charity322 - 09-19-2016

I hope they don't all get snapped up immediately, 'cause I can't even afford one right now. XD

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - Faye - 09-19-2016

As someone who already has a cottage, an FC with a mansion, and various FC private chambers, I'm not going to take up an apartment space until they're readily available, particularly as I don't find it very useful to have the equivalent of another FC private chamber. I really wish SE would fix this housing mess. Sad It's frustrating to me that those of us with the means for multiple housing arrangements cannot do so without feeling guilty and potentially earning the ire of the community, and that's not even touching on how much it sucks for people who can't even get a single house.

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - Kage - 09-19-2016

The only upside this has if you have an FC or own a small is that the room is not subject to demolition. It also means a FC leader can not go apeshit and kick everyone out of the fcand house) before quitting the game. A personal room wouldn't be subject to FC drama.

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-19-2016

Im buying every apartment

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - Val - 09-19-2016

As others here have already said, I plan on waiting a few days before I check to see if there are any apartments. I do have a handful of alts without an FC that I'd like to get personal rooms for, one of which would be very suited IC for an apartment, but it's not a necessity. I honestly don't play him much and if I really just want space for him, I can toss him in my main FC and call it a day. I really hope that SE fixes the housing situation, though, and that all of those without one are capable of buying them. 

You'd think they'd be able to manage something outside of a glorified FC room though. I get that there are certain limitations, but why not allow the room to have some sort of balcony or something? Idunno. At any rate, good luck to everyone that will be involved in the mad rush for apartments!

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - Thunderbolt300 - 09-19-2016

I'm really hoping they don't get snapped up too quickly either... at this point I'm leveling and just trying to come up with 500K. I picked a hell of a time to start aggressively getting after FFXIV for the first time- even the chance at an apartment is totally welcome.

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - Momo - 09-25-2016

Some of these replies are real gems. Rolleyes

Asking for a note of giving or reason in this community is like yelling into a yawning void hoping for a reply. That isn't a reply you are hearing, it is the echo of your voice bouncing off greedy minds.

Sweet a sentiment as it is, this game tends to summon up an all-for-one attitude rather than a one-for-all, so those members who concede to the appeal of avoiding apartments, are likely the ones who just have no use for one because they have so much space beyond the norm at their disposal, rather than a call to fairness. I guess in the end that works just as well, but one is just more humorous to me.

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - McBeefâ„¢ - 09-25-2016

If anyone had an alt that theyd like to buy an aprtment on just to make everyone esle grumpy please pm me.

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - Kage - 09-25-2016

It just means people who can get an apartment and want an apartment may wait a little longer. It seems that apartments truly are the 'fix' for housing and that SE has the plans to quickly up the amount of apartments when needed.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=16114&pid=268437#pid268437

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - Gabineaux - 09-25-2016

(09-25-2016, 04:25 PM)Kage Wrote: It just means people who can get an apartment and want an apartment may wait a little longer. It seems that apartments truly are the 'fix' for housing and that SE has the plans to quickly up the amount of apartments when needed.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=16114&pid=268437#pid268437

It's really not a fix. They miss out on outdoor furniture, FCs without homes miss out on airships, I'm not getting mad at you I'm honestly mad at SE. They need to SCRAP the wards, put everyone's houses in instances and give them the option to upgrade their smalls to mediums or larges if they have the gil.. JUST GIVE US MOG HOUSES FROM FFXI.

Dazed

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - Warren Castille - 09-25-2016

(09-25-2016, 05:11 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote: JUST GIVE US MOG HOUSES FROM FFXI.

They are. Mog Houses in FFXI were just single-use rooms that allowed you to garden and display indoor furniture.

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - Aysun - 09-25-2016

(09-25-2016, 05:55 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 05:11 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote: JUST GIVE US MOG HOUSES FROM FFXI.

They are. Mog Houses in FFXI were just single-use rooms that allowed you to garden and display indoor furniture.

Nah, this is different because Mog Houses were free, and given to all players. That said, you couldn't invite friends into your Mog House iirc. And decorating was muuuch more limited. So I don't think people would be happy with Mog Houses in XIV either!

RE: A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis - Edgar - 09-25-2016

(09-25-2016, 03:15 PM)McBeef© Wrote: If anyone had an alt that theyd like to buy an aprtment on just to make everyone esle grumpy please pm me.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.