Hydaelyn Role-Players
Linkshell Section Feedback - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Linkshell Section Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=217)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Shamadconde - 07-12-2010

ArmachiA Wrote:^[Image: emotrimshot.gif]
It's probably the hour of the night but that made me laugh so hard, I couldn't breath.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Kylin - 07-12-2010

That image would be perfect, assuming that's what the Crimson Blades want.

I've also decided to change the linkshell navigation menu. Instead of just listing them all in alphabetical order, you'll have the option to filter the linkshell lists based on style of RP. So you can either click an option to view all linkshells in alphabetical order or filter them based on light, casual, moderate, or heavy. Linkshells who classify themselves as "light-casual," "casual-moderate," or "moderate-heavy" will be placed in the lesser of the two classifications unless requested otherwise. Thus, a "light-casual" linkshell will be classified as a "light" RP shell.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - ArmachiA - 07-12-2010

We are good with that image and the filter system is a good idea.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Siben - 07-12-2010

Want me to change the coloring on it from boring ol' black and white?

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Faust - 07-13-2010

As usual I'm going to be critical for the sake of constructivism.

I think, even categorizing by RP style, you're going to potentially be looking at some very long lists. What might be entirely too technical but really cool would be to have linkpearls that form a circle, which spins to select. Not only would this look really cool, but all linkshells would be "equals" from the selection menu. Just a thought. A probably much simpler solution would be to make columns and rows rather than a single column.

Personally I don't think it's necessary to make a distinction between light and casual, nevermind moderate-heavy and such. They're subtle nuances, and I think most guilds will be fine if they have to choose between casual, intermediate, and serious business.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Siben - 07-13-2010

the Link Pearl navigation is doable with some action scripting, but having not touched flash in 3 years I couldn't tell you how to go about it without delving back into actionscript

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Satrina - 07-13-2010

Ahhh the joys of actionscript Frustrated

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Siben - 07-13-2010

eh, it honestly wouldn't be that bad.

it's just too late and night and I'm too out of practice to bother coming up with the formulas to shift the pearls left and right, scale them, and time the animation. ><

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Kylin - 07-13-2010

I'd rather stay away from using any flash elements, as that makes it difficult for me to update and whatnot. Plus a lot of users have trouble viewing flash related content properly.

Quote:Personally I don't think it's necessary to make a distinction between light and casual, nevermind moderate-heavy and such. They're subtle nuances, and I think most guilds will be fine if they have to choose between casual, intermediate, and serious business.

There's actually a pretty big distinction between each. Makes a world of difference to a lot of RPers. Plus, we already voted the system into effect some time ago and it would need to go through another discussion and vote for any changes.

I created a rough draft of the selection menu on the test site. Please ignore the bookmark tabs on the side >.>. As a test site, it's not always pretty xD.

Edit: link removed due to completion of final linkshell section.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Shamadconde - 07-13-2010

I like!

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Kylin - 07-14-2010

I dulled the icons a bit to better match the background.

You may now click on the "all" category to view the next layer there. The font size of the actual guild names will be larger in the final version and the style may change as well.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Shamadconde - 07-14-2010

I still like. What is the scroll bar for?

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Kylin - 07-14-2010

What scroll bar? Darn you people and your outdated web browsers! Laugh

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Shamadconde - 07-14-2010

The one that moves the word linkshell.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Hiname - 07-14-2010

This scrollbar.

*Using Firefox. The newest version!*