Hydaelyn Role-Players
Linkshell vs Companies - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Linkshell vs Companies (/showthread.php?tid=1913)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Linkshell vs Companies - Luka Paluka - 04-24-2013

(04-24-2013, 11:12 PM)Rhostel Wrote: I've been in good RP guilds who did solidly at endgame in WoW. Three of them, in fact, and been friends with members of others. None were hardcore at both, but that wasn't a matter of sacrifice, just shared preferences.

But I'm not keen on endgame. It's something I can be pulled into, but not something I can devote myself to. I don't like myself when I do. I really do want an RP-focused Free Company.

Yeah! It depends on what you're after, but I'm similar. The thing is I still like to see the content and experience it with people I get along with (namely people I become friends with through RP!).

I raided 'hardcore' once before in WoW and I didn't like the amount of stress it puts on you. And even when you do well, to me it makes the game feel a lot different and not as fun. I much prefer to focus on RP, but dip my toes into content when I have the chance. Looking at recent examples in MMOs (mainly WoW and Rift, I'll admit), the most I ever do on them now is Normal mode raids with roleplaying friends. 

If I can find a Roleplaying Free Company that 'casually' tackles end-game content then I'm going to be one happy bunny. I always lean that way more than end-game guilds that have a really light RP theme, for example.

Plus I want to build a purdy house IC! Laugh

RE: Linkshell vs Companies - ArmachiA - 04-25-2013

I run a guild that is both RP and endgame, and have for many years. There is a bit of sacrifice involved... mostly on the endgame side though, not on the RP side. Since RP is mostly done in downtime and endgame has to be coordinated way way more than just running to a tavern to RP with some friends, we find we have to be more casual in our endgame raiding if we want to do RP at all. Finding dedicated endgamers is fine and all, but they usually want to be faster than we want to.
That doesn't mean we aren't good at endgame, our guild on Emerald Dream in WoW was in the top 20, we just move at a slower pace than Hardcore guilds. Honestly, I think if we dedicated ourselves to one or the other ("Hardcore" Raiders or "Heavy" RPers) we would get pretty bored pretty fast.

I love finding people who love to do both endgame and RP but it's actually really hard, so a lot of the time the guild is split between Casual Raiders and RPers. A few people in our guild are both though, so that's good.

RE: Linkshell vs Companies - Anehki - 05-26-2013

(04-24-2013, 11:12 PM)Rhostel Wrote: I've been in good RP guilds who did solidly at endgame in WoW. Three of them, in fact, and been friends with members of others. None were hardcore at both, but that wasn't a matter of sacrifice, just shared preferences.

But I'm not keen on endgame. It's something I can be pulled into, but not something I can devote myself to. I don't like myself when I do. I really do want an RP-focused Free Company.

I've quit WoW recently, owning an RPPvP/PvE guild which had around 100-ish members at it's peak, it was so much fun, we always had things to do and I'm certainly making a Free Company which is RPPvP/PvE in ARR, we are already working on guild story and the likes.  So look out for "Lockheart Legion" hopefully, myself and guildees are so hyped for this game!

I am so looking forward to RPing in the new locations, the possibilities seem endless compared to other MMO's. (I've always been an FF fan at heart!)