Hydaelyn Role-Players
What will you name your chocobo? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: What will you name your chocobo? (/showthread.php?tid=2308)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - Ronberku - 06-20-2013

(06-20-2013, 07:13 AM)Dogberry Wrote:
(06-20-2013, 04:35 AM)Ronberku Wrote: Lightning McQueen! Or Chicken McQueen!

Just kidding. I'll probably call him like my 1.0 chocobo. Either Aguro or Aggro.

AGGRO! I still haven't gotten over Shadow of the Colossus. Losing that horse hit me HARD.

I'm planning on naming mine Cassius. Playing a character who's more or less a boxer, it's only natural I pay homage to The Greatest.

You're the first person that instantly linked the name correctly to the horse of Shadow of the colossus O_O! Usually people think I took it from the term mob agro lol. And yeah that scene gave quite an impact. Simply because you basically travelled everywhere with the horse and a bond formed between the player and the horse.

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - CassandraJean - 06-20-2013

Hmmm possibly Ragnor. It's what I've named my car anyway.

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - Rhashi Nefhys - 06-20-2013

Plain and simple - Zeke Chocobo

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - Aysun - 06-20-2013

TANER   m   Turkish
Means "born at dawn" in Turkish.

He should be still alive.. I think. o_o Since Aysun's name is Turkish, I had to follow the tradition for her bird!

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - Myal - 06-20-2013

Myal names her chocobo Gustavo. She thinks it's a very manly name.

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - Moonfire - 06-20-2013

I decided to let my kids choose a name. Chip was what they came up with Chocobo

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - Noelle - 06-20-2013

Remi's Chocobo was named Crumpet, and I don't think I'll change it either.
'Cause it was yellow, and I'm brittish and crumpets.

[sub]All hail britannia.[/sub]

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - Eva - 06-20-2013

Eva's Chocobo is named Shuttle.

It's definitely a weaver thing, plus I've always loved the double entendre~

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - Dogberry - 06-20-2013

(06-20-2013, 07:44 AM)Ronberku Wrote:
(06-20-2013, 07:13 AM)Dogberry Wrote:
(06-20-2013, 04:35 AM)Ronberku Wrote: Lightning McQueen! Or Chicken McQueen!

Just kidding. I'll probably call him like my 1.0 chocobo. Either Aguro or Aggro.

AGGRO! I still haven't gotten over Shadow of the Colossus. Losing that horse hit me HARD.

I'm planning on naming mine Cassius. Playing a character who's more or less a boxer, it's only natural I pay homage to The Greatest.

You're the first person that instantly linked the name correctly to the horse of Shadow of the colossus O_O! Usually people think I took it from the term mob agro lol. And yeah that scene gave quite an impact. Simply because you basically travelled everywhere with the horse and a bond formed between the player and the horse.

He was your only companion in that game, through vast empty landscapes, and he was with you through everything, and when that horse died, I was absolutely determined to kill that last Colossus. People talk about crying when Aeris died, but I was an absolute WRECK when that game killed my horse.

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - Kerr - 06-20-2013

(06-20-2013, 11:24 AM)Eva Wrote: Eva's Chocobo is named Shuttle.

I love this, Eva! 

As for Kerr, he plans to name his (and any he breeds/raises) after ships. Perhaps starting with Ragamuffin, Privateer's Boy, or the Drunken Gollywobbler.

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - Abaigeal - 06-20-2013

abai's is "Feitheid" it means Bird of Prey

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - Ashren Dotharl - 06-20-2013

I plan on naming mine Weiss, for the pun of Snow and White.

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - Myavar - 06-20-2013

Most likely I'll be going with "Rellor", Mya'var's deceased husband's name (from her pre ffxiv lore), or I'll go through a list of her childrens /descendants names.

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - Gerik - 06-20-2013

(06-20-2013, 11:36 AM)Kerr Wrote:
(06-20-2013, 11:24 AM)Eva Wrote: Eva's Chocobo is named Shuttle.

I love this, Eva! 

As for Kerr, he plans to name his (and any he breeds/raises) after ships. Perhaps starting with Ragamuffin, Privateer's Boy, or the Drunken Gollywobbler.

Gollywobbler is adorable!

RE: What will you name your chocobo? - Xenedra - 06-20-2013

Shuttle is an adorable name :3

My chocobo's name is Mandoralen, which was the max number of characters allowed. I remember cause the name is supposed to have two Ls, but I had to drop one : P. This could, of course, change in 2.0. I don't recall if spaces were allowed in 1.0 or not.