Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Rollback - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: RPC Rollback (/showthread.php?tid=1942)

Pages: 1 2

RE: RPC Rollback - AeroCura - 05-10-2013

woa that's crazy.  :/  i'm really happy the site was recovered tho! Big Grin Big Grin Thumbsup

RE: RPC Rollback - Ronberku - 05-10-2013

Well this certainly sucks for me. I really think I have the worst luck ever when it comes to FF online related stuff lol. I finally updated my wiki profile with my character's background and quick timeline. And now all my hard work is gone. And I didn't even make a back-up of it anywhere orz...

Oh well, c'est la vie. Time to start writing all over again. And do it more properly this time.

Just to clarify, I'm not blaming anyone here(besides the one that decided to hack this place.) The rollback was inevitable and I should have at least saved my text when I was done.

RE: RPC Rollback - Blade - 05-10-2013

Thank you for your dedication Kylin, I know it had to be stressful. Treat yourself to a good beer or something. Wink

RE: RPC Rollback - Luka Paluka - 05-10-2013

I can only echo what's already been seen and thank you for your hard work in getting the site back up!

Hopefully the person responsible gets their fair share of karma and will think again before attacking -any- community after this.

Glad to see everything got away mostly unscathed, too! Great job all round! Smile

RE: RPC Rollback - Arlon - 05-10-2013

I blame you Kylin! Why would you let this happen! You probably offered the hackers cookies and a hug when they came in to wrecked the place! Frustrated

All the while the rest of us are outside, in the cold, with no shoes on, trying to figure out what happened!

[youtube]9gSQg1i_q2g[/youtube]

(Kylin, we love you!)

RE: RPC Rollback - Kari Illderthane - 05-11-2013

Glad to see it back up, but it is rather sad how someone spends there time to try and mess up an RP community site either way I hope the person gets find out and removed off there ISP and a big hefty fine.

Anyway nice job bringing the site back up so quick!

RE: RPC Rollback - Kylin - 05-11-2013

Those of you who had issues with the login box dropping down or the profile menu staying down, the issue should be fixed now after a page refresh. It seems the security update snuck in an altered javascript file that got rid of my edits to it. Sneaky bastards Angry

RE: RPC Rollback - Aulairet - 05-11-2013

This whole little snag is annoying. I really don't like when people go out of their way to be awful for no reason.  I'm glad no major damage was done and that RPC is still standing.

Yay RPC! ^_^

RE: RPC Rollback - Blue - 05-12-2013

(05-11-2013, 09:21 AM)Kylin Wrote: Those of you who had issues with the login box dropping down or the profile menu staying down, the issue should be fixed now after a page refresh. It seems the security update snuck in an altered javascript file that got rid of my edits to it. Sneaky bastards Angry

Yeah, it's all good now ^^ Thanks a lot, Kylin!

RE: RPC Rollback - Vareal - 05-12-2013

(05-11-2013, 09:21 AM)Kylin Wrote: Those of you who had issues with the login box dropping down or the profile menu staying down, the issue should be fixed now after a page refresh. It seems the security update snuck in an altered javascript file that got rid of my edits to it. Sneaky bastards Angry

Yes indeed, it is all fixed sir. Thank you! Thumbsup

and I deleted my cookies for you T^T

RE: RPC Rollback - Asyria - 05-12-2013

Wow, the things that happen when I'm not around! :O
Yay for fixin it, though!